The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » bumped coyotes (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: bumped coyotes
TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2010 12:40 PM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
Reading John's post reminded me that one of my local calling partners and I had this "dark thirty" morning "bumped coyote" incident, much like he discribes. The two of us were walking across a flat pasture riddle with prairie dog mounds, planning on setting up at an old farm sted building, only cover around, and we wanted to get there before day light. On the way across the prairie dog town, I spotted a dark object running across our location not far away from us, at first thinking it was a dog, but quickly realizing it was a coyote. We plopped down right there, in the wide open and I started lip squeeking, and through our scopes, we could clearly see the coyote. He came back to within 100 yards of us, only then we could see a 2nd one behind him coming also. We killed both of them, and then started calling and had a third show up, but my partner missed it.
The first one that we spotted, looked black to the naked eye, so again, obvious this coyote could see us, but must not have been exactly sure what it was seeing, because he came to the lip squeek, as well as a another that we didn't see at first.

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
JohnLK
Pro-Staff Great/Michigan Sector
Member # 1978

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2010 01:25 PM      Profile for JohnLK           Edit/Delete Post 
The area I hunt is state and national forest and there is alot of deer. The place I was walking to is a open area about 300yds across.When I got to the edge of the open a coyote ran across to the other side. About the same time I sat down the coyote stopped to look back and I am sure it seen me go down.From the tracks in the snow the coyote was sniffing around a beaver hut when I bumped it. I did a couple of deer bleats and the coyote came back and when it was 180yds from me I stopped it and shot.
Posts: 54 | From: Michigan | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Randy Roede
"It's Roede, like in Yotie
Member # 1273

Icon 1 posted March 28, 2010 09:13 AM      Profile for Randy Roede   Email Randy Roede         Edit/Delete Post 
Shaw, LMAO!!

LB, as soon as I find an answer on one of the other forums for this ? I'll be back much smarter than I am right now!!

Doing a search on Bumped Coyotes!!!

--------------------
The only person dumber than the village idiot is the person who argues with him!

Posts: 669 | From: Pierre SD | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 28, 2010 09:26 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, right! Randy! Bumped coyote = road kill.

edit: now why didn't I think of that? I should have searched PMS for the answer. DUH!

[ March 28, 2010, 09:28 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31463 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
ursus21
2nd place, John Denver lookalike Contest
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted March 31, 2010 04:49 PM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
Now that is some down right funny video right there! I think it should be nominated for video short of the year.
Posts: 780 | From: Montana | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 10 posted March 31, 2010 05:03 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
I got it hand it to ya Randy, I just listened to the TA interview and that was the funniest thing I've heard in a long time!! BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA
Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted March 31, 2010 05:36 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Video short hell, I nominatin him for a Grammy!

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Randy Roede
Member # 1273

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2010 03:44 PM      Profile for Randy Roede   Email Randy Roede         Edit/Delete Post 
Still waiting for some friends of mine to email me back some information on this topic so I can post it as my own.

I think that is how it works???

--------------------
The only person dumber than the village idiot is the person who argues with him!

Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2010 04:34 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Has Tim left the building for good? Did Shaw deliver the final kick to the nuts?

Lets start a pool and see how long it takes for him to come back.

--------------------
Andy

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 9 posted April 01, 2010 07:35 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
He's joined the enemy; Prepro. For how long, nobody knows? Come back, Tim! I gave AR a timeout for what he did. Uncalled for. The least he could have done is change the name? But NOOOOO!

I will not let these so called "friends" monkey pile ya any more. We are fellow Minneesotans and have to stick together!

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2010 08:00 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Well hell, he is a pro. I seen the interview!! Ive seen the signed stock!! By god, hes the only man I know with a signed pred.!

--------------------
Andy

TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2010 09:41 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL Leonard. I'm still around just been a little busy getting gear put away and some fixed up or improved for next season...

As far as AR Shaw I'm sure he had a good laugh.. I thought he was a true friend and expected better from him.. Oh well just another disappointment, no big deal.. Shaw has a few skeletons in his closet but I'm not one to kiss and tell. Thats what canbe expected from a true friend..

As for Roede we may have been friends at one time but he tends to let his big ego control his way of thinking and tends to worry too much of what people think of him or his friends.. Good for him! By the way roede has a few skeletons hanging in his closet as well...

As for Andy what can i say! He is a real work of art.. I guess i would have to put him at the bottom of the pit so to speak.. Like the other thread going on right now about cops.. I hate most cops but bounty hunters are the worst kind. Just a big leech looking to make a buck off of other peoples misfourtunes kinda like our double dipping gov. heads..
Most of the people he deals with proably in most cases don't know what there rights are and I'm sure he takes every advantage of this since he is a leech..LOL
I would like to pick Andy's brain about calling coyotes but for someone that only kills a few every year it would only take a minute to get it all and i most likey would'nt get my .25 worth...

You are right about one thing leonard ursus21 does look like John Denver, was'nt john a fagg by the way???

This willbe my last post on this thread so don't even bother responding..
I'm sure Andy will and i hope he can do me one favor before he does. And thats pull his pants up cause the crack of his ass is showing and i hate that more than a guy running around with chew hanging from his chin [Big Grin]

P.S. One of the main reasons i post here is to help Leonard keep his board active, i hate to see other boards just sit idle. If you can't handle my posts or pic's then don't look, real simple....

[ April 01, 2010, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 6 posted April 01, 2010 10:51 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Kewl, Tim is back!! And in rare form, I might add. you can tell he actually wrote this stuff on his own, because he has no fuckin clue what he is talking about and it shows!!

Now, if he posts something that makes half sense, well, you can bet it has been copied and pasted from somebody else. [Big Grin]

Either way, I love ya Tim. Im glad you just took another gnad shot and come back for more. [Razz] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Andy

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2010 10:52 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Grrr! Quit deleting shit, Tim!

[Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

ursus21
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2010 01:06 PM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
 -
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2010 01:45 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
I wish you had the full body pics. Tim wears his camos tucked inside those knee high boots, kinda like lineman boots, just like Festus and his Texas high topped cowboy boots. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Andy

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2010 02:06 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You mean like Randy Reeves boots? It's a regional thing, I think they call in the swamps? He said he had killed several coyotes that were swimming downwind. Uses a duck call, or a Cronk killer call....same difference. [Wink]

Oh Lord, forgive me for that, and be with those starving pygmies, okay?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

ursus21
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2010 02:19 PM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
Andy the trouble with a full body shot of Timmy is that...well uh...it's a full body shot we have to look at.
Randy Roede
Member # 1273

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2010 05:44 PM      Profile for Randy Roede   Email Randy Roede         Edit/Delete Post 
The old rule is, If someone says it and someone else swears by it , well it's the truth!!

I would luv to call in a bear, wolves, etc. Someday!

--------------------

Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2010 05:52 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
You guys that cruise all these other boards. Has our little Timmy disappeared from the net completely? Or just pissed off at us here?

--------------------
Andy

3 Toes
El Guapo
Member # 1327

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2010 04:50 AM      Profile for 3 Toes           Edit/Delete Post 
He must just be mad at you Andy. Come to think of it since you didn't come bullshit me at the expo, so am I!

http://www.coyotehunter.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1517

--------------------
Violence may not be the best option....
But it is still an option.

Posts: 1034 | From: out yonder | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2010 05:29 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Cal, do you have a new email? I get email returned when I send to you. You must be mad?

--------------------
Andy

ursus21
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2010 06:29 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
Andy L, Little Timmy still lurks on all the boards, but the only one I've seen him post at recently is the NPHA board. I'm sure he reads everything we post, he just can't help himself. You know he might not be mad at all. He claims he's been busy. You know, busy making lots of new friends with that winning personality of his.
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2010 07:21 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't need any friends, especially if they are from Broke-back mountain or some slum hole in Mo. [Big Grin]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
3 Toes
El Guapo
Member # 1327

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2010 07:27 AM      Profile for 3 Toes           Edit/Delete Post 
Andy, I did change e-mail accounts. The new one is caltaylor3@gmail.com

--------------------
Violence may not be the best option....
But it is still an option.

Posts: 1034 | From: out yonder | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters