The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Persistance Pays.... (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Persistance Pays....
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted August 06, 2004 10:23 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I'll bring the box of Sauvignon Blanc, and the stemed glasses for Krusty. [Smile]

Just a joke, Krusty. Don't wet your pants. [Smile]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 06, 2004 10:34 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
NASA,

It's up in the air, as to an exact date. We are involved in consultations/discusions, whether to make it a genuine Huntmasters public event, or by invitation, only. Stay tuned. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted August 06, 2004 12:41 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Tim,

Q made the "like the herpes" joke, and I also thought it was funny, and complimented him on it... probably the best burn he ever came up with.
I took it with a smile and a laugh and moved on.

We have a saying in climbing, that would cover my brother's "sharing" his story, "what goes on the road, stays on the road", meaning you don't tell what might have happened on a road trip, while you're far from home... unless you're on the road, far from home.

What's up??? [Eek!] Did you guys drop your 300 dead coyote minimum, to "antie" up for this gathering???
Man, think of the riff-raff that could allow in, better not set that kind of precident just for me. [Razz]

"I have plenty of morons for friends"......

Byron,

Let me just say, in a neighborly way... you left the barn door wiiiiiide open on that one. And I'll skip any, and all, jokes, and let the guys and gals make up one of their own. [Big Grin] LMAO

I am sorry to admit, but I do get under people's skin, I don't do it on purpose, and I can "take the ball and run with it".
It's usually a misunderstanding about what someone meant to say.

Leonard's statement about me not knowing anything, and my making a sarcastic joke about it that got missed, is a perfect example.

I got offended when I was called a liberal, because the word was used as if being one is offensive, or more to the point that I lack intelligence because (that person thought) I am a liberal.

It's sorta like "redneck"...
It's okay for you to say "you are one", but it would be considered an insult, if pulled up in a VW Bus with flowers painted on it, and called you one.

Ya know it's funny... (ironic kind again) but on the way way more liberal climbing site, the few of us who have admitted to owning guns, hunting, or cutting down trees are considered as lowly as you guys consider me for being "a liberal".
There I am a murderer, a raper of the environment.... (ewwww ick) a CONSERVATIVE!

Mr Higgins,

Your scenario is a little more like I picture it too. [Wink]
If not physically, I'd at least be expecting to be "kicked around" humorously (there or not).

I love a good joke, even if I am it!

I got it Leonard, I think... I don't drink anymore, so it was mostly lost on me.
Sounds like some foo foo wine though...

I actaully agree about being "annexed" by Californians, and Red does way more than he knows he does... you could cut our state in half, and call the part with a coastline New Northern California, and you'd have a perfect name for it.

I guess this isn't over yet....

Krusty  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 06, 2004 01:31 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
hmmm? Should have thought of that. Liberals think that calling someone a redneck, is an insult. Who knew?

Yeah, I think you got it, K. Libs are prone to limp wristing plastic stemmed "glasses" of cheap wine, from a refrigerator "box"; and thinking they look way sophisticated.....and intelligent!

If only they weren't so dangerous, thinking they are able to decide what's best, for the rest of us.

[Roll Eyes]

edit: as below, read on.

Good hunting. LB

[ August 06, 2004, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted August 06, 2004 01:32 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Krusty; guess Im in the same boat as you now buddy. I just glossed over the daily musings on the black board, and find that Im now a " slack-jawed,grab-assin' wannbe".....Im crushed:)
Posts: 1629 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 06, 2004 01:39 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I just had to take a quick look. !Are you the one that , no other than Quinton Wagoner is addressing? note*(the quote refered to appeared to be from a post by "flatlander" and directed at the thread originator)

Yeah, "troll alert!" (another poster, over there said that)

quote:
The self imposed morals of the people on this board are what keeps me here!

* the previous quote was taken from the same thread, which caused me to observed the following:

....which would be okay, if some of them, such as the King Hell Dictator, himself, (and only him)practiced what he preaches.

edited for clarity [Smile]

[ August 08, 2004, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Byron South
Knows what it's all about
Member # 213

Icon 1 posted August 06, 2004 01:50 PM      Profile for Byron South   Author's Homepage   Email Byron South         Edit/Delete Post 
Vic,

At least he didn't call you a liberal [Big Grin] .

--------------------
"Coming to the Call" predator hunting videos. Volumes I, II, III and IV. Order two or more and pay no S&H www.comingtothecall.com

Posts: 313 | From: Texas | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted August 06, 2004 03:08 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard said "....which would be okay, if some of them such as the King Hell Dictator, himself, practiced what he preaches."
--------------
That is exactly right. I was banned from that board for caling him on that, and a few other little petty disagreements. I wonder how the hunting was in Nevada this summer. [Smile]

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted August 06, 2004 04:01 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Naw; Q wasn't addressing me personally, just those of my "ilk" I supose:) Hey, I used to be just as biased, only my sore spot was pup shootin' in the summer. Ive grown, and lost my moral compass:), could care less when a guy hunts, or if he pulls the hide or not.
Posts: 1629 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 8 posted August 06, 2004 04:31 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Az-Hunter,

I suggest if you want to stay in this HOUSE, you better read "Where it all Began" and don't pee in the pool... The King Hell Dictator of this board takes a very dim view of both shooting summer coyotes and not saving fur! Your decision, either change your ways, or don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out!

OOPS, my mistake, I thought I was typing this reply over at CG. [Wink]

This post was made 100% in jest [Smile]

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bofire
READ MY LIPS!
Member # 221

Icon 6 posted August 06, 2004 06:24 PM      Profile for Bofire   Author's Homepage   Email Bofire         Edit/Delete Post 
I am impressed! Every time I post, the post ends or no one answers anyway. One post from these guys youd think Marylin Monroe walked in the room.
Maybe Krusty and Red should run fer President and Vice, I know I'd like them better then the choices we have.
Carl

Posts: 322 | From: Wild West | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted August 06, 2004 07:47 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
I just got around to reading this thread from start to, well, here, and I want to personally thank Krusty and Red for taking everyone's attention off the fact that I am apparently the presumed resident authority on teabagging. And BTW, I'm not. Just knew what it meant when I heard it, and no Rich, it ain't got nuttin' to do with shootin' turkeys. [Smile]

As far as rednecks, yup, I'm one. And as long as the "civilized" world wants to make fun of us ack basswards types in Kansas, then so be it. As long as it keeps y'all from moving here, call me what you want.

And Vic, you could be a "misbred hare-lipped idiot". Hold it... you got a longer title than I do. What's up with that??? Long live the King hell Dick-tator. Without him, we'd only have Krusty to blame!!!

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
brad h
Member # 57

Icon 1 posted August 06, 2004 08:21 PM      Profile for brad h   Email brad h         Edit/Delete Post 
Us rednecks are everywhere, Lance. Every time I bring up calling or call making my wife is right there to generously point out what I am.

If I ever miracuiously forget, I'm sure I can count on her to remind me. [Big Grin]

I also know what a teabagger is.

Brad

Posts: 346 | From: Glendive MT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Q-Wagoner
FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted August 06, 2004 11:43 PM      Profile for Q-Wagoner           Edit/Delete Post 
No Troll here Leonard. Bob is no troll either, nor Norm, nor Cal nor anyone else that occasionally posts on the Black Board. And again no I wasn’t addressing Vic. Actually I wasn’t really addressing anybody. I just need to air out a few thoughts every once and a while. Someone would have to live in a cave not to know my stance on summer time coyote hunting. If they want up to speed just run a search on PM. LOL . Hell I even had these convections before I found out that Vic and John were the coyote Gods!! My politics don’t sway with the currant winds and I practice what I preach. Out of respect I have not been confrontational here.

I have more friends on this board (regardless of coyote politics) than any other because my stance on the issue is respected or at least was. Out of respect for you and others Leonard that I considered friends I avoid the issue.

Now I am a troll and I am one of the “some of them” that doesn’t practice what I preach. Well what ever.

See ya.

Q,

Posts: 617 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Byron South
Member # 213

Icon 1 posted August 07, 2004 06:11 AM      Profile for Byron South   Author's Homepage   Email Byron South         Edit/Delete Post 
Q,

What are your opinions on summer time lions shot out of season [Mad] . To quote Ron White "I have the right to remain silent, I just don't have the ability" (serious character flaw, I suppose) I believe most people here have been around enough to know their are different views on the subject of summer time coyotes, and most are mature enough to realize that others have different views, and are big enough to except it. It's called mutual respect. And thats why I like Leonards board. I'm realatively new to these boards (about 18 months now), but it took me about two days to realize that me and John Henry would clash. Not because he had different views, but because he is close minded and arrogant. Arrogant, close minded people show little respect/tolerance for opposing views. To me thats a sure sign of a narrow minded person. Some things are black and white (like game laws), but most are not.

"A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still".

Good Hunting

Byron [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Coming to the Call" predator hunting videos. Volumes I, II, III and IV. Order two or more and pay no S&H www.comingtothecall.com

Posts: 313 | From: Texas | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Curt2u
Member # 74

Icon 1 posted August 07, 2004 07:19 AM      Profile for Curt2u   Email Curt2u         Edit/Delete Post 
Well said Byron. I like the Ron White quote. That guy is funny as heck. [Big Grin]

Regarding the above comment..."you could cut our state in half, and call the part with a coastline New Northern California, and you'd have a perfect name for it." That is a very accurate statement. Truly disappointing. Getting harder every day to keep the pistol out of my mouth. LOL!

Posts: 236 | From: NW | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted August 07, 2004 11:24 AM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Vic,

"It ain't easy being cheesy" eh? LOL

I did wonder why Q wasn't in this thread "baggin on me"... now I know.
He was too busy baggin on someone else. (joke)

Curt,

I had a feeling my statement, about dividing the state in half, would hit you where you live... both literally and figuratively.
I feel so sorry for you, to hate living in such a wonderful place, the way you do...

I don't know why any of you guys would ever bother to even read what's posted at CG... let alone post (espesially you guys that they talk smack about, it would be impossible for me to have no way to respond [Mad] ).

I guess it's a character flaw of my own... but I like to play the game, not sit on the sidelines watching others play.

*That's why I didn't see, and have not read, any of what happened with the Elpaso guy...
When he wanted black and white figures PROVING whatever... I saw history repeating itself, and walked away. J couldn't watch him walk straight into the lake of fire.
There is NO BLACK or WHITE in hunting... it's all grey, at least I know that much now Leonard! [Wink]

Krusty  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted August 07, 2004 12:47 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, I believe Q misinterpreted your post. Would you straighten him out before he walks? None of us want that.
IP: Logged
Curt2u
Member # 74

Icon 1 posted August 07, 2004 03:21 PM      Profile for Curt2u   Email Curt2u         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL! Appreciate the concern Krusty but I love where I live. It's the mindset of a lot of the people where you live that I hate. They are truly ruining this fine state. I think the ones I don't care for consist mostly of the dreaded liberals we all know and love. The large population of misguided folk over your way that negatively affect the lives of the rest of the people just trying to live and mind their own business is what pisses me off. Their constant efforts at stripping rights and trying to force their views down the throats of others is slightly irritating, that's all. Save your sorrow my friend. [Smile]

Good hunting?

Bofire
READ MY LIPS!
Member # 221

Icon 6 posted August 07, 2004 09:10 PM      Profile for Bofire   Author's Homepage   Email Bofire         Edit/Delete Post 
Curt, If you think it hurts you to live with the folks that have come here from Californicated you oughta try to live here(wet side). I am too far into my retirement to move now, but if I could?
There are a lot of old timer types still here but we are out voted.
PS. I still think yur a great guy regardless of putting us "wetties" in the same box with the Liberals. LOL
Maybe cause I grew up in Moseslake????

Carl

Posts: 322 | From: Wild West | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Curt2u
Member # 74

Icon 1 posted August 07, 2004 10:37 PM      Profile for Curt2u   Email Curt2u         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry Carl, I know you "wetties" aren't all liberals. And we are getting more and more of them over here too. No place is sacred now. No matter where they live, if they vote in the traditional liberal manner, they are worth less than the hair in a coyote turd in my book. LOL! [Smile]

Take care, Curt

Curt2u
Member # 74

Icon 1 posted August 08, 2004 08:46 AM      Profile for Curt2u   Email Curt2u         Edit/Delete Post 
I just read the post at the Blackboard. Q buddy, I think what Leonard was referring to with the "troll alert" comment was that post before yours (the "slack jawed, grab assin, wannabe" one [Smile] ) where Chris issued the "Troll Alert". I don't think he was calling you a troll, just making a little joke about usual hackles getting raised over there regarding "out of season" coyote hunting, when the "Dictator" himself probably deserves the title of "slack jawed, grab assin, wannabe" better than anyone on the web. That's all. [Big Grin]

Anyhow, don't be going anywhere Q. You know we still love ya. [Wink]

Good hunting

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 08, 2004 10:30 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, what Curt said.

Quinton, nobody dised you, that was somebody else that was yanking the chain.

I have no agenda, for or against summertime hunting, and (for sure) wouldn't condemn anyone for shooting coyotes, or condemn someone else for having a problem with others shooting summertime coyotes.

Slow down Q, read carefully. Whatever you took wrong, was just in reply to Vic's comment to Krusty, about being jumped on, on the darkside. I thought it was humorous, nothing to get excited about.

Actually, we could view that CG thread, and conclude that Vic is the troll. He uses a screen name unfamiliar to anybody. And, he knows he will be jumped, because it's not time, yet, according to the "count down clock". He was stiring the pot, looks to me?

But, it's nothing to get excited anout, I think he was just poking his buddy. Boys will be boys.

Good hunting. LB [Smile] can't forget the smillie.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 08, 2004 11:01 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Q, appreciate your restraint, or respect.

What I want to say here, publically, is that you can venture any opinion without fear of reprisals. Nobody has to agree with me, or die. I thought you knew?

It is hard enough to find those with which we agree, in general terms. We are hunters and predator hunters. We don't have to agree to the last detail on anything. You hunt fur, I don't. Fine with me.

But, if you, and others, think that the black board is dedicated to fur hunting, and created by a fur hunter, that might not be completely accurate.

and that's all I have to say about that. [Smile]

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Bryan J
Cap and Trade Weenie
Member # 106

Icon 1 posted August 08, 2004 12:54 PM      Profile for Bryan J   Email Bryan J         Edit/Delete Post 
Red in answer to your question what I would have done is simple. I have never been faced with a situation that you describe but when in lion habitat you have to expect that one could respond. Basically what I would have done if I was uncomfortable with the lion being there is ACT AND LOOK HUMAN NOW! If I didn’t get the desired response I would make the loudest noise I could with what I had but it wouldn’t be pointed directly at the critter. After that I don’t know…..I have always figured that step one would do the trick most of the time.

The FIRST mistake that you made is that you were not mentally prepared for the situation. By that I mean that you didn’t expect to call in a lion and you had no plan of action that was ethical and legal if you did. It is much easier to make a decision under pressure if you have already decided on a course of action before you get in that situation.

As for your second question, let’s just say that I disagree with your actions as described.

Posts: 599 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters