The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Attention: All Hunting DVD Makers (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Attention: All Hunting DVD Makers
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2010 02:43 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Now, that knife cuts clean to the bone!!!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2010 03:03 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
TA17 if you watch the first guy in the clip it will give you an idea of how a lot of guys view you.
LOL..

Yes i do promote products that work well for me, but the difference between me and some prostaff guy is i buy all the products i use and no one is paying me to say how well it works...If a product is reliable and holds up and does what its suppose to do then i will pass this information on free of charge.. Does that make me bad???

If you would like you could ask some of the Mod's on P.M. how i stand on products pushed by Pro-staff...

[ April 10, 2010, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5063 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 8 posted April 10, 2010 03:37 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, everybody. Let's all ask the Mods on PM.

Tim, do you know what a worthless suggestion you just made? Who gives a shit what any of those dinks think, about anything?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Knows what it's all about
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2010 03:47 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
As far as DVD's go, the fist pumping, chest pounding and jumping around after the kill really get to me. If it was the guys first kill I could understand it maybe, but not the guys who call themselves professionals. Then again, they have to be part actor too, so that goes with the territory I'd imagine.

Tim,
If you want to help people, why are you so tight lipped about what sounds you like to use while hunting? Let's hear what your suggested top WT Coyote Vocals are. Thanks. [Big Grin]

Posts: 857 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2010 03:53 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
They are all good at some point in time, you of all people should know that if you spent anytime in the field useing them..

--------------------

TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2010 04:08 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
They're not all good Tim, quit fooling yourself or get all of them and then report back. Do you forget that where I live there is a high wolf factor that keeps the coyotes less vocal than your neck of the woods or S.D.? I've used them and had zero takers. Snowshoe and Cottontail have worked though. So what have been your top 4 WT coyote vocal sounds Tim? Calling Martz is out of the question too, so don't even recommend it.

[Smile]

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2010 04:16 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I've used them and had zero takers.
Now thats youre problem is'nt it... [Wink]

I've been hunting with a guy that has had a WT for a long time and he made the same claim that only a few sounds worked for him.. Also found out he was'nt very patient when calling..

[ April 10, 2010, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------

TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2010 07:54 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
It's not a problem, I just try out the vocals every so often to see what'll happen. So, I should stick to 360º spins with the caller held over my head and then lay prone on the hills right? 17 cal over any other too I'd imagine? Thanks, but no thanks for the pointers. And you taught the guy with the WT how to use it correctly???? [Roll Eyes]
TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2010 09:09 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
So, I should stick to 360º spins with the caller held over my head and then lay prone on the hills right? 17 cal over any other too I'd imagine? Thanks, but no thanks for the pointers. And you taught the guy with the WT how to use it correctly????
You can call any way you like I don't care. Youre welcome but i was'nt giveing you any pointers. The answer is no to the last remark, he will have to figure it out himself... [Wink]

Youre a little confused on what i do with my E-caller and why. I only move it from side to side and not the full 360 degrees. If I'm set up on a side hill to a drainage that fans out then i will call out in front of me and off to both sides of the drainage, you can cover more ground this way.. If you would of seen my last couple of vidios you would have noticed the coyotes came from off to one side and not straight in till they got a few 100 yards out and then proceded to move straight in to the source of the sound.. I've proved it works and it has'nt cost me any missed coyotes. Can you prove it dose'nt work???

[ April 10, 2010, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------

TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2010 11:05 AM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
I must've missed your last videos, is the DVD coming out soon? There are no 100% variables in this game, do what works for you and I'll stick with what works for me. Thanks for the pointers and great videos Tim, keep them coming. [Cool]

Edit to add:
Tim, why would you go out hunting with a guy and not help him out? Did you blind-fold him too? [Roll Eyes]

[ April 11, 2010, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: TundraWookie ]

Kelly Jackson
SECOND PLACE/GARTH BROOKS LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted April 12, 2010 07:13 AM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
I have hunted a few days with Fred and got to watch him kill three on one stand.

It was a hoot and his excitement is real.

Kelly

[ April 12, 2010, 07:15 AM: Message edited by: Kelly Jackson ]

Posts: 997 | From: Comanche OK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 12, 2010 11:13 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Fred who?

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Jackson
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted April 12, 2010 11:36 AM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
knockemdown - aka Fred from NY. Came to Okie land in Feb. He got to shoot a few coyotes and I popped a black coyote while he was here.

Kelly

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted April 12, 2010 11:54 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
"knockemdown - aka Fred from NY. Came to Okie land in Feb. He got to shoot a few coyotes and I popped a black coyote while he was here."
----------------------------------------
So Kelly, did you guys do a lot of jumping up and down while screaming for joy? [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Jackson
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted April 12, 2010 11:59 AM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
I smiled pretty big Rich. Fred had to put a few rocks in his pockets to keep from floating off.

It was fun and I was glad to be there.

Stay after them
Kelly

edit to say, we did have a cigar after that stand...lol

[ April 12, 2010, 12:00 PM: Message edited by: Kelly Jackson ]

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted April 12, 2010 12:15 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Kinda feelin' deja vu here, but this past season, my new gunner, Kevin, killed more coyotes than he's ever killed in his nearly twenty years of calling coyotes while sitting stands with me. He's no newcomer to this game, but he sure does like killing coyotes. There was never any yelling and hugging and jumping around, but more than once, we sure as hell shared a fist bump and an attaboy - him to me for setting him up right and putting the coyote in front of him, and me to him for a good shot. Hell, that boy backed me up when I hit one too far back at about 240 going left to right and got out of sight before I could shoot again. He lined up - with a .223, if I'm lyin', I'm dyin' - and hit it in the ass going away at 426 lasered yards well enough to anchor it until I could run it down.

Now, honest, doesn't a bit of teamwork like that deserve a "job well done" and a pat on the back? Hell, we both mightta even chuckled a little bit.

Earlier that morning, we were working a scattergun only set up, and he didn't have a gun, so I did the calling. About a few minutes into things, Kevin whispers to me from behind me, "here they come!" and I turn to see two coyotes racing to the caller. One flares off to my left and the other comes right to the caller. I shoulder my Mossy and hit him square on at about 35 yards, rolling him up. He jumps up and runs off. I rolled him again at about 50. Tried to keep him down and realized I was out of shells. I started palming shells into the action one at a time from the sling and proceeded to roll that coyote twice more at about 75 and again at about 90 yards. Not enough of a hit to put him in the dirt, but enough to slow him waaaaaayyyyy down. By the time he hit the century mark, I was up, on both feet and told Kevin to get the caller because I was gonna run him down. Which I did, mind you. When I got him dragged to where Kevin was, Kevin was just laughing. He said he didn't know which was funnier... watching me shoot like that or watching me run.

Personally, all the post roll crap and fist pumping/ whispering stuff is amateur to me, too, but if it's a good shot, a great stand, or just plain funnier than hell, there sure ain't nothing wrong with backslapping and snickering a bit. It's fun to hunt with someone for whom hunting is still fun.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted April 12, 2010 12:15 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
"It was fun and I was glad to be there."
--------------------------------------
Ain't that the gosh awful truth? I'm still not sure iffen I would rather call coyotes or eat. I enjoy the heck out of both. [Smile]

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
ursus21
2nd place, John Denver lookalike Contest
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted April 12, 2010 12:54 PM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know about the whole dancing thing. I've only done that once but it was over a big non typical whitetail and I couldn't help myself. I was excited beyond description. However coyotes do light my fire and I will grant a hand shake or a high five now and then. Not every time mind you, but when circumstances deem it the natural thing to do, I will.
Posts: 780 | From: Montana | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted April 12, 2010 01:12 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm all for guys getting excited, handshaking and high fiving it when the times call for it. Even a field dance would be merited for certain circumstances. Every kill on a DVD isn't it though in my mind. [Smile]
ursus21
2nd place, John Denver lookalike Contest
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted April 12, 2010 02:12 PM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
TundraWookie you said: "Even a field dance would be merited for certain circumstances. Every kill on a DVD isn't it though in my mind."

I couldn't agree more. Some of those idjits are ripe for a smack upside the head.

Posts: 780 | From: Montana | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Possumal
HONORARY CALLS FORUM MODERATOR edit: AND TOKEN LIBERAL
Member # 823

Icon 1 posted April 12, 2010 02:20 PM      Profile for Possumal   Author's Homepage   Email Possumal         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe I enjoy calling them in for my grandsons or newbies best of all. Seeing either one connect on a big old coyote really floats my boat.

As for Rich having trouble figuring out whether he'd rather call coyotes or eat, I can understand that fully. Mary is one great cook and can kinda spoil a feller quick.

--------------------
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Posts: 781 | From: Nicholasville, Ky. | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bopeye
PLATINUM MEMBER
Member # 907

Icon 1 posted April 12, 2010 04:23 PM      Profile for Bopeye           Edit/Delete Post 
Must be off season because we are running out of shit to talk about. I usually get so excited that the adrenaline hits my stomach and I puke. Damn sure do. I have done that for years. The day I quit getting excited I will say to hell with it and take up bowling or something.
I don't hoop and holler, but my adrenaline get's to pumping.
I use to puke before a football game or a powerlift too. Not sure what causes it, but I know I've had a good time when I lose my breakfast. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Predator Masters, where all the good coyote hunters have already left.

www.easterncoyotes.com

Posts: 58 | From: East Tennessee | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted April 12, 2010 04:56 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I believe I enjoy calling them in for my grandsons or newbies best of all. Seeing either one connect on a big old coyote really floats my boat.

There you go, Al. Spot on. I used to hunt alone 90% of the time. In recent years, I've come to enjoy the company. If I can get them to sit still long enough, I can put coyotes within twenty yards to twenty feet of most guys early in the year and the only thing funner than doing that is watching the rush they experience afterwards.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
coyote whacker
Member # 639

Icon 1 posted April 12, 2010 06:01 PM      Profile for coyote whacker           Edit/Delete Post 
This market is passed saturated nothin but someone new with a new shoot/kill video mainly filmed in areas of high coyote density's and very little on coyote behavior and why those coyotes are found in those locations at those times of year.

More emphasis on pre locating and stand selection and the such would be much better IMO.

--------------------
This is done on my time and my dime. My views may differ from those of others!

Posts: 376 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted April 13, 2010 08:21 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't killed so many coyotes that I am desensitized by the adrenaline. Every coyote I shoot is a thrill and they always get the heart pumping. The rush I got as a kid is long gone when I shoot doves and pheasants and such. But not coyotes. Every one is treat! [Smile]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters