The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Texas Predator Pursuit Reloaded (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Texas Predator Pursuit Reloaded
Todd Woodall
Knows what it's all about
Member # 439

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2005 08:13 AM      Profile for Todd Woodall   Author's Homepage   Email Todd Woodall         Edit/Delete Post 
Joan Rivers?, shoot I have been poor so long I wouldnt know what to do being rich. I have been watching the stock market to see if predator hunting videos are going to shoot up there with oil prices. Doesnt look promising so far. If I ever walked down a red carpet they would gripe me out for tracking mud down it. As for sipping a martini(I have really never had one) on the sport fisherman(is it acually a duck boat), A boat that big wouldnt fit in Bridgeport and if you get caught with anything but a keystone light in your hand they run you off of the lake! Ahh yes I can get used to this being rich stuff, Opps got to go mow the yard. [Big Grin]

Todd

--------------------
Texas Predator Pursuit videos
110 hunts on 2 DVD's
www.texaspredatorpursuit.com

Posts: 181 | From: Weatherford Texas | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Melvin
Member # 634

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2005 08:44 AM      Profile for Melvin   Email Melvin         Edit/Delete Post 
Todd,i think i'll set back,relax and watch you're video while you mow the lawn [Wink]

I can picture it all!..Ronnie,with a 20 lb.sledge hammer,smashing up the 36ft.sportfisherman and kicking,Joans **s,overboard. [Big Grin]

I better go watch the video now..

Posts: 661 | From: PA. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2005 09:01 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Good deal, Melvin. Just don't tell us how it ends, okay?

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Melvin
Member # 634

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2005 11:43 AM      Profile for Melvin   Email Melvin         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,the ending alone was worth the money...You just have to see the blooper section...I'm still laughing just thinking about it. [Big Grin]

Todd,Jeff,very good video...I'll have to watch it again this evening...I really liked the night hunting section...Keep em coming guys [Smile]

Posts: 661 | From: PA. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2005 02:46 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
What do you know!

Todd and Jeff, that was a very nice gesture, I appreciate it and will shill your video shamelessly....right after lunch.

If it is as good as everybody says it is, you won't need my help, but you shall have it, anyways!

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Todd Woodall
Member # 439

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2005 11:29 PM      Profile for Todd Woodall   Author's Homepage   Email Todd Woodall         Edit/Delete Post 
Melvin, everyone thinks this is so funny. [Smile] I was in real danger here. I am lucky to be talking to you right now. [Razz] I have to admitt when I watch it I laugh also. Apparently everyone else does too.

Leonard, No prob. sorry for the delay.

Todd

[ August 20, 2005, 12:02 AM: Message edited by: Todd Woodall ]

--------------------
110 hunts on 2 DVD's

brad h
Member # 57

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2005 11:46 PM      Profile for brad h   Email brad h         Edit/Delete Post 
Todd

I'm not much of a video guru since I quit doing it. I've got ***'s and the Verminators before that, among a few others.

Yours sounds like something I'd like to see.

I'll be in touch soon.

Not too soon though, I'm saving up for a tank of gas...and eliminating the possibilities in great anticipation of where I want to go when I do.

Brad

Posts: 346 | From: Glendive MT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted August 24, 2005 10:25 AM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Brad, it's nice to know you at least have one of the best available.

I did use the Verminators video to influence a video segment I made, but decided not to use it in my video. Instead, I gave it to Higgins to include in his.

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2005 01:32 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
My copy showed up last night. Got some people coming over Saturday for BBQ, so we'll run this all day. Looking forward to their comments.
Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2005 07:08 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
I had 2 goose hunters, a predator hunter, and 2 wives watching it. The women weren't interested until the booze kicked in, then they wanted to watch the blooper section over and over. [Big Grin] We had to explain what was going on, but once we did, everyone enjoyed the video. One of the goose hunters even wants us to take him out and show him how it's done, lol. Definitely 2 thumbs up! "He's alive!" [Eek!] [Eek!] LMFAO!!
Noel Brandon
Member # 697

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2005 09:15 AM      Profile for Noel Brandon           Edit/Delete Post 
Funny on tape and even funnier in person. You heard Jeff's, Skeet's and my reaction on the tape, we about fell out of the tower. [Big Grin]
Posts: 21 | From: Renton WA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2005 10:50 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm laughing just thinking about it. I'm going to watch it again today just to watch that "Texas 2-step" he does after droppin' the dog. ROFLMAO! [Big Grin]
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2005 11:16 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Todd's buddies thought it was hilarious, they were twittering for several seconds before warning him that he was "walking the dog". Of course, I laughed right along with them.

I have had a couple close encounters, closer than that, in fact. Maybe that's why I thought it was so funny?

The best one was the coyote that woke up on the floor of my truck with (we three) little girls screaming, and attempting to beat it to death at sixty miles per hour......

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Swampbird
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2005 01:49 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Just ordered both of the Texas Pursuit tapes....
IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2005 02:31 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Something else.

There is a thread on CG about predator hunting videos. I have seen a couple that they are raving about and they are not even close to the entertainment value of the TEXAS PREDATOR PURSUIT Reloaded.

That's a personal opinion, but I'm not a member over there, [Frown] so it's up to someone in good standing to bring this information to the attention of the membership.

They will thank you for it.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Jeff Thomason
Member # 691

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2005 04:08 PM      Profile for Jeff Thomason   Author's Homepage   Email Jeff Thomason         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Swampbird, thanks for the order. Leonard, that is a pretty good compliment coming from you. Thanks again! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Predator Pursuit
4 Videos Day and Night
www.predatorpursuit.com

Posts: 21 | From: Weatherford, Texas | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sue and Mark Nami
Member # 685

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2005 04:46 PM      Profile for Sue and Mark Nami           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard I saw that too on the other site and must say that I have never in my life seen so much sucking up. It makes you want to spit the bad taste out of your mouth.

--------------------
All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough
good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke..1729-1797

Posts: 44 | From: east coast | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Todd Woodall
Member # 439

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2005 06:44 PM      Profile for Todd Woodall   Author's Homepage   Email Todd Woodall         Edit/Delete Post 
NASA, Glad you and your friends like the video. You can sign up for "Texas two step" lessons if you would like. Thank goodness Noel said something, took him long enough though. Thanks again for the kind words everyone.

Leonard, just go over and tell your opinoin I am sure they wont mind [Wink] .

Swampbird, Your videos are on the way, Thanks for the order. Be sure and tell us what you think.

Sue, it was nice talking with you and Mark the other night. Hope I helped out a little. Good luck this year. Have the videos arrived yet??

Take care,

Todd

[ September 18, 2005, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: Todd Woodall ]

--------------------
110 hunts on 2 DVD's

NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2005 08:53 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Todd, you made a similar offer quite a while back, when we talked on the phone. I'm thinking I just might take you up on it this time. [Wink]
seeinspots
Member # 676

Icon 1 posted September 23, 2005 06:37 PM      Profile for seeinspots   Author's Homepage   Email seeinspots         Edit/Delete Post 
guys these are must have dvds, sent them a check mon. got them today .AWSOME, todd and jeff you did a great job, looking forward to the next one.

thanks kent

Posts: 19 | From: kansas | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jeff Thomason
Member # 691

Icon 1 posted September 23, 2005 07:32 PM      Profile for Jeff Thomason   Author's Homepage   Email Jeff Thomason         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Kent, Glad you liked em. Your $10 for plugging the videos is in the mail! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Predator Pursuit
4 Videos Day and Night
www.predatorpursuit.com

Posts: 21 | From: Weatherford, Texas | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2005 02:45 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Made the drive to Sportsmans Warehouse to pick up your tapes. Hmmmm......only in dvd & only vol. 1 in stock. Ok, bought the dvd and stopped at Wally World to buy a dvd player. Oh, how I love hooking up electro-gizmos!! Even after all of that though, I have to say; "You boys done did good!!" I enjoyed it and am looking forward to seeing vol.2.

Question; In the night hunting segment, the light seems to be shining hard on the animal at all times. Everything that I've read on night hunting tells me to just use the fringe halo of light until it's time to shoot, then drop the beam, identifie the target and fire. What am I missing here??

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Todd Woodall
Member # 439

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2005 03:17 PM      Profile for Todd Woodall   Author's Homepage   Email Todd Woodall         Edit/Delete Post 
kokopelli, Sorry you had to go through all that hassle. SW is still ordering to get vol II in all there stores, it takes a little while sometimes.

Glad you liked vol I. If you liked it you should like vol II even more. I will explain our light usage as best I can. You are correct that your best results will come from holding the animal in the halo of the light and them burning them for the shot. We cant get footage while doing this, do to the low light conditions not picking up in the camera. We burn everything all the time! Around home(more hunting pressure) we use red lights and try not to use too bright a light. We do spook a few by burning them but mostly only in heavily called areas. I would say we only spook a dozen or so a year with the light. Thats alot, but we have to do it to get the qaulity of footage we want. The white light stuff you see is in far west Texas(very little hunting pressure). The bright white light doesnt bother them at all because they dont seem to associate it with danger. Our method seems to baffle alot of people, they just cant understand how we do so well this way. We really havent seen a huge difference in the way animals react to it, but that is partially because we have some really good land that is hunted very little. Listen to what you have been told as it is very good advice. Use your red light, keep them in the halo and you will do well. Obviously this is not a must all the time, but you will get more shots at those "spooky" coyotes.

BTW, you can also order vol II off of our website, by phone or by mail. All of the info is on our website. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks again,

Todd

--------------------
110 hunts on 2 DVD's

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2005 04:01 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Todd, thanks for the info. I've never night hunted & hope to shorten the learning curve as much as possible.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sue and Mark Nami
Member # 685

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2005 10:26 PM      Profile for Sue and Mark Nami           Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Todd. I was honored that you could take the time to visit as long as we did. There is a lot to learn from people like you. It must take years.

Forgot. Yes I got the videos and am envious. Both you and Jeff did a real good job of convincing me I need to change what I am doing. I can't get over how many coyotes there must be in Texas. Probably as much as deer here. What pests they are sometimes.

Sue really liked your accent and wondered what drew you two to make a coyote hunting movie.

[ September 26, 2005, 10:31 PM: Message edited by: Sue and Mark Nami ]

--------------------
All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough
good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke..1729-1797

Posts: 44 | From: east coast | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters