The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Firearms forum   » Chronograph (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Chronograph
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted September 15, 2006 07:27 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been useing the chrony for years and like Tim B. it can help you fine tune a load or find a good powder, primer combo. Nothing against the 20 cal. but take them out and have them chronographed, you will be surprised. If the vel isn't that badd then shoot it when the temp is 32 degrees or colder, the vel. really drops off.

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5130 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2006 09:31 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Andy,

This ol' thing shoots pretty good, if I am up to the task. If it shoots crappy, it's my fault.

Are you thinking M-1 (30 cal) Carbine?

This thing is WAY more gun than that, lying between a .308 and a 30-06 ballistics wise.

J_hun,

I don't really post anymore, I just (finally) got the photos done, and this is a subject that was sorta stuck in my craw.

Thanks for the well wishes,

Krusty  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2006 11:10 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Yep Krusty, thats what I was thinkin of. Goes to show you how much I know about military rifles. Looked like one to me. Its only been 20yrs or so since Ive seen one in person.

Looks good though. Good on ya.

[Cool]

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters