The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Rate importance (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Rate importance
TheHuntedOne
Knows what it's all about
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted March 06, 2006 08:47 PM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
Predators 95% interest 95% activity
Turkeys 5% interest 5% activity

--------------------
The On Line Resource For Custom Call Makers

THO Game Calls

Posts: 266 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
keekee
Member # 465

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2006 02:25 AM      Profile for keekee   Author's Homepage   Email keekee         Edit/Delete Post 
Big Game: 5% and 5%

Turkeys: 5% and 5%

Predators 90% and 175% It has taken over my life..lol

Brent

--------------------
Kee's Custom Calls
http://www.keescalls.com

Posts: 295 | From: Southern Ohio | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2006 05:13 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Pretty easy question for me. With no more time than I get to hunt anymore, I still hope it will get better.

Big Game less than 5%. I wouldnt even acknowlege this, except I got two boys that are deer and turkey crazy, so I take them. I dont care if I ever kill another. A moose would be kewl if I could draw sometime.

Upland and Waterfowl 0. I used to bird hunt but lost intrest when birds declined and my dog died. Waterfowl I could care less about.

Varmints 5% I would rate these higher if we had any local to shoot. I really like shooting prarie dogs and groundhogs. But, I gotta drive a ways to do either, so its still down the list.

Predators 90+%. Nuff said.

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
RedRabbit
Member # 796

Icon 1 posted March 14, 2006 07:45 AM      Profile for RedRabbit   Email RedRabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
47/47 big game

6/6 bird

47/47 predator

Although my figures may seem to be a bit strange, not counting the variables. There not! since my big game overlaps my predator hunting, or vice versa it doesn't reflect my intrest, or activity one way or the other, especially when you throw MONSTER MULEY! into equation I shift gears, however my predator hunting has benefited my big game hunting to some extent, if this doesn't makes sense.

To sum it up "my eyes are front too"

Posts: 241 | From: SE IDAHO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted March 14, 2006 08:32 AM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Rating importance is a hard thing. I find nothing funner than hunting coyotes. It is by far my favorite. As far as importance goes, its big-game hands down. Some weeks, my wife and four of the five critters eat 3-5 packages of venison a week. I always get deer but on those years I miss out on elk she really makes me feel like a vegetarian! The meat is very important to this family!

It drives me batty when guys go out big-game hunting and not eat the meat. I went pheasant hunting this year with a buddy of mine. I got up at 4:00 am to make these really yummy deer burger and melted mozzerella cheese burritos with lots of garlic salt and the knuckle-head wouldn't even try a bite all day!!! LOL I think I ate 5-6!

The kids loved it from day one because its all the meat we fed them. My wife was a harder nut to crack. It wasn't until about a couple of years ago when i got really really broke that my wife started using venison as a staple for soups, stews, macaroni dishes and all kinds of really yummy stuff. I love the flavor or deer and elk, so do my wife and kids. But to be perfectly honest, by the time she finishes cooking the meals, you'd never know it was venison! [Smile]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted March 14, 2006 03:05 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Locohead,

We used to do pretty much the same thing. My kids refused to eat "Bambi" But I couldn't afford to buy meat, and Indiana let me kill 5-7 deer a year.

I just ran them all though a meat grinder and we ate Hamburger Helper, with venison instead of beef, 4-5 nights a week.

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters