The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Volume and how to use it (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Volume and how to use it
Kelly Jackson
SECOND PLACE/GARTH BROOKS LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2010 07:26 PM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
AR left us a nugget on that last post. I do some of the same if the country allows it.
Most of my stands are done after work and I try and make two real good ones. About noon I start thinking about where I am going to go to get the wind right and also to have time to make my 2nd stand where a coyote feels real comfortable coming in with the low light. The key is to select a place around here with short yellow grass if possible. That gives me 6-7 minutes more shooting time. Popped two more this evening doing just that.

Stay after them
Kelly

Posts: 997 | From: Comanche OK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
JohnLK
Pro-Staff Great/Michigan Sector
Member # 1978

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2010 07:45 PM      Profile for JohnLK           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Crikey!!! One and a half hours?! How do you know the coyote didnt wander into ear shot seven minutes before you saw him?
Without a fresh snow I don't. But sometimes after taking that long or more and have fresh snow I have gone around the mile section and seen no fresh tracks going in.
Posts: 54 | From: Michigan | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2010 08:12 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
[Razz]

[ March 28, 2010, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5068 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2010 08:15 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
[Razz]

[ March 28, 2010, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5068 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2010 08:35 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The key is to select a place around here with short yellow grass if possible.
Ah yes, I know exactly what you're talking about Kelly. We call it the 'soft' grass.

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Okanagan
Budding Spin Doctor
Member # 870

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2010 05:25 PM      Profile for Okanagan           Edit/Delete Post 
" AR left us a nugget on that last post. "

Yes he did. I have learned a bunch from several folks here, especially AR and Kelly, stuff that I use in the field. Thank you.

It strikes me once again that the level of discourse here is vastly higher in accuracy of content than the exchanges of ignorance typical of the Hardly Boys with PMS. For that matter, civility and respect among competent people is higher here as well.

Posts: 269 | From: 49th Parrallel | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters