The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Calls and Gear forum   » Latex bands (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Latex bands
Seldom Ever
Knows what it's all about
Member # 185

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2003 05:58 AM      Profile for Seldom Ever   Email Seldom Ever         Edit/Delete Post 
Cdog et all,

So Krusty tells a half truth about me on a discussion board,and I'm not supposed to get mad ? He expresses his disgust and anger at me, and then says he's sorry,so I'm supposed to forget all the other BS he's thrown out and accept the apology ? Not likely.I was having fun posting back and forth with all you guys,and never once did I ever say anyone was wrong in what they might have posted about yote hunting. I disagreed with Q about the use of a ghillie suit,so what ? I think they're beneficial,he doesn't,so big deal ? What gets me is that Q doesn't seem to have a problem with it,but Krusty does ? If Q has a problem with me publicly disagreeing with him on some minor thing like that,then maybe he shouldn't hang out at discussion boards,or maybe he should e-mail me with his problem,since my e-mail addy is visible ? Anybody's expertise at any particular thing is great,I applaud them,but I'm not gonna kiss there butt or refrain from expressing my own views because of there expertise,nor will I take it lightly when some rock climbing yahoo tries to tell me,nicely or otherwise,to shut up.I never once said I was any good at yote hunting,I've always said I haven't been calling the first time yet.

The fact is, I wrote and asked Krusty if he would build one call for me,and if so,how much did he charge ? Jeff indicated in his first e-mail reply to me that he had plenty of calls,then he said he had one with my name on it,waiting on me. I never said," I'll take one , put my name on it ",he assumed all that.Then later he complained about his PC being slow,so I offered to send him some RAM,in exchange for the call which he had taken the liberty of putting my name on. A bit later he e-mails me that he wants to send me a set of shooting sticks.So I came up with the idea of sending him a 450mhz PII PC for one of each type of call he makes,and 2 sets of shooting sticks.I figure it's an even trade,and he gets a better PC to help him in his new call making buisness. He writes back really peeved about me "trying to take his entire inventory". So I wrote back and apologized,told him I didn't know it was his entire inventory,and I would send him the new PC for one double reed call,and one set of shooting sticks.I figure what the heck,the guy's out of a job,trying to start a new buisness, wants to become a PM moderator [and apparently aspires to do the same at huntmasters] so he can get free advertising there. So, I think I can really do an apparently nice guy a favor,by sending him a newer,faster,more reliable,more powerful PC,right???? Next thing I know,he's attacking me at huntmasters because he wants his money for the call. Why didn't he just e-mail me and say so to start with ? Never once did he say,I'd rather get paid than trade!

So now he's got his money,it's on the way,my wife is mailing it this morning. My wife wants me to get off of these discussion boards,because I have a bad heart. She's afraid I'll get really po'ed one day and have a big attack.Last year I had a very mild stroke, nothing damaged. I know that it's the internet and people make up all kinds of stuff,but I'm telling the truth as God is my witness. Fact is, I don't really care whether anybody believes me or not.I am home today because this damn heart is giving me some problems,which started earlier in the week,and had nothing to do with Krusty. I gotta go see the cardio doc at 4:30 today.I will not let any of this slow me down,I'll continue to hunt and express my own humble opinion. Leonard,I am truly sorry this happened, but if you and Lance take a real close look,you'll see that I was minding my own buisness,I didn't tell Krusty to do anything,until after he started in on me. I know you don't like this crap cluttering up your board, but I can hardly just keep sitting here and watch people post asking Krusty and me to kiss and make up:^),without hearing my side of it.Especially in light of the fact that Krusty has only told part of the truth,and not all of it.This whole experience has left me mystified as to what the purpose of the board is?
So now I'll shut my keyboard on the subject.I do however,have one question ? Is this a discussion board for everybody to post,have fun,and learn at,or is it a place solely for those who are experts at coyote/varmint hunting to come and expound upon there chosen hobby ?

I'f I'm supposed to do nothing to add anything to the discussions here,and am only supposed to read,and then read only what the experts type,If I'm to stay,you'll have to provide me with a list of experts.If that's the case, then I'd be better off reading some books and staying away.
Tell me where my place is here,and I'll abide by it.But if you intend for me not to participate and express my own views,as Krusty indicated,then there is no need in me being here at all.

--------------------
One Shot,One Kill.

Posts: 293 | From: West Virginia | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2003 07:06 AM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
VH Can't say I get excited about Latex, but wave some camo silkies in front of me and I just melt. Bwahahahaha.

Cronk. It never even dawned on me to use a hooter for calling coyotes. I can't seem to get any decent sounds when I blow on a hooter 'cause I usually can't quit smiling. Have you been tuning those Creosote howlers again my friend?

Strangest call I have ever used to questionable success was a Kazoo.

[ May 15, 2003, 01:42 PM: Message edited by: Jay Nistetter ]

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2003 07:41 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Now that's a topic for discussion. What have you called in while blowing on a hooter? Rich Cronk, your Freudian is slipping. Remember the stories about J. Edgar Hoover? Please post a picture of one of your owls in a wonder bra.
IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2003 07:46 AM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Higgins, NEVER tell an old guy that anything is slipping. Poor Rich will be looking around for his Freudian all day now. LOL

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2003 08:03 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, everybody's happy......right?
(even "Jay Latex"")

In reply to a question, there is absolutely no hierachy on this Board. All members are free to determine for themselves, just who knows what they are talking about, and who doesn't.

On another subject. I doubt that Quinton would raise an eyebrow at disagreement over ghilly suits. I don't have much use for them either, but could care less, who uses them, or thinks they are great, for anything but military type applications.

Owl hooters? Why didn't I think of that?
(think about it)

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31498 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2003 08:33 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
To Jay Nistetter and Rich Higgins,
Please read that hooter post again. I don't think I said anything about BLOWING on a hooter. A hooter is a SUCTION call, and you guys may be surprised at how much excitement you will enjoy once you try one.

Seldom Ever,
Please forgive us old farts for playing around a little will you? [Smile]

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Seldom Ever
Member # 185

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2003 09:00 AM      Profile for Seldom Ever   Email Seldom Ever         Edit/Delete Post 
never was mad at anyone for playing around,far as I know [Big Grin] ?

Never heard of a owl hooter you sucked on to make it work ? Only hooters I ever sucked on always belonged to one of my wives,snicker-snicker [Razz] [Razz] .What kind of call are you talking about,or are you just pulling my wooden leg [Big Grin] ?

--------------------
One Shot,One Kill.

Jay Nistetter
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2003 09:11 AM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Rich. I get it now. I'm so embarrassed. I've been doing it backerds all this time. You seem to know what you're talking about so bare with me here. Every hooter I ever ran across had a tendency to freeze up quicker than a JC reed. How do I keep that from happening anyway?

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted May 15, 2003 09:26 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Two words: perky

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2003 09:46 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, I like your two words, but Jay is right, they all share that tendency to freeze up, "colder than a witch's hooter"(abridged version).
Jay Nistetter
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2003 10:09 AM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
So Higgins... Are you going to start making a Higgins Hooter Howler now? Can't wait to read your articles on hooter tuning and group hooter howling. No doubt there's a lot to learn but I'll wager that much more is known about coyote vocalization.

I really feel fortunate to have discovered a Board that has experts in this field as well as a guy who makes Duck Howlers.

Leonard,
Were we successful in redirecting this thread yet?

--------------------

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2003 10:50 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Seldom ever,
The owl hooter is a really unusual invention that sounds exactly like an owl. I wouldn't joke around with you about something like THAT, I mean with it being the main voice for a certain call that I know about and all. I field tested it once and I even have a photo of a very pretty owl that I called with it. Just ask Rich Higgins or Jay Nistetter, they saw the photo.

--------------------

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2003 10:53 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Jay,
Can that Higgins hooter be seen at www.higgins hooters.com ????? I can't seem to find the website for em.

--------------------

Seldom Ever
Member # 185

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2003 11:12 AM      Profile for Seldom Ever   Email Seldom Ever         Edit/Delete Post 
You guys are crackin' me up,my poor ol' heart can't stand much more laughin',I'm laughin' so hard right now it's all I can do to type this [Big Grin] [Smile] .

Ya'll are some sick individuals,...I think that's why I like hanging out here [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Jay,if you could bottle that wise-crackin sense of humor,you could sell that stuff for top dollar at homes for the mentally depressed,I kid you not!

Rich,you're right up there with him too,you guys are killin' me.Post a pic of that howler Rich,I've got to see it!!?? Has anybody choked to death on one o' them things yet ?

My second wife had hooters so big,when you sucked on'em they'd wink atcha,but that's another story.... [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
One Shot,One Kill.

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2003 11:30 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Lance H. and I are collaberating on a new howler utilizing his taxidermy skills and my howler experience that is inspired by Jay's motto "Blow a Rhino". We will stretch a coyote rectum over a Cronk Howler and freeze dry it. 100% organic and anatomically correct. We will name the howler "Blow It Outcher A**" and plan to donate #s 1 and 2 to Rich and Jay. We're betting they can't howl on the thing without becoming emotionally involved.
Seldom Ever
Member # 185

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2003 11:33 AM      Profile for Seldom Ever   Email Seldom Ever         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang,I think I just ripped my own sphincter laughin so hard [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
One Shot,One Kill.

Jay Nistetter
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2003 11:48 AM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Rich. It'll help take my mind off that latex thing you started.

I take it you two fellas have 'sperience in stretching coyote parts? My concern is that it takes 2 of you. Team sports just ain't what it used to be.

Lance, How'd you get dragged down to the land of the bottom-dwellers? BTW...Are going to shoot the coyotes first or is that why it takes both of you?

That's odd... Where's Danny?

[ May 15, 2003, 12:07 PM: Message edited by: Jay Nistetter ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2003 12:24 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Leonard,
Were we successful in redirecting this thread yet?

Well, yeah. But, where were you, when we could have used a little help with the 17 caliber saga? Cluck, cluck, cluck. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Jay Nistetter
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2003 12:44 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, To be honest, I have never had issues with the .17. They make a wonderful pidgeon thumpers. I tried one once on a coyote and the bullet bounced back and smacked me so I guess there is some merit when people call them "fur friendly".

--------------------

Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2003 12:49 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm SE it's another day... I have made my apologies and yet you continue to hurl insults at me as I walk away...

I am not a fool... a yahoo... or a liar!!!
I didn't call you any derogatory names, please afford me that same courtesy.

Quote, from my e-mail box:

tobruk@citlink.net
Sun, 27 Apr 2003 06:12:39
Hey Jeff,
It's me,Dick,Seldom Ever, PC Mechanic,whatever,hehehe.
I got the O-rings,muchas gracias.Any chance I could talk you into making me one of those handmade wooden double reed calls, I'm willing to pay ?
Are they hard to learn to use ?
Dick

Sun, 27 Apr 2003 15:37:18
Hi Jeff,
I am off all next week turkey hunting and coyote hunting,most of my time will be spent in the woods.As soon as I can,I'll send you a money order for a screaming cottontail double reed call,ok ? Probably around Friday,or even next Monday,according to what time I get out of the woods each day.
Thanks much,
Dick

Gee dude, that kinda looks like you asked me to make you one, and you were gladly sending the money!
Please don't let this obviously personal issue negatively impact the sales of my products, especially when you have never seen them or heard them used.
I don't come into your place of work, or your community, and try to impact your ability to put groceries on the table... again please afford me these same things?

The mention of the Q thing, or the Rich Higgins thing, was only to bring light to the fact you go telling guys like them "how it is"... and I am not the only one who finds that somewhat offensive.
Niether of these gentlmen needs me to defend them, these were merely examples of how what you say can sometimes be interpreted as insulting (much like the sexual references you are now making, could be).

If having proper respect for those who are
A. my elders
and/or
B. are the elite of this sport
makes me a butt kisser, I am glad to be one (you catch a lot more flies with honey than you do with vinegar).

I never said you weren't welcome or ALLOWED to say whatever stupid stuff you feel like, I merely advised you you were being a little overzealous... adrenaline is a powerful drug... (I have to wonder if you look as crazy yelling at your computer as I do at mine?  - )
And I originally tried in a humorous way, like ribbin' a buddy around a campfire.
You didn't take it that way... I have no control over that.

I still think we are, or can be, friends... I get in spats with my buds  - , and we make up and move on... I hope we all can do that...

Looks like we just had a classic case of "the enthusiastic force up against the overzealous object" (or as Cdog put it "two dumbasses, tryin' to out dubass eachother...  - thanks Cdog  - ).

To answer your question... yes, the status quoe around here pretty much is unless you have something helpful to add, (as a newbie) you and I are best off keeping our mouths shut, and observing... lest guys like Cdog tell us we don't know squat, haven't killed anything, and are somewhat less worthy because of it.
Can't tell you how many times I have had my chops busted here. [Eek!]

I am sorry you won't accept my apologies... it's all I got.  -

Jeff  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2003 01:00 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Jay N wrote----"Thanks Rich. I get it now. I'm so embarrassed. I've been doing it backerds all this time. You seem to know what you're talking about so bare with me here. Every hooter I ever ran across had a tendency to freeze up quicker than a JC reed. How do I keep that from happening anyway?"

Well Jay,
You could try shaving and maybe a little bit of cologne. Hmmmmmmm, nope you would still be too ugly anyway. Sorry I can't help ya right now.
Your friend,
Rich C.

--------------------

Seldom Ever
Member # 185

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2003 01:52 PM      Profile for Seldom Ever   Email Seldom Ever         Edit/Delete Post 
Enough has been said here,I won't contribute anymore.We each see two different sides,so be it.Your check is in the mail,I've said nothing about the functionality of your calls,let's call a truce,you leave me alone,I leave you alone,period.
Let's give everyone a rest.

Rich,Rich H.,Jay,thanks for the chuckles today,they were sorely needed.

Doc says I gotta go for another heart catheterization on Monday,but on the bright side,he won't let me work the weekend either [Big Grin] [Big Grin] .

--------------------
One Shot,One Kill.

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2003 07:46 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Jay, I once tried to grab a coyote by the rectum as he ran by, thus the origin of the phrase "rectum?!?! hell, damn neart killt him!!!"

Anyway, Higgins and I got to talking about this new coyote rectum howler call. We kinda decided on the "Blow it out your a**" as a name, or for the sake of brevity...BIOYA. But then I had me an epiphone! As I cleverly pointed out to Rich, coyotes are canines. Dogs are canines. In the spirit of deductive reasoning, it stand to reason that coyotes like to smell each other's rectums. Right? Well, the beauty of the "BIOYA" is that it doesn't need a reed 'cause you don't blow it. Just hold it up in front of your weak eye and keep your gun up with the scope in front of your good eye, even though you won't need the scope. (You've probably figured out where this is going.) When a coyote comes along, it'll see that pretty, polished coyotee rectum and walk right up to you to get a snootful. That's when you shoot him.

Now, as I read through the many valuable responses that were posted throughout the day, Cronk gave me yet another epiphone. Since just about everyone here likes their calls to make noise, I'm gonna go ahead and put voices in every one of the BIOYA's, but some of them will have the voice reversed. This is because there'll be two models: The E-model (E for "expiratory", or blowing out) and the I-model (I for inspiratory, or as Cronk says, sucking in). From the outside, both models will be identical in every way. To tell for sure which model you have, give it to your hunting buddy and tell him to suck on it. If, after doing so, he coughs, gasps, and say, "This thing tastes like s&#t!", it's an I-model. [Smile]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Seldom Ever
Member # 185

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2003 08:05 PM      Profile for Seldom Ever   Email Seldom Ever         Edit/Delete Post 
You guys have obviously spent a lot of time waiting on yotes and thinking this stuff up....cough,hack...gag

--------------------
One Shot,One Kill.

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters