The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » What's your favorite country song? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: What's your favorite country song?
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2006 09:12 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, so now we are discussing actual talent? Ever heard of Sara Brightman? She can fill a theater and they never get enough.

Damn! Yeah, Marty Robbins, what a talent. (A white Sport Coat, was the first I ever heard)
Roy Orbison(sp) sure had some good ones, but after a while, they all sound the same? Why didn't he ever take off those stupid shades? Say "Johnny Cash" and I immediately think of two songs; Ring of Fire, and Folsom Prison.

I have to tell you folks; my era invented Rock and Roll and we are not too happy with the direction it has taken, the past fifteen or twenty years!

To tell you the truth, I can't listen to anything on the radio anymore besides oldies, and that wears very thin, the way they keep playing the same 100 songs over and over. Radio in the truck has become "Talk Radio" I'm sorry but if I don't have a CD, I don't bother trying to find a station, and no, I don't have satalite...but what I have heard, when driving with others, I like.

I do resent the Commercial Industry using OUR songs to sell products on TV. At least they know where Rock stopped having universal appeal!

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Don kyHOtee
PAKMAN
Member # 786

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2006 01:26 PM      Profile for Don kyHOtee           Edit/Delete Post 
Hank Jr.
"The Last Love Song"

followed by
"If I'd Shot Her Then, I'd Be Out By Now"

Posts: 5 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2006 01:52 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Geesh, Scott, do you even know where half way is?

Fact is, I'm still sitting here trying to get my head around the fact that you watch Oprah enough to have seen those guys. I remember them being on there, but I was just walking thru the house when the wife was watching it. I swear.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Wiley E
Knows what it's all about
Member # 108

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2006 06:59 AM      Profile for Wiley E   Email Wiley E         Edit/Delete Post 
Lance,

Did I say I watched Opera or did I say "Il Devo" was featured on Opera? You have quite an imagination.

What are you doing in the house when Opera is on? Writing about others?

~SH~

Posts: 853 | From: Kadoka, S.D | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2006 07:50 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
She's on, right before Dr Phil on channel 7.

Good hunting. LB

edit: maybe channel 4?

[ January 13, 2006, 07:50 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
scruffy
Knows what it's all about
Member # 725

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2006 09:01 AM      Profile for scruffy           Edit/Delete Post 
The song cornfed by Shannon Brown (an Iowa girl) is growing on me. I can relate to the lyrics having lived in rural Iowa all my life (have a corn field within spitting distance of the house).

later,
scruffy

[ January 13, 2006, 09:03 AM: Message edited by: scruffy ]

--------------------
Git R Done

Posts: 361 | From: south central Iowa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters