The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Had a interesting day (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Had a interesting day
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 03, 2010 07:56 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I knew, a long time ago, that predator hunting popularity HURTS THE SPORT. I have never been real keen on a "the more, the merrier" strategy. Concept, whatever you want to call the surge in popularity.

Give me back the good old days when nobody knew what we were doing, or if they were aware, didn't understand it anyway. Those were the days, my friend, we thought they'd never end.

So, while we ponder exactly why the world needs yet another predator hunting website, I am okay with what we have here, a simple little Board catering to the higher intellect discussing what's better, 223 0r 22-250?

Whatever; says
MR NO AMBITION HIMSELF...... ElBee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31553 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted December 03, 2010 08:24 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Bear in mind that wherw we hunt, things are different than the areas you hunt because, in the past two weeks - with pheasant, archery deer, firearms deer, turkey, duck and goose seasons all open, not to mention trapping, just about anyplace that holds game is seeing people in there at least once a day if not more. All those intrusions really screw with the coyotes.
Youre state is'nt the only state that has all this hunting going on. We just finished up slug season and muzzle loader, goose, and pheasant is still going on. Yep it all really screws with there heads but they learn to adapt to it, some coyote learn how to side step the deer and pheasant hunters in the crp grass and some learn they need to move to higher ground with less cover but yet out of site. One of the reasons a coyote is'nt where you think they are. Sure at nite they move back into the hunting ground and eat there fill then its back to high ground for the day..
Don't know if you have much snow there if any but we have some.. The great thing about snow is it can tell you where coyotes have been and where they are going and also tell you if anyone is in the area hunting or calling them. You can't go anywhere without leaveing a set of tracks and you don't need any CSI training to figure that out..LOL

The day after I shot the coyote mentioned above I was back out in a section that is 1 1/2 x 2 miles square with a creek running through it and a few small wood lots, this section gets hit hard dureing deer season for two weeks. I still went in there and managed to call up a coyote just could'nt get it close enough for a good shot. I know now what this coyotes security level is and will go back and set up accordingly..
Everyone has excuses for why they don't respond and I have only two, they are'nt there or they did'nt hear me... Now lets get to calling.. [Big Grin]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5127 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted December 03, 2010 08:36 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Almost forgot.. I was out calling today and I had one stand I made down along a creek with some crp next to it and heavey plum brush, cover was pretty tight so I wiped the dust off of my Ithica coyote slayer and took it along for just incase a coyote came in on the ice.. I was about 10 minutes into the stand and nothing showed so I tried some "adult pheasant distress" on the WT and these two brave cocks stepped out into the open about 35 yds out.. As you see I will be haveing some smoked pheasant for Christ-mas..LOL http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f208/TA17Rem/IMG_2557.jpg[/IMG]]  -

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 03, 2010 08:44 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You didn't ground sluice them, did ya?

Note: You sure are a handsome devil!

[ December 03, 2010, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31553 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted December 03, 2010 09:04 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
I gave them a sporting chance, at least till I got my gun up from my lapp..
Handsome No! Devil Yes!! [Big Grin]

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters