The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » I hate crusty snow!!! It Sucks. (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: I hate crusty snow!!! It Sucks.
KevinKKaller
Knows what it's all about
Member # 559

Icon 1 posted January 21, 2008 01:40 PM      Profile for KevinKKaller   Author's Homepage   Email KevinKKaller         Edit/Delete Post 
I made it home from Nav about midnight last night. The snow was crunchy man it was bad!
We found some great country BIG OPEN!
in 1 1/2 days of hunting we sow or called 34 coyotes. We got busted on most of our stands the coyotes would start in we would wach thim rool in from a mile or more away. we had a slight breeze both days but always changing. 1 set we had 9 coyotes coming to the call wind changed and thay hung up No rang finder with us on the second stand of the day. as thay started to leave I gesed the distance at 350 yards so I barked the leed dog to a stop broad side I shot and missed My 35 grn Berger sent up a puff of snof at its feet. I missed judged the distence terably!LOL It was still a fantastic 10 min. waching the coyotes coming acros the flat.

Matt and I did not place in the hunt to many screwups manly we wear not carying guns that would ancor dogs at 400 plus yards we hit many rolled them but then thay would get up and run like Heck Next year I will be carying a 240 weth. or a 6-284 to get the job done.
Matt and I did kill the larjest femail so we made back our intry fee and side bet money
I got to hunt with a new and vary good hunter that I think we will be doing a lot more hunting together
I dont live vary far from Nav and I will be hunting it some more in the futcher Learned a lot about the country so next year we will be abole to avoid a lot of the little things that we dident know the first time around

Good Hunting Kevin

--------------------
Maker of K-Kalls

Posts: 126 | From: Idaho | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted January 21, 2008 06:52 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
AHHH that snow!

How cool to see 9 coyotes come to a stand. Sounds like a great time Kevin! I'd love to hunt Nevada sometime. Beautiful country!!! [Smile]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
RedRabbit
Member # 796

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2008 06:01 PM      Profile for RedRabbit   Email RedRabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Im with 3 toes on the cross country skies they would be a little quieter and if you can keep from bangin things around I think you would do better than snow shoes.

I have a pair of MSR Evo Accends snow shoes and I can create alot of racket when Im trying not to so the X country skies are going to be my bet atleast getting me from point A to B better....

Posts: 241 | From: SE IDAHO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
RedRabbit
Member # 796

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2008 06:09 PM      Profile for RedRabbit   Email RedRabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
OOOPS! heres a tip wait till it snows a light powder on top of the loud frozen layer below. It helps a bit to quiet your steps. I move like a sloth when I get close and 500 yrds is close...
Posts: 241 | From: SE IDAHO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters