The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Shootin Sticks (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Shootin Sticks
Rob
Knows what it's all about
Member # 75

Icon 1 posted July 28, 2006 06:54 PM      Profile for Rob   Email Rob         Edit/Delete Post 
You can buy them directly from Vern..
Lavern Howey
P.O Box 87
Granger, Wyoming
307-875-8928

--------------------
"Where did all these #$%^&* Indians come from?" Gen. George Armstrong Custer

Posts: 224 | From: Clancy Montana | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted July 30, 2006 07:54 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
You'll like those sticks Andy. I've been using them for a few years now, and forsaken all others. Not only does the swiveling head allow smooth panning on a moving coyote, but the way the top piece bridges the two legs, makes the whole setup more stable than "crossed" sticks.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted July 30, 2006 10:09 AM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Andy,

I met and spoke with Vern yesterday and described your predicament. He said that being as you had an Airedale, he wouldn't recommend you using his sticks as they just wouldn't hold up. He suggested you get a couple of pieces of rebar either 1/2" or 5/8" 30-36" long.

But I bought a pair of his sticks for me, and like everyone says, there the best I've ever seen!

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Nahuatl
Knows what it's all about
Member # 708

Icon 1 posted July 31, 2006 09:53 AM      Profile for Nahuatl   Email Nahuatl         Edit/Delete Post 
After using the Stoney Point tripod w/tailpiece, I'm a believer. It holds your rifle/shotgun at the ready hands-free for calling in either sitting or standing position and doubles as a camera tripod for photos. The tripod actually breaks down into a mono-pod and a bipod. Tripods were actually banned at the last Memorial Hunt cold barrel shoot, because they give an unfair advantage over those still shooting a mono- or bi-pod. I bought the whole package at Cabela's and it saved a lot of dough over buying the individual parts from SP.
Posts: 202 | From: Mount Gleason, Angeles NF | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted August 21, 2006 05:23 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
I just ordered two of the Vern Howies from APC. Funny thing, I went to their site and again, they werent listed. Just the top listed pair only. I had to go back to this thread and go in from the posted link to get them.

Weird.

Cant wait to try em out though!!

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters