The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » King of the coyote (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: King of the coyote
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted July 05, 2004 07:53 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
For Quinton's coyote, I'm going to say 44 pounds. What do I win?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31473 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted July 05, 2004 08:08 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
44 and one half. What do I win?
Byron you crack me up.

IP: Logged
Bryan J
Cap and Trade Weenie
Member # 106

Icon 1 posted July 05, 2004 11:13 PM      Profile for Bryan J   Email Bryan J         Edit/Delete Post 
40 pounds shot in January 1997 what do I win? LOL
Posts: 599 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Yellerdog
Knows what it's all about
Member # 356

Icon 1 posted July 06, 2004 05:07 AM      Profile for Yellerdog   Email Yellerdog         Edit/Delete Post 
I just registered on here! What do I win? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Lee Smith

Remember, we meet at dawn.

Posts: 59 | From: Southeastern Michigan | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted July 06, 2004 05:55 AM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome YellerDog,
What you win is getting to hang out with these guys. But thats a pretty good prize. There is more good knowledge and less drivel here than anywhere on the net. Leonard runs a 1st class place.

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Yellerdog
Member # 356

Icon 1 posted July 06, 2004 06:05 AM      Profile for Yellerdog   Email Yellerdog         Edit/Delete Post 
Cal Taylor,

That does sound like a fantastic prize. [Big Grin] Everyone was wanting a prize there, so I thought I may as well jump in!

--------------------
Lee Smith

Remember, we meet at dawn.

Posts: 59 | From: Southeastern Michigan | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Q-Wagoner
FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted July 06, 2004 08:00 AM      Profile for Q-Wagoner           Edit/Delete Post 
You guys are greedy! “What do I win, what do I win?” Sheesh! Hows a bout a brand new Krusty Krier call? Or a $20 donation to John Kerry’s election campaign? LOL I think Bryan nailed it. It was about 40lbs and I think I even shot it in January. Can’t remember if it was in 97 though but it dang sure could have been.

Good hunting.

Q,

Posts: 617 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted July 06, 2004 09:01 AM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
"a brand new Krusty Krier(s) call"....

For who??? [Eek!] lol

Krusty  -

[ July 06, 2004, 09:05 AM: Message edited by: Krustyklimber ]

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bryan J
Cap and Trade Weenie
Member # 106

Icon 1 posted July 06, 2004 10:07 AM      Profile for Bryan J   Email Bryan J         Edit/Delete Post 
In all honesty, my “guess” should be thrown out I cheated…. http://www.huntmastersbbs.com/cgi-ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000196 I knew I knew I had seen that picture before. LOL The “prize” that yellerdog got is just fine by me! [Big Grin]

edit to make the link work

[ July 06, 2004, 10:08 AM: Message edited by: Bryan J ]

Q-Wagoner
FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted July 06, 2004 10:52 AM      Profile for Q-Wagoner           Edit/Delete Post 
I knew I posted it before but I wasn’t sure where. I was about ready to e-mail you for some lottery numbers. LOL Ya, this is a pretty good place to hang out. If we get board we just pick on Krusty. Krusty is like a proverbial case of the herpes. Just when you think he is gone you get another annoying outbreak. LOL

Good hunting.

Q,

Posts: 617 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted July 06, 2004 01:16 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of pockets... I'm a believer.

For several years, I weighed every coyote I killed, and most of the ones others killed while I was hunting with them. Like Byron said, my scales aren't exactly "certified", just a fish scale, but they give me a reference that is good enough for my purposes. Don't weigh many anymore, as I learned what I was looking to learn. But, anyway... In almost all of the places I hunt, 30 pounds is a pretty big coyote. One "area" I hunt though, they definitely run bigger. Most adults go 30 pounds or more there, with the biggest I have taken being 37 pounds. A 1 - 2 hour hiway run puts me back in the 24 - 28 pound adults. They look identical, to me, except for the size. Best as I can tell, they all eat about the same too (from the year I cut open stomachs...). If I had to guess, I'd guess that the smaller variety I get most everywhere are Mearns, and the big boys are Mountain. But I wouldn't bet anything on me being right about that, as I really don't know. My only point being, these larger coyotes exist in what I'd call a "pocket", and I've always thought it kind of interesting.

I get what I consider to be credible reports of coyotes over 40 pounds from Nevada every once in awhile too. All killed by the same guy, or members of his party. One of them, from about five years ago, went 52 pounds. I'd believe the guy, just on his word, but he also sent me video of that one, and it sure looks all of 50 to me. Bryan also knows the guy I'm talking about.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted July 06, 2004 03:48 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Q,

"...like ...the herpes"

Now that was a good burn!  -
I 'bout fell out my chair laughing!!! [Smile]

Nice catch there, yersef, Bryan J... I thought I'd seen that giant canid before, too.

And actually I don't think you have a Krusty Kriers call yet, that I remember... I'd be proud to give ya the prize Q has offered up.
A really sweet english walnut, open reed call just became available today... I had made an open reed and a closed reed not knowing which the guy would choose... he chose the closed reed.
I'll voice it like a jackrabbit, being dragged down a gravel road, and you can try it on yer desert dogs. [Wink]

Krusty  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bryan J
Cap and Trade Weenie
Member # 106

Icon 1 posted July 07, 2004 01:10 PM      Profile for Bryan J   Email Bryan J         Edit/Delete Post 
Krusty, I will send you an e-mail. Thank you. I’m surprised you didn’t let me know that I said “I knew” twice. LOL

I know who you are talking about Dave, and I would take his word for gold. I have seen a pelt that he still has hanging in the fur-shed that was killed by his son. I can’t remember what he said it weighed but the stretched and dried pelt was huge in comparison to the rest of his fur. He had to build a special stretcher for that one.

crapshoot
Member # 225

Icon 1 posted July 07, 2004 03:23 PM      Profile for crapshoot   Email crapshoot         Edit/Delete Post 
Wished I would have had a scale for this one. To bad the hide was rubbed also.  -
Posts: 44 | From: S. Nevada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted July 07, 2004 07:47 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Bryan J,

"I knew that I knew"... I believe, that I believe, that that is what you meant to say! Hehehe [Razz]

I really am not the Spaling Peleece... it was just the way "defiantly coyotes" came out, that had me in stitches.
And I figured someone might appreciate the joke in it, I certainly did.

Well guys, no more jokes, no teasing, no posting... I am going back into the lurker mode.
Sorry for any ruffled feathers, or hurt feelings.

Krusty  -

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters