The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Persistance Pays.... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Persistance Pays....
varmit hunter
Knows what it's all about
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted August 05, 2004 10:46 AM      Profile for varmit hunter   Email varmit hunter         Edit/Delete Post 
I sit in total amazement at the way Mr. Klimber works this board.

It is like a grand master caller calling in a entire pack of alpha males. First the curiosity call. "" A Lion came walking in". " That's all I have to say about that".

Now all the noses are in the air, And heads are turning. A few start to approach the stand. Now the pack has slowed down. Out comes the Red caller. Now hackles are starting to raise.

A few more notes from the Red caller, And wham. Now we have teeth baring, And a hell of a lot of barking going on.

He even managed to stir up DAA. Whom I consider the real Cool Hand Luke.

He manages to do it every time he makes a stand on this board. Mr. Klimber if you used these skills in the woods. It would take four Seal teams to keep the animals off of you.

"That is all I have to say about that"

Ronnie

--------------------
Make them pay for the wind.

Posts: 932 | From: Orange,TX | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted August 05, 2004 10:57 AM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
Wise words Varmint Hunter..................

Thats all I have to say about that.

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 14 posted August 05, 2004 11:22 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Ronnie, an astutely analogous observation. [Wink]
Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted August 05, 2004 11:30 AM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Never mind...

Krusty  -

[ August 05, 2004, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: Krustyklimber ]

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 05, 2004 11:40 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You guys are right, I understand the reactions.

You know, both Red and Krusty are green as hell, and liberals, to boot. It "seasons" us, to bear witness to what they have to say, on some subjects. Don't forget, there are a lot of people out there that think like they do, more than think like most of us do.

The type that bothers me more than these two, is such as elpaso dude. I can laugh off Krusty, who doesn't know a whole lot, but then we have those that seem to know a lot about predators, yet are more content to just stir things up, for his personal amusement.

I feel that I'm tolerant of many points of view, depending on the motivation, and if it's genuine. Unfortunately, I don't know exactly where to draw the line.

Do you gentlemen feel that we should limit membership to qualified individuals that can be expected to post comments of value? I admit, I don't know which way to go, but I appreciate respect, and try to provide it, in kind.

I don't want to discourage participation from our valued and knowledgeable "staff", as I consider all of you, to be!

Off line is fine with me, if you would care to share your feelings. If you can spare the time, I'd really like to hear from y'all. If I'm doing something wrong, or can improve the service in some areas, anything at all, please be candid, I can take it. [Smile]

Good hunting. LB

edited for clarity

[ August 05, 2004, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31582 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
John/Alaska
Member # 25

Icon 1 posted August 05, 2004 12:30 PM      Profile for John/Alaska   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting thread!
Posts: 62 | From: Tok Alaska | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Doug
Member # 31

Icon 10 posted August 05, 2004 12:53 PM      Profile for Doug           Edit/Delete Post 
"I sit in total amazement"

LMAO Varmit Hunter! You are the guy who just blurted out what everyone else was thinking. [Wink]

--------------------
My mountain cur thinks I'm God.

Posts: 69 | From: Northern Colorado | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted August 05, 2004 01:00 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Yup. Ronnie nailed this one dead center.

Leonard, since you asked, I suggest you change nothing.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted August 05, 2004 02:07 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with Dave. If someone's just going thru their learning curve and gets a wheel off the track, we're here to help. If they're just trolling, it won't take long to recognize that. I don't think anyone here is too shy to deal with trolls.
Krustyklimber
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted August 05, 2004 03:12 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Ronnie,

I guess my skills are being used well in the woods too, in the last month I have called a bobcat, a bear, three mt goats, a mt lion, and a coyote.

Not too bad if ya asked me.

I never intended to "work the board" with my post, it was good news, and I thought I'd share it.
I figured those who I consider friends on this board knew to find me in the PM chatroom, and we could discuss it there.

If I post a long one Byron bitches me out for being "longwinded, and moronic"... and if I post a short one Ronnie accuses me of "working the board"... sheesh some guys just can't win! LOL [Razz]

Where's Q, and his "witty insults" for me?
I can usually count on him, to kick me when I am down. LOL

Leonard,

There is no way Red and I can both be liberals, if you knew us you'd know that we have wildly opposing views on politics, gun control, and some other issues.

We are definitely two seperate individuals.

I can assure you I never meant to stir anything up, just for the sake of stirring it up, you should know from my e-mails on this subject, that I had no intention of posting... until my brother spoke up, and put us in a defendable position (even if Red picks the fight, I am still gonna fight it to the end with him, win or lose).

I knew the "whole story" was controversial, and that's why I invited you to discuss it in a more private setting.

...I don't know a whole lot?!? Dang, hit a guy with a sucker punch... LMAO
Whatever, you don't know a whole lot about climbing, and I bet neither one of us knows squat about ancient Chinese dialects, or astral physics... knowledge is all relative.
I know a brilliant genetic scientist that can't find her car in a parking lot... so being overly smart in only one area can be a detriment in others.

And it's kinda like the old joke about the hooker and the underly endowed customer... the only one I need to satisfy with my small mind, is ME!

Hunting the hunters of the hunters... I wish coyotes came in on me, like you guys do...
Wait I wasn't ready.... I hadn't even chambered a round, or sat down yet.

Krusty  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted August 05, 2004 04:19 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
On target or not, Ronnie's analogy was still pretty funny. [Big Grin]
Bofire
READ MY LIPS!
Member # 221

Icon 6 posted August 05, 2004 05:03 PM      Profile for Bofire   Author's Homepage   Email Bofire         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard how would you ever decide who to have on the board and not?
When I first heard the story I was a bit shocked but took it as an opportunity to "teach" or at least offer, thats why I talked about the pride thing, and living with your self.
I talked about it off this board too.
Those guys did call a lion, a deed, a mistake or bad judgement after that? I think so.
My two bits and that is the end for me, I Know nothing about manipulating boards or any of that.
Carl

ps. Red I gotta love ya forever, its a caller thing, since I called yer first yote I gotta!!!
LOL

[ August 05, 2004, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: Bofire ]

Posts: 322 | From: Wild West | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 05, 2004 05:35 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Leonard how would you ever decide who to have on the board and not?

Exactly. Which is why having the inexperienced participate flushes some of the expert out of the weeds.

And, of course, Krusty has/had to take it wrong when I said that he doesn't know much. Out of context dude! You are correct, I don't know you, but I know enough to decide, in my own mind that you are not an experienced hunter. That's what I meant, and you know it. Deal with it. I'm finding out that some folks think I favor you! Not the case. You step on toes, they are going to break your leg, so be careful.

And, that's all I got to say about that. [Smile]

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Curt2u
Member # 74

Icon 1 posted August 05, 2004 06:56 PM      Profile for Curt2u   Email Curt2u         Edit/Delete Post 
Uhhh...maybe should have stuck with the tranquilizer rumor? [Wink]
Posts: 236 | From: NW | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Redrider
Member # 79

Icon 1 posted August 05, 2004 07:05 PM      Profile for Redrider   Email Redrider         Edit/Delete Post 
I wasn't looking for validation or approval for anything. I wasn't looking for sympathy or to make friends, have enough allready, thanks. If you don't like the decision I made or don't like me for it, then TOUGH SHIT. Jeeeeeeez, I said it was a mistake and I wouldn't do it next time. What do ya want, blood?

IF you remember why forums exist in the first place it is to discuss things. How is it that "Mr. Klimber" is the one "working the board" when I am the one who told the story, not him. I think my brother KrustyKlimber gets a bad rap most of the time from assholes.

How exactly does a liberal think? Never been called one of those before. Don't really know what one is, why would a moron know anything about politics anyways? Maybe one of you smart, experienced old timers could tell me.

In fact maybe you could personally explain it Leonard. You seem to know quite a bit about how me and my brother think. At least I'm not a Californian. You have some room to talk about S.F. lite.

Rerider.

Posts: 27 | From: seattle | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted August 05, 2004 08:20 PM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, I think as you can see, you seem to have a "self policeing" board. It seems that when something controversial or a troll pops up the membership seems to be able to handle it (with a little help from you occasionally).

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 05, 2004 08:28 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I could explain it to you, Red. But, I won't. Believe me, I'm not getting "on" you guys, don't pick a fight with me. As it happens, I'm rather sensitive about living in the Land of the Fruits and the Nuts. You can blame Bill O'Reilly for the slur, (I just repeated it) but actually, both my sister and my brother live up there. He's right, er; he's probably not far off, in his assessment, okay? I was mildly defending you.....and you're welcome.

Look, you invited the comments. Did you get a lot of "that's okay, we don't blame you, one bit" or did the membership respond as I would have guessed; (?) except nobody actually called you a dumb shit.

So, you have no room to be cross with me or anyone else. You asked for opinion. You got opinion. What, you can't take it? Some say you are highjacking the board. Fat chance. What's going to happen the next time you see an elk a week before the season opens? Will you pot it? Will you whine? Will you seek approval, dispensations? Work the board, perhaps?

It takes a lot to get me riled, you have not reached that point. But, to gain respect of the membership, you guys should be a little more contrite.

AND, that's all I have to say about that.

Good hunting. LB

edit: Red, it is not nice to call other members assholes. You started this crap, and you should be man enough to cowboy up without calling names.

[ August 05, 2004, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Redrider
Member # 79

Icon 1 posted August 05, 2004 09:04 PM      Profile for Redrider   Email Redrider         Edit/Delete Post 
Your right Leonard, I did start the crap. I got what I had coming to me and I can take it like a big boy. And also you should never post right after work when your hot, cranky and tired. I snapped at a couple of folks and that was probably uncalled for under the circumstances. Point well taken. Lessons learned. Two lessons accually, the first is I should have handled it differently from the start, and the second is I shouldn't have blabbed about a stupid mistake in public.

I might not be the smartest and my bro might not be the great white hunter but you'd be lucky to have us as friends, we are good guys at heart and stick buy or friends to the end.

I just didn't understand the whole Liberal thing.

p.s. And that might not be all I have to say about that.

[ August 05, 2004, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: Redrider ]

Posts: 27 | From: seattle | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
brent Saxton
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted August 05, 2004 09:21 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Im glad I stayed out of this! [Eek!]

Kee

IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted August 05, 2004 09:42 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
You guys...

Since when did a gun have a two man trigger that can be pulled from 50 yds away?

I feel really bad about this whole thing... about as "contrite" as I can get.

Never did I respond to being called things, like moron, herpes, liberal, degenerate, etc, with name calling.
I ignored most of those insults, and those who made them, just like you asked.

What would you call a person who calls your house at 1:00 in the morning, to exchange dirty words?
What would you call a person who anonymously sent e-mail threatening to "kick your ass" if you showed up at a site function?
Or how about someone who writes you and tells you they wish you never call in anything?

I'd say A-hole is not too far off.
These are the kind of people I get a bad rap from.
Maybe Red should have said "like assholes" and you'd have let it slide...

My intention was never to hijack the board, or to be a troll... if I had planned it, I would have made a way bigger stink than this... but I am so over making a stink anymore.

God, I hope this is all over now.

Krusty  -

--------------------

Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 10 posted August 05, 2004 10:33 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Krusty,

I can't recall who it was who made the Herpes comment, but you gotta admit, it was funny as hell! [Big Grin]

I personally think your brother's biggest mistake was repeating his story. Some things are best left in the woods.

As for getting your ass kicked at a site function, there are a few of us here talking about getting together this fall. If you show up, I will personally guarantee that no one kicks your ass. In fact I'll be sure you get the best of Tequila ( Vic's stuff ) and the best of food ( Bruce's Atomic Buffalo turds ) and all you can handle of both.

Rich can you imagine the video you'd get with Krusty, Leonard, Danny and Vic all around the campfire with a couple of bottles and a big plate of Atomic buffalo turds?

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Byron South
Member # 213

Icon 1 posted August 06, 2004 05:12 AM      Profile for Byron South   Author's Homepage   Email Byron South         Edit/Delete Post 
Krusty, I have plenty of morons for friends. I'm with Tim, I'll buy you a drink as well. You will have to admit though, you have a way of getting under peoples skin.

quote:
Never did I respond to being called things, like moron, herpes, liberal, degenerate, etc, with name calling.
I ignored most of those insults, and those who made them, just like you asked.

Why do liberals get so defensive when they are called a liberal?

[ August 06, 2004, 05:13 AM: Message edited by: Byron South ]

--------------------
"Coming to the Call" predator hunting videos. Volumes I, II, III and IV. Order two or more and pay no S&H www.comingtothecall.com

Posts: 313 | From: Texas | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted August 06, 2004 05:32 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
"Rich can you imagine the video you'd get with Krusty, Leonard, Danny and Vic all around the campfire with a couple of bottles and a big plate of Atomic buffalo turds?"
Tim, that would be great. We would all get drunk on Vic's tequila and then kick Bruce's Atomic Turds out of Krusty.

IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 06, 2004 09:28 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich, you don't mean it, so why say it? You bad!

Byron's comment is the most provocative: Just why is it, that Liberals object to being labeled, "liberal"?

Really, it's not their fault. <snicker> The educational system we all bought and paid for, brainwashed them. The Media continues the effort every day of their lives. See how it can be rationalized, as to blame? Sadly, they themselves, can't recognize the condition.

So, as a sickness, it's beyond blame, and causes the afflicted to admire false idols, like Slick Willy, Hillary, and John Kerry. See, that's the litmus test. Ask a lib who they are voting for. No brainer.

Polarized country, polarized constituency, no hope, but to keep the addled brains out of power.

And, that's all I have to say about that.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted August 06, 2004 10:02 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Tim, when is that little Atomic Turd, campfire, tequila suckin', ass-kickin' shindig scheduled? I just might be able to drag myself out into the line-of-fire for that one. [Big Grin]

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters