The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » where he stops, or as close as possible? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: where he stops, or as close as possible?
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2010 02:12 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Innoculation said:
quote:
we only got 3 of them (each time)for 2 triples
By my system, you got nine coyotes (three squared). Good job. Maybe we can call that an Okie Clusterf*ck. Maybe not.

I forgot all about Cal's bow triple. Not a name for that. If'n I saw it, I'd just say, "Holy shit!"

As far as sexing a coyote on the run, if there's a pair and you're looking at one of each and the male-r of the two is mature, you can tell. If not, you either have to have some danged good eyeballs, or a very well-hung coyote. And, at that range, he'd be obvious by all the tripping over his pecker that he'd be doing running in. I know that running all out and tripping over my pecker makes me tend to slow down some. So, if you're after him, take the one in the back. I'm just saying...

[ May 18, 2010, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: Cdog911 ]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2010 03:17 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I have seen them trip and somersault racing to the bullet. Didn't lose a step, either.

Also, clear this up for me. If you have what began as a legit Okie Dokie, but the second one was a Texas Heart Shot, does that count as two singles. or no? Okies, don't answer, this is a question for regular people....if you don't mind?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31508 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2010 04:13 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
That's kinda like the teacher telling the smart kids to not answer isn't it. Trying to let the slow folks get a chance, I see.
Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2010 04:19 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
'Okie Dokies', 'Super Okie Dokies'. This is starting to sound like a value menu at a Sonic drive in.

quote:
I don't know though, Cal did it in texas and behind locked gates... does that count?
Hmmm, Tom makes a valid point here. Three coyotes with a bow, and one ass print in the sand is just another day in Texas isn't it?

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2010 05:01 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
An Okie Dokie needs to have three eye witnesses to be valid. I just made that up.

Send your objections to Tom64, Moderator of The AR/Close Encounters Forum. Attn:Complaint Department Thank you! LB

edit: From now on, he will also handle all racial complaints from lurkers and PMS members. Please go to the Close Encounters Forum for all that stuff. Thanks!

edit: Get to work, Tom, free ride's over!

[ May 18, 2010, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2010 05:07 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
still an okie dokey - the proper classification is based upon the nature of their approach, IMO.

What do I win?!?

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2010 05:33 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
If you call two or more, and fire three or more times and still don't connect, do we call that an Okie chokey?

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2010 05:54 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
the nature of their approach, IMO.
Rediculous! Next we will have an Okie finedokie swamp double in Florida, or anywhere close to Florida.

Forget it! Cal says it's my Board and I make the rules. Any triple with a machinegun don't count, either.

If you don't like it, see the Complaint Department. Tom is as mean and unsympathetic as only an Okie can be.

Thanks again, LB

edit: another thing, this PMS lurking has got to stop! I don't waste my time reading their drivel and they have a lot of nerve getting tips and ideas over here. Get lost, ya wannabes! Hi Berry!

[ May 18, 2010, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2010 06:31 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah any triple with a machine gun should definitely be disqualified.

Like shootin fish in a barrel.lol

Good Hunting Chad

Posts: 1635 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
nd coyote killer
HUNTMASTER PRO STAFF
Member # 40

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2010 06:57 PM      Profile for nd coyote killer           Edit/Delete Post 
They have to be coming "together" there is a difference between two singles and a double locked gates texas to canada rules still apply unless you are an okie apparently [Razz] Or the master himself (Leonard of course) he can do what ever he damn well pleases in my eyes [Big Grin]

I know i haven't been posting lately but what is with the status WTF a guys leaves for awhile and he gets casturated in front of everyone! [Roll Eyes]

Edited for that last part

[ May 18, 2010, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: nd coyote killer ]

--------------------
"Sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim" - Bear Claw

Posts: 385 | From: On a hill | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2010 07:48 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
I have to say as head of the complaint dept, my Okie Dokies will count with a machine gun, I mean if Cal can count one with a bow in Texas of all places and behind locked gates, my machine gun will to.

Oh and I might as well let Kelly fall in there too.

It's official!

Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2010 08:00 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, my approach is simple. If the coyote gives me a shot I think I can make, unless its over 100 yards and I dont think he will come closer, I shoot. That is unless Im using a shotgun, of course.

If the coyote is over 100 yards, then watching body language comes into play. Even if its over 200, if he dont look like hes coming on in and I feel comfortable and steady, shoot.

And, I wanna request. Ive changed my mind. You Okies are alright. Can I be an honerary Okie?

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Inoculation
Member # 2229

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2010 08:19 PM      Profile for Inoculation   Email Inoculation         Edit/Delete Post 
Innoculation said:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
we only got 3 of them (each time)for 2 triples
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By my system, you got nine coyotes (three squared). Good job. Maybe we can call that an Okie Clusterf*ck. Maybe not.

I forgot all about Cal's bow triple. Not a name for that. If'n I saw it, I'd just say, "Holy shit!"

As far as sexing a coyote on the run, if there's a pair and you're looking at one of each and the male-r of the two is mature, you can tell. If not, you either have to have some danged good eyeballs, or a very well-hung coyote. And, at that range, he'd be obvious by all the tripping over his pecker that he'd be doing running in. I know that running all out and tripping over my pecker makes me tend to slow down some. So, if you're after him, take the one in the back. I'm just saying...

True Lance,

I just went back and read my post. It was 2 quintuples and 6 of them down (three each stand) for 2 true triples.

And I rarely am looking at the coyotes genitalia as they come in. I just shoot them and lift the leg [Smile]

--------------------
Don't be ridiculous

Posts: 56 | From: CA | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Jackson
SECOND PLACE/GARTH BROOKS LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2010 08:27 PM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
If you call two or more, and fire three or more times and still don't connect, do we call that an Okie chokey?

I like that one Lance.

You dang right okie dokies, trips and quads count with a machine gun....thats why I carry one.

Rock on Tom.

Posts: 997 | From: Comanche OK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2010 08:32 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds okay to me Andy, just remember we've let plenty of Kalifornians across the border (for a fee) but that don't make em Okies!

But if Uncle ElBee gets serious about moving, I couldn't think of a better canadate to be an Okie.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2010 08:37 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Kelly, remember the sighting in target at the campout, created by Geordie and AR Shaw? Just start in low and walk it in and that's close enough. Like hand grenades. Hell ya! Keep after them!

Good hunting. LB

edit: Man! Now I've heard everything...An Honorary Okie! Wait 'til my kids hear this!

[ May 18, 2010, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2010 08:53 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Come on over Andy.
Tom, looks like the start of another land rush.
And speaking of that target, what ever happened to George Ackley?

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Jackson
SECOND PLACE/GARTH BROOKS LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2010 08:55 PM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
LB how could I forget....here is Shaw about to dump a mag.

-

that pic just don't get old...

Posts: 997 | From: Comanche OK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Okanagan
Budding Spin Doctor
Member # 870

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2010 09:14 PM      Profile for Okanagan           Edit/Delete Post 
How many seconds can elapse between approaching coyotes before it does not count as an Okie double any more?

The Rules Committee will have to decide. Also, how many yards between the coyotes is too much to count as an Okie double? If one is trailing the other by ten yards it is a double I'm pretty sure. But if one is trailing by 60 yards, 100 yards? Is it not a double or pair anymore but merely two singles in close proximity?

Each stand needs a referee, with a stop watch.

PS Yep, that is a classic photo of Shaw!

[ May 18, 2010, 09:15 PM: Message edited by: Okanagan ]

Posts: 269 | From: 49th Parrallel | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2010 10:38 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It don't get old! Good pic of the peanut butter man.

Hey, I made him his first fried SPAM sandwich down in Texas, when we ran out of beans. I think he was surprised how good they are. Maybe I converted him from disgusted wanting no part of it, to admitting it wasn't half bad.

But seriously, I couldn't believe the size of that peanut butter jar he bought, but we sure needed it, 'cause he sure likes his peanut butter!

Great trip, I enjoyed it.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

fgf4
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2010 11:26 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I've been too preoccupied with worry this Steve fella might kick my ass! I have completely missed this post!

Since I still own the house in Oklahoma that I was brought home to as a new born I think I qualify as an Okie... even if I do live in Illinois now. I've never killed a coyote in Oklahoma though... that may disqualify me.

I have shot a double with a bolt gun, both within 30ft. Don't need a machine gun if you have quick hands!

How do I pick which coyote to shoot when more than one comes at the same time? It's like shooting at a flushed covey of quail... you pick an opportune target and lock on, fire, watch it drop and move to the next opportune target!

So simple... even an Okie can do it! [Razz]

Nikonut

IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 19, 2010 03:14 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You should be worried! He does not sound like the type to make idle threats. You could try begging for mercy? That's what I'd do. Your reason(s) for not spilling the beans is kinda hard to understand, even for a recovering Okie. Talk to Uncle Tom down in Close Encounters, then go forth and sin no more.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 19, 2010 09:02 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Got another email from crystalriversteve. Nothing important, I won't bore the membership. He splains exactly where he will be for the big slapdown. I'm going to charge admission.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted May 19, 2010 02:42 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of Randy and PMS.I just went over to lurk over there and on the Optics Forum they're talking about Nightforce reviews and some experts feel you need Turrets out west and all that bullshit yada yada yada.And Randy said for calling conditions they aren't needed which I totally agree BTW.But some of those western experts sure think you need them,got me to thinking,maybe I've just been lucky all these years killing coyotes and hunting in Utah,Nevada,and Wyoming and not using Turrets.It sure sounds like I'm missing the boat.lol [Roll Eyes]

Good Hunting Chad

Posts: 1635 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
tlbradford
Rimfires are MAGIC on COYOTES! If you do your part
Member # 1232

Icon 1 posted May 19, 2010 04:04 PM      Profile for tlbradford   Email tlbradford         Edit/Delete Post 
I am sure everyone of them is putting up there fur too. Maybe someone can chime in with the obvious, "Who the hell wants to walk out there 500 yards, which is getting into turret range, to pick up a stinky coyote?"

--------------------
"Dan Carey ain't that special" - LB

Posts: 423 | From: Spokane Valley, WA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters