The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Down wind coyotes (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: Down wind coyotes
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2006 11:44 AM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Lance,

If that's your idea of "funnin" with someone, to sucker punch them in the guts, I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE.

YOU don't get to GIVE me and honorary position, I already more than earned it for myself.
I KNEW I was "official", long before you ever said anything.

Win a trip? What you are talking about? [Confused]

If I felt like going someplace else, I now have enough money I can get in my truck and go anyplace I like, for (practically) as long as I like.
Cruises included.

I just don't have anyplace I want to go.
Most (if not all) of the "offers" I have recieved appear to be no longer valid.
It took a few years for me to come to grips with, BUT I am on my own, and I am okay with that now.

I doubt I will ever travel very far to hunt coyotes.

Krusty  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2006 11:59 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Lance
"Didn't bury 'em deep enough. Saw it right off."
Will Geer in Jeremiah Johnson

IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2006 01:54 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh well...

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2006 04:37 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
"Down wind coyotes", now that title rings a bell. I wrote an article for Trapper and Predator caller with that very title. That was several years ago, probably in early 1990's. I had spent a few days down around Wellington,Texas for purpose of whacking a few of their resident coyotes. The terrain in that area changes quite quickly when you drive just a few miles in either direction. When I was calling the rolling prairie where I could get up high on a sidehill and see for a long ways, I had pretty good luck by calling down winderly. I find that I am almost always calling toward some type of distant cover that looks "Gamey". Coyotes seem to like spending daylight hours back in there with the rabbits, quail and other fine foods. Anyways, I tried to setup with wind at my back but the cover I was actually calling toward would be to right or left of downwind. Coyotes coming out of the cover would usually head for my scent cone on their way in, but most of em got dead before they figured it may be dangerous over there at my hidey hole.

Each hunter will have their own special way of working the wind, or at least the successful hunters will. [Wink]

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jrbhunter
PAYS ATTENsION TO deTAIL
Member # 459

Icon 13 posted May 30, 2006 07:36 PM      Profile for Jrbhunter   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
As Doc would say: Why Krusty, I do believe Poker is just not your game...

*Yawn*

Posts: 615 | From: Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2006 07:49 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
So much for being "nice" Some people just don't know how to do "nice". You come in here and jump into a discussion to "make a joke" that, frankly, I took (or mistook) as a slight at me or my partner, and when I return your volley, you come out acting like anything that's going on here has anything to do with YOU. It isn't about YOU, Jeff! Get it? Get over it!

Tell ya what...I'll make you happy and just resume acting like you're the non-factor you are and that you don't exist. Makes everyone's life that much easier. But I will go away making sure that you understand quite clearly that even though Matt is a rookie at calling and that he only has three solid months of calling coyotes under his belt, compared to your 5+ years, he's still managed to kill (roughly) 18-20 times more coyotes in that time than you can claim over your storied lifetime.

-  -

(There Leonard, does that breathe some life into the board? [Big Grin] )

[ May 30, 2006, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: Cdog911 ]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 11 posted May 30, 2006 08:10 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
ouch thats hot!
Cdog911: The grass is green the sun is warm, The grass is green the sun is warm.

[ May 30, 2006, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5065 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Steve Craig
Lacks Opposable Thumbs/what's up with that?
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2006 08:40 PM      Profile for Steve Craig           Edit/Delete Post 
I just wait for a day with no wind, then I dont have to worry about it! LOL [Smile]

--------------------
Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction. - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 442 | From: Cottonwood,Az, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2006 09:25 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Lance,

As usual things between you and I have spiralled out of proportion. [Eek!]

For my part, I'm sorry.

You are right, this isn't about me, the same as it isn't about you either. [Wink]

I don't think I "jumped in" anywhere I am not supposed to be, or that the "punishment" befit the "crime".
I don't think you needed to go for the throat, the way you did.

Comparing my own situation to Matt's isn't really fair.
He's not alone out there, and he's not here.
I don't have a "Lance", and I am not in the open prairie.

I never meant to take anything away from the accomplishment you guys had as a team, or Matt's own part of that.
You guys had to be doing something right... and some luck also had to be on your side.

Congratulations to both of you. [Smile]

As I said, I don't want to play anymore. I'll go away now myself.

To all of you,

May the wind always be where ever it is you want it, and may your bullets land where you planned.

Good Bye

Krusty  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2006 07:14 AM            Edit/Delete Post 

[ May 31, 2006, 07:15 AM: Message edited by: Rich Higgins ]

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2006 10:32 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope this works. http://www.veofun.com/df-26

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2006 12:24 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't care who you are. That's funny as hell.

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2006 05:36 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
That was a good one Rich, LOL [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5065 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 01, 2006 02:16 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't believe this? Krusty and Lance team up to bag a nice dog coyote!

Way to go. boys! Krusty broke his cherry thanks to Lance's expert calling.

-

(egads, don't the sun ever shine in Seattle?)

[ June 01, 2006, 02:20 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted June 01, 2006 06:20 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
The K&L calling team has connected! I think this is the sound they used http://www.veofun.com/NewMouse

--------------------

TREE MY DOG
PAKMAN
Member # 731

Icon 6 posted June 04, 2006 04:27 PM      Profile for TREE MY DOG   Email TREE MY DOG         Edit/Delete Post 
well boys i was going to try to slink off the porch quietly,but.....

just a small bone to chew on first>>>
COUNTLESS is more than krusty has seen or shot at. krusty, maybe you should shoot a paper target a little more and you could actually kill a yote instead of just shooting at them. when you are good like lance rich cal and Q people will tell you, so feel free to shut up any time you feel lance has gut punched you enough. i never claimed to be good or great and you know what i am not good yet. i may never be but some one will tell me when i am.

well hope yall liked chewing on me just a little, maybe some day i can be invited back to the porch.

PS. go back to your village ###### ####### !

pps just funnin with ya
[Cool]

--------------------
matt

Posts: 7 | From: kansas | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted June 04, 2006 05:02 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
To honest, I wasn't going to respond any further on this thread after Leonard so rudely desecrated what is a very special picture of my son and I together in the field. I say that in all seriousness. But, en lieu of Matt's response, I figured it best to point out that I did tell him that he should choose his words very carefully as this board will do it for him and eat him alive because of them. Then again, he seems to have the right idea about some things.

In any event, if the cure for K is

-

the cure for Matt must be

And THAT is my last word on this subject.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 04, 2006 05:57 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's what I get for doing a favor for someone. Blame. I'll probably never learn, as I (also) thought it was funny as hell. Sorry, Lance.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted June 04, 2006 06:20 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
No problem, Leonard. I'm just waiting to see who hands Matt his ass first. [Smile] Damned kids.

--------------------

JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted June 04, 2006 08:03 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm just waiting to see who hands Matt his ass first.
[Smile] Anyone could tuck their tail & run........I like him, he`s got fire. [Smile]

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted June 04, 2006 08:31 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Matt. [Razz]
TREE MY DOG
PAKMAN
Member # 731

Icon 1 posted June 04, 2006 09:04 PM      Profile for TREE MY DOG   Email TREE MY DOG         Edit/Delete Post 
lance i have known you long enough to know you always have somehing to say. you'll be back

--------------------
matt

Posts: 7 | From: kansas | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 04, 2006 09:40 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
all will be back, I reckon?  -

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2006 03:51 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
TREE MY DOG,
Welcome to the home of the big dogs. [Cool]

--------------------

csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2006 04:41 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
AND.......... BOOM, GOES THE DYNAMITE!
did RedRabbit start this thread?
upwind coyote, downwind coyote, crosswind coyote or no wind coyote. beats the hell out of no coyotes at all, any day.

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters