The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Best Coyote Vocalizations (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Best Coyote Vocalizations
Randy Buker
Knows what it's all about
Member # 134

Icon 1 posted October 15, 2005 08:36 AM      Profile for Randy Buker   Author's Homepage   Email Randy Buker         Edit/Delete Post 
I watched a borrowed copy myself. I refused to give BM a single dollar of mine. It was good entertainment. I sat there amazed. Frequently saying "you've got to be kidding me."

Rich,

I sent you an email.

--------------------
Hunting the Red Fox

www.geocities.com/foxhunter_56308

Posts: 158 | From: Parkers Prairie, MN | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted October 15, 2005 08:47 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Randy, it is entertaining to an experienced caller. It is surely a confusing misrepresentation of coyote ecology to the novice.
"A Coyote Tutorial" is a very well produced 90 minute commercial for the WT caller and more than a little careless with the facts.
Tyler and I had a little fun with it on our video. [Big Grin]

IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted October 15, 2005 04:23 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich Higgins,
A couple of my grandchildren had a lot of fun with mine today. They had lost their bouncy ball so I gave em that DVD and told em it was a neat frizbee.

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted October 15, 2005 06:35 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Cronk, That would be neat to see. Love to watch kids having a great time. As far as watching it goes, I'm not much for fiction these days. Or, would it be categorized as "fantasy". Maybe I'll catch the sequel, even if they never do live up to the original.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
keekee
Member # 465

Icon 1 posted October 15, 2005 06:35 PM      Profile for keekee   Author's Homepage   Email keekee         Edit/Delete Post 
So, I take it that there are no Eastern coyotes shot in this Video?

Rich H,

I will be looking for it in the mail! I will make sure I let you know what I think. Also, your package is in the mail! Let me know when you get it.

Brent

[ October 15, 2005, 06:37 PM: Message edited by: keekee ]

--------------------
Kee's Custom Calls
http://www.keescalls.com

Posts: 295 | From: Southern Ohio | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
2dogs
Member # 649

Icon 1 posted October 15, 2005 07:16 PM      Profile for 2dogs           Edit/Delete Post 
WOW!.....
----------------
JRB, I don't speak coyote. But I use high pitched, yips/howls. Followed by [irregularly-irregular], rabbit distress squals. As well as a little bit of fawn bleat.

eg; Mammal Heart rythm patterns, there are; regular, irregular-regular, [irregularly-irregular].
--------------

One statement that caught my eye..." coyotes don't structure logic" [Confused]

Perhaps, That could be explained further. Nature vs Nurture under varying conditions. Is what comes to my mind. Logic, would be the ability to learn, make decisions good/bad, right/wrong based on incoming data.

Perhaps, I have came upon an area in this country. Where the [local]coyotes are unable to "sense" what's going down. Then respond, accordinly in a synaptic[fight/flight]overload. I must be dreaming [Confused] For some [reason] they know, I'm trying to kill them [Wink] .

Posts: 1034 | From: central Iowa | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted October 15, 2005 08:58 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Everett,

Could we just coin a new term for us pampass know it alls and refer to your irregularly irregular bunny squeals as "afibular distress vocalizations"? [Wink] LOL [Wink] (Inside joke)

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
2dogs
Member # 649

Icon 1 posted October 15, 2005 09:04 PM      Profile for 2dogs           Edit/Delete Post 
LOL! Lance.

Hmmm, not a pamp, nor a "know it all". But have been an ass many times [Big Grin] [must be my real calling]. Hmmm, more I think about it. I don't fit in, to many places [Confused]

Posts: 1034 | From: central Iowa | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nahuatl
Member # 708

Icon 1 posted October 18, 2005 04:42 PM      Profile for Nahuatl   Email Nahuatl         Edit/Delete Post 
Varmint calling and hunting are great fun. However, one of the biggest downers in the entire industry is Bill Martz, a real turd in the punchbowl. The WT video is garbage.... described elsewhere as "Eastern coyote hunting bloopers and other things that make absolutely no sense".... full of red hot tips like,"Don't move when the coyote is looking at you." "Coyotes don't have supermarkets." "Most coyote hunters are brain-dead." "Coyotes can't multi-task." Like Duh, for an intelligent man, Bill Martz is the brain-deadest, blow-hardest, dumtastic ditz ever. He may build a decent caller, but he is a miserable person with whom to speak or deal. He is mentally ill. Listening to him makes me puke. And one of these days the FCC will get wise to his remote control shenanigans.

The best part of the video is the cricket chirp.

Friends do not let friends buy a WT caller.

Bill, NOBODY LIKES YOU.

Posts: 202 | From: Mount Gleason, Angeles NF | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted October 18, 2005 06:27 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
So Nahuatl, what was your favorite "Bill Martz Brain Fartz" on the video?
Varmit Hunter watched it recently and especially liked
"My shooter just shot a coyote that he could not see!"

IP: Logged
Bill Martz
Member # 378

Icon 1 posted October 18, 2005 10:31 PM      Profile for Bill Martz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Martz         Edit/Delete Post 
Nahuatl or is it Gary Clevenger of Acton, CA? Are you ashamed of your name?

Why didn't you tell the boys why you are so angry?Well I guess I will have to explain why you are so mad. You see Mr. Clevenger bought a wildlife caller from us about 1 year ago along with a coyote video. He raved how well the caller performed and that the video was great. For the past year he was very happy with the caller and the video. This September he purchased his second caller from us along with a whole lot of sounds. About 3 weeks later he gave us a call. He was angry that he couldn't copy our sounds from the new caller to use as he saw fit. By the way Gary, I know for a fact that you gave our sounds to other people to use which is a violation of the copyright laws. I have many many friends unlike you. At any rate, because he couldn't pirate any of the sounds in the new caller he purchased, he thought he should get a refund from us. Isn't that laughable? Gary, you are typical of the low life that gives all hunters a bad rap. Why do you have to come here to complain when you're the one who did the wrong? Don't you have a mommy? You will be hearing from someone shortly.

Bill Martz
I don't live under a rock like you Gary.

--------------------
Bill Martz
www.wildlifetech.com

Posts: 96 | From: NH | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Steve Craig
Lacks Opposable Thumbs/what's up with that?
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted October 19, 2005 09:36 AM      Profile for Steve Craig           Edit/Delete Post 
Nahuatl or whatever your name is,

I consider Bill a friend, and a very good friend at that.So dont make bold statements that are not true.I have been with him in the field and unlike many others here, I know that there is more to this man than ANYONE here knows.
Question?
How does a guy sell 30+ callers a month after month, consistantly, and do ZERO advertizing? Why is it a rareity when a WT shows up for sale and why is it that it is gone in hours when one does show up?
Somebody must like the units?
One thing is for sure he certainly gives Leonards board alot of visits when he shows up here!
I'm off to the hunts again and will not be returning for a while. Two more lions called in last week, both were juvies. Both with the WT. Rain killing me here the last couple days.
Gotta run.
Steve

--------------------
Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction. - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 442 | From: Cottonwood,Az, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Nahuatl
Member # 708

Icon 14 posted October 19, 2005 01:33 PM      Profile for Nahuatl   Email Nahuatl         Edit/Delete Post 
After many years of hunting in California, Arizona, and Nevada, I use the tools that work and change or discard those that don't. It is my personal observation after a season of experimentation that Johnny Stewart distresses, here in the western states, continue to attract more predators than any of Bill Martz’s expensive eastern coyote yodels, regardless of the blather above. I think a vast majority of experienced hunters would agree that the Johnny Stewart distresses have a proven record of success, and that Bill Martz’s theories on coyote communication are the rankest speculation. The real reason that Bill Martz has his panties in a twist is that I play Johnny Stewart distresses on an older model WT wave player, and Bill can’t stand it. Using Johnny Stewart distress sounds instead of Bill’s dog squalls not only TRIPLES your productivity in the field, it saves hundred$ of dollar$. It’s as simple as that. I thoroughly offend Bill’s sense of greed. We disagree on calling methods and we disagree about hunting. To me it's a source of fun and adventure, and to him, hunters are a source of income. The rest of Bill’s diatribe, as usual, is total paranoid NONSENSE. He’s become an expert at nonsense. Watch his video. Read his posts. His broadside early on would try to convince you he is the last best hope to preserve intelligence on earth ROFLMAO. Yes Bill, we have libraries on the west coast and use them regularly. Then he spews some warped version of the truth spun to suit him, a demented paranoid hallucination where sound pirates plunder and pillage his copyrighted possessions for disribution to the unwashed masses without proper homage being paid to fearless leader. It's no different than changing a cd in the boombox. That’s all there is to it. He thinks he’s Bill Gates facing some Napster-like conspiracy. Bill is a pompous megalomaniac, a liar, and a fool. I've grown weary of the way he runs everyone over, never listening, smearing his competition, and even beating up on Leonard in his own home, ad. nauseum. He has absolutely no class.

On two separate occasions, I have endured Bill's personal insults of Gerald Stewart. Bill apparently makes a regular habit of running other people down at every opportunity. His comments were demeaning and unfounded. Bill called Gerald “stupid” on multiple occasions in a variety of ways. Personally, I think Gerald Stewart is great guy, a truly nice man, who engenders customer loyalty. Bill Martz could learn a lot from him. Bill is apparently jealous of Gerald’s popularity. I found Bill Martz’s comments and his insults, then and now, to be offensive.

I also suspect that Bill Martz is thoroughly chafed by the success and acceptance of the new FoxPro III. The FoxPro costs approximately $1000 less than a similarly equipped WT caller, and unlike WT, plays ALL kinds of sounds with equal facility, including Gerald’s. FoxPro also has, unlike WT, responsive and courteous customer service, and you don’t have to endure Bill’s braggadocios or insults in order to do business with them. Bill requires some serious ass-kissing as a prerequisite for the purchase of one of his callers. We all know the type. It won't be long before he requires a signed and sworn loyalty oath. He voids the warranty and refuses to service his product for anyone who refuses to continue to suck up to him or dare have the audacity to question or speak out countrary to his faux intelligence. Could it be that this new competition, FoxPro's 36 sound caller, and Bill Martz’s rotten attitude have put his business in the tank? Look around. Bill has become quite a joke and a regular topic of conversation. His bizarre ideas and over-inflated sense of self-worth have become a constant source of humor in hunting circles and bulletin boards nationwide and he’s spending a lot of his time and energy defending himself on the Internet. On the contrary, it is blowhard slob hunters like Bill that continue to propagate a bad rap, and that's easily proven. One need only do a search at PM, CG, or here to find that Bill and his sycophants are either banned, deleted, or the subject of much ridicule, and that’s the truth.

Your mother uses a FoxPro.

((The first question and answer in the FAQ at the FoxPro website is an interesting read. It touches briefly on remote control use on FRS frequencies and is the result of much thought and investigation by FoxPro and their attorneys. It appears Bill Martz has much bigger fish to fry than his petty grievances with me. It also appears that they have complained to the FCC about his application and misuse of FRS frequencies and unfair competitive advantage. I read somewhere else the fine for misuse of those frequencies in a commercial application, if found appropriate, is $100K plus double the profits gleaned. Is that possible? Wow, that's a big fine. What a terrible cloud to have hanging over your head. Bill, being you must suck.))

[ October 20, 2005, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: Nahuatl ]

Posts: 202 | From: Mount Gleason, Angeles NF | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted October 19, 2005 03:36 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Nahuatl
I pretty much think that everything you said would have been best left unsaid.

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 21, 2005 11:39 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It appears that Bill is correct, on at least one issue. The above poster, (member #708 Nahuatl)
has just reregistered as Gary Clevenger, with a different email address, but it's the same IP address. He may have used the screen name "beartrap" on the old board?

Welcome to the New Huntmasters, Gary.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Nahuatl
Member # 708

Icon 1 posted October 21, 2005 10:17 PM      Profile for Nahuatl   Email Nahuatl         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, Thanks for the headsup. I read regularly, but haven't posted in a long, long time and could not find my old info. The bear doesn't leave his cave without a lot of provocation.

Oh Bill.... You'll be hearing from someone soon.

Friends don't let friends buy a WT caller.

[ October 21, 2005, 10:40 PM: Message edited by: Nahuatl ]

pup
Member # 90

Icon 1 posted October 24, 2005 12:27 PM      Profile for pup           Edit/Delete Post 
What ever happened to "any old howl will do"?

later pup

Posts: 213 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters