The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Stopping a coyote (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Stopping a coyote
TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted March 31, 2014 09:21 AM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Hard to pack all if that on a bicycle ain't it Koko?
Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 31, 2014 03:08 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I've got an old Schwinn Sierra, one of the original Mountain Bikes. Packing a bunch of stuff in on it isn't all that hard........it's packing a big game animal back out that's the neat trick.

[Cool]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2014 10:24 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if everyone has had their say. I would just point out that I spent a hell of a lot of time and energy trying to stop a coyote with a friggin' lip squeak! Finally convinced; it don't work. Forget it.

These young people today have it made. Geezus, whenI started, you couldn't buy camo anywhere. And, I am not exaggerating. Maybe an odd WWII pattern, but look at what's available today.

I hand built my first portable caller out of a Motorola 8 track. Nowadays, 100 sounds is basic stuff, in a ecaller that looks like the flashlights we used to use for picking up animals at night.

Funny thing is, back then, I was killing a hell of a lot more animals than today. It would be unheard of to see 50 animals a night, these days, but we did. Of course, we only seemed to average 7 killed, but that's nothing to be ashamed of.

I'm just saying, with nobody to turn to, no videos and CD's, it was all trial and error and there were a lot of errors. But still, with all the advantages we have today, the real problem is POPULARITY.

I read stuff in that Predator Extreme rag and a lot of it is/okay be nice. I must be getting old?

Good hunting. El Bee

[ April 06, 2014, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31471 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2014 12:21 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Up until early 2000 when we got internet, I didn't know anyone hunted them except me and mine.

And Carhart coveralls were all the camo I needed. It was just something else to shoot and I never thought I'd need to know so much to kill a coyote. But you're right, with everyone buying a FP, they have flooded the woods so I make fewer stands that have to be just right and talk up duck hunting in public.

[ April 06, 2014, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: TOM64 ]

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2014 03:32 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Until a few years ago i would just wear a olive green hooded Carhart coat and jeans, now days i wear a kings camo hoodie, or kings camo coat depending on how cold it is. But still just jeans. I would still be using the carhart coat if i hadn't been given the camo as Christmas gifts.lol

As far as the new wave of e-callers out there they are nice and convient tools that help in alot of different calling situations but honestly i have killed more coyote by along shot with plain ol hand calls than with my foxpro callers.

Good Hunting Chad

Posts: 1619 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2014 04:20 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And Carhart coveralls were all the camo I needed.
I wear those and generally a leafy top. Heck I know a guy who wears blue denim.

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters