The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Voice Howl (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Voice Howl
csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted March 25, 2011 05:22 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Mr. Cronk, I can send you another copy of Cool Edit if ya want.
IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted March 25, 2011 06:08 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Smithers,

Yes, we could try that but I don't know if the disk will work in this computer. The original disk you sent me wouldn't work.
Thanks,
Rich

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted March 26, 2011 05:18 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have a Mac? Windows 7 or Vista? My brother has Windows 7 and loaded it on his comp, same disk. I'll see if he has a work around for it or something. Then I can email ya the instructions. Cool Edit is probably way better than Gold Wave. [Smile]
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted March 26, 2011 05:56 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Smithers,

Cool Edit is the best, and also very expensive. It could be that this computer is like some of the DVD players in that it can only read certain types of disks. If you find a disk for Cool Edit that works on my present computer, I will build you a very nice Flagship howler. Even if it DON'T work, I will always remember that you tried. I don't have very many good friends like you, but once I find one I don't forget em. Take Leonard for instance--A real Pin Head at times, but I betcha that if I show up at his house, he will invite me in with a smile. Don't tell him I said that because I don't want his head to swell or anything. EDIT to add that my computer is a Dell and runs windows XP Pro. I ain't smart enough to run a MAC. [Wink]

[ March 26, 2011, 05:59 AM: Message edited by: Rich ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 26, 2011 08:05 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I think you would find hospitality, should you knock on my door. I'm in the book, surprise me.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31487 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted March 26, 2011 08:27 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
I justspoke with my brother and he loaded it onto Windows Vista with no problem. Maybe a different computer brand. I have a Dell with XP Pro on it at work. I'll try and load it Monday and let ya know.
Possumal
HONORARY CALLS FORUM MODERATOR edit: AND TOKEN LIBERAL
Member # 823

Icon 1 posted March 26, 2011 09:13 PM      Profile for Possumal   Author's Homepage   Email Possumal         Edit/Delete Post 
It could be Rich's new computer is 64 bit and if the Cool Edit is 32 bit, it probably won't install. When I switched over to my new computer, which is a 64 bit set up, lots of my old software wouldn't work on it.

--------------------
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Posts: 781 | From: Nicholasville, Ky. | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
BJRemLington7
Knows what it's all about
Member # 3806

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2011 07:02 AM      Profile for BJRemLington7   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
The real secret to getting a waver in your voice when you howl on the inhale. is to start low and go high. Like saying hello. Is an example. Inhale an say huuurllooo. Like.
Posts: 37 | From: Earfth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2011 04:27 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.cronkpredatorcalls.com/sounds/BullShitHowl.wav

--------------------

csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2011 04:43 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Pla it again, Sam! Lol!
fgf4
unknown comic

Icon 14 posted March 27, 2011 10:03 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Now that's a classic!!!!

[Big Grin]

JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2011 10:20 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
Rich, is it OK if I load that onto my e caller in case I go road hunting in Minnesota? LOL That is definitely a classic!!

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted March 28, 2011 06:37 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
JD,
Yes, you have my permission sir. That howl will work wherever there are coyotes to hear it, but is especially effective in Minnesota.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 29, 2011 01:26 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I can imagine it. Overhead, with pauses.

GH/LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31487 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 29, 2011 01:42 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome!!!

Now, all we need is a "Waaaaait.....Come Baaaaaaack" howl. [Big Grin]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7587 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted April 15, 2011 07:29 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a howl I did in exhale mode, and I now have it on my CS24 http://www.cronkpredatorcalls.com/sounds/VoiceHowl7.mp3

--------------------

csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2011 06:18 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Mr. Cronk, I loaded Cool Edit on a Dell with Windows XP. You said there was a problem with the computer reading the disc?
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2011 07:29 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Smithers,
I do believe that I finally got the disk to work. I had to open the disk in different manner, but the program seems to be working now. [Wink]

--------------------

csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2011 08:26 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
That's good to hear!!
Cayotaytalker
DOES NOT TEACH/SUSPECTED OKIE
Member # 1954

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2011 04:06 PM      Profile for Cayotaytalker   Email Cayotaytalker         Edit/Delete Post 
I know that Rich has gone on about how much he likes cool Edit for a few years now. But Smithers is Cool Edit what you run as well?
I my self can only do one voice howl and I call it a locator howl. It;s just a long drawn out howl. I never use it or make it in the field,But it is on my e-caller.
Are there some tricks as to how to voice howl? I mean do you try and form a word or anything like that.
I can make what I like to think are some good howls with a turkey diaphragm. And I also get some good rabbit sounds as well with a diaphragm.
Some of the sounds I make with a turkey diaphragm I could never explain how I get the sound in a million years.But like one turkey sound I say the word chick, chick, chick. So are there any other guys out there that use a diaphragm for calling?So far as I can tell just about any brand works.Yet I guess some or better than others.I have had good luck with the Red Head brand from Bass Pro Shop and one from Dutch Boy I think it's called the Mini Mag It's the little green or chartreuse one,it has a nice pitch.
Rich, or you happy with the pitch of your howls? I mean do you feel that you have the pitch just about right? I my self like a higher pitch howl,but I do have to say I might not be the smartest kid on the block when it comes to howls.

--------------------
Now thats prime coyote country!

Posts: 403 | From: LasVegas Nevada | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2011 04:36 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
My voice howls will call coyotes, but I would still like to train my vocal chords to reach higher pitches. Friendly sounding howls can be done with the pitches I use now though. It is the inflection of the howls that are most important. I love to use my own sounds on my Foxpro callers because of the challenge. I now have three sound auditing programs to help me.

--------------------

Cayotaytalker
Member # 1954

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2011 05:44 PM      Profile for Cayotaytalker   Email Cayotaytalker         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow three programs your into it man! Or should I just say right on.And Rich thanks for your help.Rich do you use the new CS-24 or what ever they call it.I know LB,R.Shaw and a few others use that model.Rich just like you I injoy making my on sounds to use on my e-caller.I also like to clean up any old tapes I can buy or other wise get my hands on.

--------------------

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2011 06:52 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
"Wow three programs your into it man! Or should I just say right on.And Rich thanks for your help.Rich do you use the new CS-24 or what ever they call it.I know LB,R.Shaw and a few others use that model.Rich just like you I injoy making my on sounds to use on my e-caller.I also like to clean up any old tapes I can buy or other wise get my hands on."
---------------------------------
Yep, I have a CS24 and I love it. Speaking of old tapes, I have a bunch of those around here. Now all I gotta do is dig out a tape player. There is one Johnny Stewart young cottontail tape that I want to convert to digital and get it on my CS24.

--------------------

csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2011 07:31 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Yes cayotay, Cool Edit is what I use.
Cayotaytalker
Member # 1954

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2011 08:08 PM      Profile for Cayotaytalker   Email Cayotaytalker         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich,I don't know what size of a town you live in but a good tape deck can be found at good will stores and at yard sales.I have eleven bucks tied up in my two decks.
And I just got my hands on some monitors for free from the U-haul storage site. where I have some of our crap in storage.This U-haul site has a spot where you can give some of your old stuff away to some one else that might could use it.I walked in one day and found the monitors needless to say I was on them like a duck on a june bug.
 -
 -

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters