The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Advice on WT Sounds (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: Advice on WT Sounds
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2009 10:28 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 

[ September 27, 2009, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: Andy L ]

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
coyote whacker
Knows what it's all about
Member # 639

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2009 11:03 AM      Profile for coyote whacker           Edit/Delete Post 
andy what is your point with calling people F bombs? You have right to use what you will and others have that same right!

As far as calling I do quite alittle up early and often.

Bill is just a hard guy to get along with unless you follow his montra to the "T". Then your best buds nothing wrong with being free thinkers and know the differances between hype and facts, just that simple.

Bill can run his business anyway he see fits,he owns it so whatever, problem is he turns off many people from a buying a caller that is a fact. If you had that demeanor in any retail sales job how long would anyone last? Don't care selling cars,guns,shoes,clothing etc,etc.

A small % of people I think like to be treated that way and that is where his market nich is. The majority don't. I talk from first hand knowledge and I'm an easy guy to get along with, but don't care for the attitude. So my business goes elsewhere.

[ September 25, 2009, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: coyote whacker ]

--------------------
This is done on my time and my dime. My views may differ from those of others!

Posts: 376 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2009 11:17 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 

[ September 27, 2009, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: Andy L ]

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2009 12:13 PM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
MI VTHTR writes, speaking of Bill Martz -

quote:
then starts with the name calling.
and then MI VTHTR - in the same post calls those who like the WT

quote:
his lackeys --- bms mindless minions, aka bUmms
Then you post a picture of your FoxPro which is using the same kind of speaker that the WT has been using for some time now, in one version or another...

So, please forgive me if I think your credibility is NIL.

PossumAl hasn't had any credibility since he and his buddy laid waste to 12 coyotes in one night on one stand and never recovered any of them....so I just skip over his mindless ramblings....

Tundra -

Specs are for guys who don't hunt. Specs dont kill coyotes, dont call coyotes, and dont mean shit in the woods. All you have to do is listen to the two callers side by side.

Honestly, if you are sitting out there and worried that your caller is only playing x amount of bits or whatever when it should be playing a different amount - go home. You're mind isn't where it should be anyways.

[ September 25, 2009, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: TheHuntedOne ]

--------------------
The On Line Resource For Custom Call Makers

THO Game Calls

Posts: 266 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2009 01:05 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
THO,
Seems awful important to plaster all the supposed specs on the website though, and try to use claims based on those specs to bash others. I know the WT's sound good, that's not the point. Lying to pump the product with false claims, or shady claims is just bogus to customers. So what if the caller is 16bit 32kHz? They sound good, why make them out to be something they're not. I'll tell you why...because he has to sell them, and any edge he can get, be it lying or not will be used to sell them. What's even more amazing to me is that people will try to defend it. They'd sell themselves if he'd step out of the picture and stick to just recording sounds to add to that 1982 library. Somebody tell me why the Mighty Atom is better than the prior model again?

Andy L,
Sorry this post went in a direction you never intended. That seems to happen every time Martz gets online and says something. Your friend should ask WT why the new model is so much better than the old KAS-2030MS model. WT Specs to Specs shows the old model being a better sounding unit....PERIOD! Anyways, if your buddy has any questions on the sounds, he can get in touch with me. I have many WT pieces of literature with old sound libraries listed with many sounds removed from the current list, in case there's a sound he's searching for. There were 2 Porcupines at one time, what happened to the other one (renamed, never existed, not popular and deleted)?

Posts: 857 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Possumal
HONORARY CALLS FORUM MODERATOR edit: AND TOKEN LIBERAL
Member # 823

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2009 01:27 PM      Profile for Possumal   Author's Homepage   Email Possumal         Edit/Delete Post 
Andy L, I too am sorry that your questions turned into something a bit more detailed. I don't know you and you don't know me, as far as I know, but you and I have an entirely different view on what constitutes BS. Just imagine, if you will, how you would feel if you made a personal recommendation to a friend to buy a particular item, any item. When your friend takes your advice, he doesn't get what he ordered, and then the seller wouldn't honor the money back guarantee. He even gets an entirely different product than the one recommended to him with entirely different set up and features. In this particular case, we happen to be discussing ecallers. See how you think you would feel if your friend took the matter to court to try to force the business owner to do what he guaranteed to do, both on his website and over the telephone when your friend placed the order. See if you think the following result is indicative of BS on my part:

-

--------------------
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Posts: 781 | From: Nicholasville, Ky. | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
MI VHNTR
I'm not shaving 'til Obama's gone!
Member # 3370

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2009 01:35 PM      Profile for MI VHNTR   Email MI VHNTR         Edit/Delete Post 
tho, according to wt, the TOA is, oops was, the be-all end-all as far as speakers go. The mini atom does not use the TOA speaker and wt is going to discontinue models using the TOA, so what's your point?

You posted a picture of your FP speaker in order to attempt to slam FP. It's kind of silly on your part because there's an online test showing just exactly how good the speakers are. I posted a picture of my FP speaker, which is a current model, in order to show that there are different models of FP out there to choose from. Sorry if it got your panties in a bunch.

Again, why doesn't bm answer questions about the claims that he makes? You seem so set on carrying the torch for him, perhaps you can be his mouthpiece since he won't answer any questions. Of course, if you need his assistance and guidance, can you please obtain it so that we can all be as enlightened as you are. After all, you'll just be helping out a another fellow from NH. [Wink] MI VHNTR

Edited to add a smiley face.

[ September 25, 2009, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: MI VHNTR ]

--------------------
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon

Posts: 394 | From: MI | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2009 03:16 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Just my opinion, but I wouldn't buy any e-call, no matter who made it, when it comes to a brand new model. Jesus himself could have soldered the wires together on a new model and I still wouldn't want any part of it if I'm spending my own hard-earned money, which I always am. I'll let somebody else be the guinea pig and figure out that the battery cover, button layout, and remote range is poorly designed or lacking.

Give'em (any ecall manufacturer)six months to a year to get the bugs worked out of a new model and to also see if the new model sinks or floats. By then there should be a number of used units hitting the classifieds and you can save some serious cash because some guy tried the "new improved model" 3 times, called nothing in, and decided the recliner and the NFL are much better.

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bill Martz
Member # 378

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2009 04:11 PM      Profile for Bill Martz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Martz         Edit/Delete Post 
MI VHNTR

"One more thing, I took a picture of my FoxPro speaker today. Here it is next to a U.S. 1 dollar bill, which was also Made in USA."

The speaker is made in the far East, the antenna is made in Taiwan, the circuit board components are made in China, Korea and Taiwan.

Now you can understand why I think you are a moron.

PS: After looking at the picture you posted of the dollar bill and the foxpro on the table, I noticed that you actually have chairs in your house so I will upgrade you from moron to imbecile.

Bill Martz

[ September 25, 2009, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: Bill Martz ]

--------------------
Bill Martz
www.wildlifetech.com

Posts: 96 | From: NH | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bill Martz
Member # 378

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2009 04:15 PM      Profile for Bill Martz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Martz         Edit/Delete Post 
Possumal

You'r still stupid and that will never change. Good Luck

Bill Martz

--------------------
Bill Martz
www.wildlifetech.com

Bill Martz
Member # 378

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2009 04:22 PM      Profile for Bill Martz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Martz         Edit/Delete Post 
TundraWookie

What are you doing posting on a Friday night. I would have thought you would be out whooping it up.

Bill Martz

--------------------
Bill Martz
www.wildlifetech.com

Randy Roede
"It's Roede, like in Yotie
Member # 1273

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2009 04:43 PM      Profile for Randy Roede   Email Randy Roede         Edit/Delete Post 
Everyone on here knows that WT has been the research and developement for Fox Pro, from recording sounds to now making a caller that is nothing more than a WT wannabee!!

If I were WT and had this clone show up I'd be a helluva lot madder than Bill is. That in itself shows some true colors.

Anyone who keeps talking about themselves as some silly cartoon character, third person BS,should just keep still before it all comes back at him.

What I know is WT has had the best volume and the best sounds for years and years. Stop trying to pack my a-- with this 24 being something new and different.

I thought FP had it's own website to try and figure out who's the greatest.

But since I try to find a bit of humor everyday because life is to short to be pissed, I have taken Bill's words to heart and I am just, "SMILIN AND WAVIN"

-

--------------------
The only person dumber than the village idiot is the person who argues with him!

Posts: 669 | From: Pierre SD | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2009 04:47 PM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
MI VHNTR

What Bill said

(Sheesh - two post and I am a bum, a minion, and am now carrying a torch.

I think I'm to busy to respond any more)

--------------------
The On Line Resource For Custom Call Makers

THO Game Calls

Posts: 266 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2009 04:56 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
William,
You really shouldn't call people stupid when it's you that publishes things that turn out to be lies, making you look like the king of stupid. If anything you should just tell everybody you lied and move on, as I've said before. Don't worry about FoxPro, they're bigger, better, and more friendly. Focus on what you do good and just leave it at that. Record cowboy songs from "Out West" and stay in your den listening to them.
Not sure what your idea of "whooping it up" is Bill. Is that a local NH term for getting drunk and making small animals talk into microphones? Must not be selling alot of those ATOMS yet if you have time to name call on here.
Quick legitimate question Bill: Why does a customer need a shoulder strap for that Plastic (ABS) cased Mighty Atom? Maybe you should've stuck with the built in stainless handled TOA with better frequency response and less weight.

Customers are still waiting to hear why your ATOM's 300hz-10.5kHza speaker has a better frequency response. Also, the operation temperature of the ATOM is only -20!!! Count most of Alaska out on that one, it won't work up here during calling season.

Bill,
Don't you want to make that bet with me on your MP3 caller, or sound library shenanigans (duplicate sounds, edits...etc)? I'll give you million to 1 odds too if you're feeling lucky.

Let me remind you about "some" of your lies again, just in case you forgot:

-You made callers touted as "CD Quality" but they weren't.
-Your KAS-2030MS models were touted as 24bit/48kHz, and they weren't.
-You claim you don't edit your sounds and they're the way the animals made them, and they aren't.
-Analog or digital original recordings. You're still trying to figure it out.
-KAS2030MS "3-5 times louder than any known caller" and it wasn't.

You're more than willing to correct any of those lies if you'd like and I'll delete them from the list. Maybe you should go back to Germany and hang out at that brewery you have on your website and "whoop it up", since you seem to want to act like a drunk high-schooler. Call me anytime Bill and we can iron it out.

Just smile and wave boy(Martz), this is just too easy.

Randy Roede
"It's Roede, like in Yotie
Member # 1273

Icon 6 posted September 25, 2009 04:59 PM      Profile for Randy Roede   Email Randy Roede         Edit/Delete Post 
Andy, tried to PM ya, couldn't, something about LB havin a flood!! PM me and I will give ya some favorites of mine.

--------------------
The only person dumber than the village idiot is the person who argues with him!

Posts: 669 | From: Pierre SD | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2009 05:02 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Randy,
I'd be mad too if I was Bill. He brought that one on himself 100% though. If you want the Texas Pred. Posse forum post that started it, send me an email and I'll forward it to you. He wanted to spout off at the mouth and FoxPro called his bluff, plain and simple.

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2009 05:50 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Randy Roede,
The Foxpro CS-24 looks like a WT and uses the same speaker, but that is where the similarity ends. The signal hopping technology that is used in the guts of a CS-24 is altogether different. You probably already knew that, but to say that the CS-24 is a copy or "clone" of a WT2030-MS is simply not true.

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
MI VHNTR
I'm not shaving 'til Obama's gone!
Member # 3370

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2009 06:30 PM      Profile for MI VHNTR   Email MI VHNTR         Edit/Delete Post 
Quote from September 24, 2009 03:31 PM:

"To MI VHNTR:
This is the last time I will respond to your postings.
Bill Martz"

Quote from September 25, 2009 04:11 PM:
MI VHNTR

"One more thing, I took a picture of my FoxPro speaker today. Here it is next to a U.S. 1 dollar bill, which was also Made in USA."

The speaker is made in the far East, the antenna is made in Taiwan, the circuit board components are made in China, Korea and Taiwan.

Now you can understand why I think you are a moron.

Bill Martz
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, well, bm got caught "misleading" people again. You told everyone that you would not respond to my post yesterday. I called BS. Oh well, that was yesterday, right?

There are parts in the FP that are from foreign sources. A stellar observation on your part Captain Obvious. You are a veritable fountain of knowledge.

The miniscule atom must not be selling too well since the FP CS-24 became available. You must have a lot of free time on your hands so you are skulking around the internet.

C'mon, bm answer the questions put to you, but do it truthfully this time. That is if you can actually tell the truth. MI VHNTR

tho, if you feel that it applies to you, sobeit. It's very apparent where your loyalties lie.

--------------------
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon

Posts: 394 | From: MI | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2009 06:32 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
RANDY, Amigo.

PM is a feature not available on Huntmasters because it has been frequently abused in the past by message forum administrator types, like over at Predator Masters and the Okie Board. I won't allow private messages for that very reason, so you know, and be advised that any communication between members should be via email and be assured that it is completely confidential.

That's also why member email is a display option despite the risk of my membership rolls being (frequently) mined by other startup board operators.

No matter what else you can say about HM, (or me) we run an honest house.

Good hunting. LB

edit: short version, ask Andy for his email address.

[ September 25, 2009, 06:36 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bill Martz
Member # 378

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2009 06:53 PM      Profile for Bill Martz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Martz         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich:

"The signal hopping technology that is used in the guts of a CS-24 is altogether different. You probably already knew that."

Different from what? The only reason foxpro implemented the 900Mhz band in their products was
because they did a poor job of designing the 418Mhz system they used up to this point and at the same time created many unhappy customers. Mr. Mikey Dillon said "we know more about 418Mhz then anybody in this industry". Well if that's the case, why does our 418Mhz system blow the doors off of theirs? Our design doesn't even use an external antenna. That's like tying one arm behind your back and starting a fight. The only reason foxpro went to the 900Mhz band was because that frequency is allowed to transmit with more power so even if they would create a poor design it would still be better then their previous 418Mhz design. They also needed to use a transceiver so the data from the receiver could be sent back to the transmitter lcd screen so the dumb hunter would know what sound is playing. If they were a little smarter coding software they wouldn't have to have done that. By the way, the 900Mhz band is allowed to use at least 30 times more power then the 418Mhz band. But why is it that our 418Mhz design is as good as their 900Mhz design as far as range? And also our system processes the data much faster. When we tested their 900Mhz transmitter in mixed forrest conditions, our transmitted communicated better then the foxpro's and you only need 1 hand to use our transmitter. Not 2 hands like you need with foxpro's transmitter. The tests will be upcoming on our website.

"but to say that the CS-24 is a copy or "clone" of a WT2030-MS is simply not true."

All I can say is that we must be putting a hurtin on them. This is for some of you knotheads out there. If their CS-24 is such a great product, why is it only a custom order and not their mainstream flagship model?

Peter Marvin:

Why don't you get yourself a pair of glasses and a brain transplant. You might do a little better with reading comprehension. At least 50,000 people have read the foxpro info on our website and only you, possum and MIVarmit can't understand it.

Bill Martz

[ September 25, 2009, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: Bill Martz ]

--------------------
Bill Martz
www.wildlifetech.com

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2009 07:03 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
blow the whistle, another player has entered the game.

This is deja Vu all over again: http://www.huntmastersbbs.com/cgi/cgi-ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000304;p=1

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
George Ackley
Member # 898

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2009 07:24 PM      Profile for George Ackley   Email George Ackley         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I love it when the FoxPro mafia crawls out of the woodwork and attacks. Do you guys get paid by the word or just the gesture
that right there is some funny chit Dan lol

Glenn Guess is tops in my book [Big Grin]

[ September 25, 2009, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: George Ackley ]

Posts: 465 | From: PHILA . PA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2009 08:07 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
why is FoxPro touting the 24 bit capability of their latest wildlife callers when neither the speakers they employ, or the electronic circuitry they design can't accurately produce 24 bit sound?
Well if this is true then F-P is lieing.. [Mad] LOL

According to my sources Bill is right about Al he is a stupid-son-of-a-bitch. [Razz]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5063 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2009 08:37 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Bill Martz,
Only you think you're pulling the wool over everyone's eyes. Is this what everybody should get after seeing and reading your website:

Wow, that Mighty Atom is the best "potential" 24bit/96kHz, 3-5 times as loud caller ever built in the world, with the best frequency response and killer design?

Or are we supposed to see the videos and verbiage and think that 24bit/96kHz quality game callers are irrelevant because no system/speaker within customers realistic price range will ever do the sounds justice? You're the techno guy who has for years always wanted to use specifications and technical jargon to "Wow" people. Are you supposed to be "Wowing" us now, back-stepping your past lies?

Again Bill, why is this model better than the KAS-2030MS?

Your new "long range remote" is somewhat of a joke, when compared to your old FRS radio remote, isn't it Bill? I thought you would've pulled out one of your what, 6 or 8 pre-certified FCC FRS remotes that you have just waiting to unload? Crummy downgrade when your new "long range remote" is measured in yards whereas your old one was measured in miles.

Bill,
If you're so proud of your new Mighty Atom, send me a test unit to run through some paces against some of the competitors. I'll give your caller a fair shake, I have nothing against your callers, just you (the liar). As you can see from my past tests, your old remote was on top for range, so I wasn't being biased towards your product. I'd imagine the other manufacturers would be happy to loan me units to test, or I can use my current units. I'll do a -40 test too, to see if your operating temperatures are legit too. I can't believe your Mighty Atom won't operate at -40. That's crazy because FoxPro, Minaska, Western Rivers, and your old callers do. Maybe you could even update your website with some new specs, like lower operating temperatures from my testing. I'll return it to you after I'm done and you can donate it to a charity or something like that, out of the kindness of your heart (if you have one).

Better yet bill...send me an open/programmable Mighty Atom and I'll load a bunch of my 24bit/96kHz sounds on it, recorded with my Sound Devices 722 and Sennheiser MKH60 microphone. Then I can listen to the Pristine sound quality and maybe even play some cowboy songs on it, so I can just sit back smilin' and wavin'. It doesn't matter if your product won't do the 24bit sounds justice, will it play them is the question?

Call me and I'll tell you the address to ship to. I'll keep everybody posted on what a nice guy you are on the phone too. Or email me and we can do it that way if you're afraid to talk to somebody who tends to outsmart you on a daily basis.

Still want to take that bet on the MP3 "CD Quality" Wildlife Technologies caller? I'd hate to take

TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2009 08:56 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If you're so proud of your new Mighty Atom, send me a test unit to run through some paces against some of the competitors.
For someone that only kills a few coyotes a year what makes you Qualified to do any testing???
Second; Why would Bill send you one of his units, he dose'nt have to prove anything.. Bills products speak for themselves.... [Big Grin]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5063 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters