The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Spring Bear (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Spring Bear
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2010 07:55 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Steve;
Have you done any spring calling with the cub distress sounds??

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Randy Roede
"It's Roede, like in Yotie
Member # 1273

Icon 8 posted April 10, 2010 02:59 PM      Profile for Randy Roede   Email Randy Roede         Edit/Delete Post 
Stringbow your posts stink [Eek!]

--------------------
The only person dumber than the village idiot is the person who argues with him!

Posts: 669 | From: Pierre SD | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2010 03:21 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Randy. I was going to ask him how that shit tastes?

Good huntig. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2010 04:17 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Mayhap a 'Scratch & Sniff' logo on those pictures would be in order. [Razz]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2010 06:11 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Koko, A few falls back, buddy and I were archery elk hunting when we spotted mama bear with two young cubs about 200 downslope from us.

After watching them for a bit, my buddy pulled out a open reed call of some sort and gave his best attempt at a cub-in-distress sound. The cubs immediately went up tree's and the sow came right up the hill.

As she was approaching I dug the camera out of my pack, and at about 30 yards I took a pic. At the sound of the "click" mama let out a loud WOOF and for a second I thought we might have trouble, but she took off back to the cubs and the last we saw of them they were still covering ground a half mile later.

If were blind calling and did not know she had cubs, it would have been real easy to shoot, especially with a rifle, only to find out she was a wet sow.

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2010 06:47 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Lonny;
That is, indeed, one of the problems with the spring season. I could see that also happening using a fawn distress.

The other problem is that there's 6 foot of snow on the road up to the mountain. [Frown]

--------------------

Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2010 09:06 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Koko, at least you got some moisture in the mountains waiting to come out. Up this way, the snowpack is waaay down. We just might burn up this summer.
Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2010 07:30 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
We must have gotten all of your moisture. The 'Talking Barbie Head' on the TeleVision said that we've gotten more rain so far this year than ALL of last year combined. If this keeps up, the day may come when I see more quail while out hunting than I have in my backyard.

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters