The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Hunting Eastern Coyotes by Day??? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Hunting Eastern Coyotes by Day???
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted September 05, 2006 05:46 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Same thing happens here. Two years ago some hunters from Wisconsion hunted in Minn. and dumped there deer on the way home. One of the hunters must not of been very bright, he left his tag on the dead deer. after questioning with the DNR he could not take the pressure and turned in the whole crew.

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5070 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
CBGC
Knows what it's all about
Member # 643

Icon 1 posted September 06, 2006 04:39 PM      Profile for CBGC   Author's Homepage   Email CBGC         Edit/Delete Post 
melvin
I dont blame the coyotes on the herd reduction just thought it was an interesting clip from the paper. They kill deer. Does it amount to much? I doubt it.

TB
I dont think the guys from PS did their scat grabbing around the roads. Most of those guys love the woods and like to get back in. The ones I have meet dont take shortcuts they are for real, now the PGC on the other hand could be a different story.

--------------------
Save a Deer Shoot a Road Hunter!
http://www.CritterBuster.com

Posts: 46 | From: PA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
IHLAChairman
PAKMAN
Member # 238

Icon 14 posted September 09, 2006 04:41 PM      Profile for IHLAChairman   Author's Homepage   Email IHLAChairman         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the replies. I haven't weighed any since I haven't killed any but they look HUGE! I was judging by a few dogs that I do know the weight of. I have read where they can reach 40-55 pounds around hear and some of the ones I have seen look big.

I can't say they are killing any deer but if they are in my core hunting areas, the deer won't be. I have been wanting to get a few of them to the taxidermist since I've seen some really cool mounts.

Anyone that wants to come hunt them is more than welcome but it'll have to wait until '07 now since I will be in deer and bear hunting mode for the rest of this year.

--------------------
John E. MacEwan
President -
Intl Hunting Land Assoc. Inc.
http://www.hunt4land.org

VP Sales and Marketing -
Save Outdoor Sports LLC
http://www.saveoutdoorsports.com

Posts: 8 | From: Johnstown, PA USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters