The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » SHOOT THE FURTHEST ONE FIRST? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: SHOOT THE FURTHEST ONE FIRST?
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2011 10:41 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
See, this is where you get out on a limb, Tim. By virtue of being "old" you suggest that I'm responsible for the recession as well as Obama getting elected president. That is patently false and I resent being lumped in with the likes of Paul, who MAY VERY WELL BE responsible!

Quit generalizing! You're just like everybody from Minneesota.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2011 11:13 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
By virtue of being "old" you suggest that I'm responsible for the recession as well as Obama getting elected president
JD blames me so I'm blameing you, I could just as well throw Paul in . Don't want you to feel alone... [Razz]

Actually what I ment was its not just you but the older generation that made it what it is today.. [Smile]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2011 12:55 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Wait uh fuquen minute here! Im not old or responsible for the liberal bastard in the white house. How the hell did I get pulled into this thread.

P.s. shoot the sure thing first may be the only fur in the truck that day.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2011 01:40 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
QUIT WHINING, PAUL!

Somebody is responsible. It could very well be you. I have heard you speak favorably of "The One" several times. Can you prove your innocence, otherwise you sound guilty, to me, and especially, to Tim?

koko; yes or no?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2011 01:58 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Your right Leonard ! I didnt vote for him but I should have then I could at least say Id been dupped.as it is now Im just suffering for nuthin.

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2011 03:17 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Confession is good for the soul, Paul. I seem to recall a OBAMA/BIDEN bumper sticker on that beat up Chevy?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2011 03:21 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
Thats quite a dance you do whenever someone zeros in on your bullshit Tim, anyhow it IS your fault because you ARE a liberal, stop blaming the true americans and take your medicine bitch. You are a lucky sonofabitch Tim, it seems that the old political forum from the darkside has become invisible, the powers that be over there have no use for that sort of shit nowadays otherwise I would post your own words and settle this dispute about your liberal ways once and for all. You just keep dancing and back pedaling Timmy.

You guys didnt think my sig line was just random did you, he`s a liberal, trust me.

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2011 04:34 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
No I'm not a liberal, I'm netrual. I vote for who ever I want that I feel is right for the job..

But just for arguments sake If I'm a liberal whats that make you? A "PIG" or a "Jackass"????? [Eek!]

Edit to add.. JD you better get another supply of KY jelly. According to Paul, Obama is going to fuck you another four years..LOL [Big Grin]

[ February 15, 2011, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2011 04:55 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Your Wrong Tim That A-hole couldnt get lucky in a womens prison.

--------------------

JD
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2011 06:21 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm netrual.
What? You`re neutered?! That explains why you voted for Obama.

Tim, did you call me a pig and a jackass?

Thats hurtful, why do you have to be so rude?

Paul, I have no idea how you got drug into this, I apologize [Smile]

Well buckethead(thats you Tim)....it`s been fun yet pointless, I`ll get back to messin with you some other time. In the mean time, please keep on posting, its rather entertaining.

--------------------
Jason

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2011 07:17 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Golly jeepers. Back in the day before e-callers and high technology, I didn't bother myself with making bankshots with sounds off canyon walls like in some old "B" western movie to confuse the coyote. I just, as Scott said earlier, read the coyote's body language from afar. Always been amazed at how close they can get to the source with very little to go off of. If he was coming in, I shut the hell up and let him come on in. If somewhere between where I first saw him and where he got sidetracked, he began trekking off course and I needed to, uh, coax him back toward me, I simply game him a couple soft coaxing squeaks with my lips, or maybe off the tips of my AP-6 with the end of the call buried down into my jacket so as not to give the coyote such a specific point of focus. Worked back then, and works now.

In another post, someone made the point that using e-callers and hand calls concurrently involved, for them, getting their attention with the hand calls and fine tuning their focus into the killing field with the e-caller to direct the coyote away from the hunter(s). Same goes here, but vice versa. Call them from afar with the big speaker and, if you have to, tweak their approach with a couple very subtle lipsqueaks once they get somewhat close. Low-tech to no-tech, but deadly efficient.

[ February 15, 2011, 07:18 PM: Message edited by: Cdog911 ]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
SD Howler
taught Huber everything he knows, but not everything HE knows!
Member # 3669

Icon 1 posted February 16, 2011 09:33 AM      Profile for SD Howler   Author's Homepage   Email SD Howler         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Scott for all your comments in reference to the current calling situation with all the new callers that are attempting to call coyotes today. My current health conditions and the required use of a wheelchair are limiting my calling opportunities. I sure miss all the good days we had calling together when we worked as SD ADC Trappers. It’s GREAT to see all the comments that you post with your past calling and ADC work experiences.

--------------------
Steve
Predator Calling
rattler51@pie.midco.net

Posts: 51 | From: SD | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted February 16, 2011 04:47 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
SD Howler ,
Don't be TOO nice to Scott. His head will swell up like a watermelon, and his cap will no longer fit. [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
SD Howler
taught Huber everything he knows, but not everything HE knows!
Member # 3669

Icon 1 posted February 16, 2011 06:13 PM      Profile for SD Howler   Author's Homepage   Email SD Howler         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich:

I can see Scott smiling already when he reads your comments. We worked together for a number of years with SD GF&P. Scott was always a go-getter as a trapper and his love for calling coyotes just never stops. The SD program has been going through some funding losses and personnel changes. I sure enjoyed the 15 years when I worked with that program.

--------------------
Steve
Predator Calling
rattler51@pie.midco.net

Posts: 51 | From: SD | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted February 17, 2011 10:06 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
SD Howler,
Yes, Scott is the real deal but boy is he ever ugly. I think maybe he is part coyote, I mean he sure resembles one when he grins. Uses himself for a decoy ya see. A walking coyote decoy, now that's kinda handy. [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 17, 2011 10:22 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
He for sure "sounds" like one. I still need to get me a Krusty Comer or whatever you call those hats if I wanna look the part?

Boy, Howdy!

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Wily E
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted February 19, 2011 01:42 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Cdog911,

Interesting thought on using hand calls and e-caller in combination. That may have some merit.

What I find interesting, within the topic of call authenticity, I cannot remember a coyote that ever showed anything but a positive reaction to a lip squeak. I often wondered what it sounds like to them. All I know is that it's probably the best call I have ever used. Unfortunately, it's distance is limited.

Steve T.

Thanks for the kind words. Those were really good days and I sure appreciate all the time we spent together and all the important elements of this job you taught me or helped me with. I didn't take what I learned from others for granted.

Unfortunately this program is not what it once was. I'd love to get together sometime Steve and talk about better days.

Rich: "Yes, Scott is the real deal but boy is he ever ugly."

Why thank you very little Rich. LOL!

~SH~

[ February 20, 2011, 02:45 AM: Message edited by: Wily E ]

IP: Logged
Wily E
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted February 20, 2011 03:48 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
JD: "Scott, alot of what you`ve said should be obvious,...."

I agree, it should have been obvious.

JD to TA: "Thats hurtful, why do you have to be so rude?"

LOL! That was funny considering a recent post I remember where you lost all control.

~SH~

IP: Logged
JD
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2011 07:19 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
LOL! That was funny considering a recent post I remember where you lost all control.

~SH~

I think you meant to say "ALL" my recent posts. It was meant to be funny, thanks for noticing. [Smile]

--------------------
Jason

the bearhunter
HM PROSTAFF & MIDWEST REGIONAL GURU VOTED MOST HANDSOME MINNESOTAN
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted February 23, 2011 04:01 AM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
terrain will help my decision. i've tried shooting the farthest first thinking the close one would be an easy thing but it seldom works out that way.expecially with varied terrain. .i'd rather take the female first if i can no mater where she is
Posts: 1049 | From: minnifornia | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 23, 2011 08:34 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I got confused? A whole page, not on topic, not even close. I had to scroll to the top before I remembered that bearhunter was maybe talking about female bears or some such? I think I agree what he said?

Good hunting. LB

edit: PS one of these days I'm going to ask him what minnefornia means? But that would be off topic.

[ February 23, 2011, 08:35 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted February 23, 2011 06:30 PM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
"What I find interesting, within the topic of call authenticity, I cannot remember a coyote that ever showed anything but a positive reaction to a lip squeak. I often wondered what it sounds like to them. All I know is that it's probably the best call I have ever used. Unfortunately, it's distance is limited."

I witnessed something interesting this summer while at work. We have several cottontails that are about half tame and they hang around the buildings all the time. They do get harrassed at night by the local coyotes and the birds of prey, so they're not tame in the sense that you can catch them, but they will allow us to walk to with-in 20 or 30 yards of them before they bolt. BUT, just screwing around this summer, I starting lip squeeking to see what a rabbit would do and I actually called two different bunnys to with-in a few feet of me. I mean these two rabbits, at seperate times, started about 30 or 40 yards from me and when I lip squeeked, they come running, just like a guy would like to see a coyote do.
With that said, it made me beleive that my lip squeek must sound a lot like a baby bunny in distress.

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted February 23, 2011 07:24 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Along that same line, TR, I had a cottontail that kept getting into my garden this summer. Finally having had enough, I grabbed the .22 and set out to fix my problem. Except, the bunny had escaped into grassy field behind my house. I could see him about thirty yards away, but he was hunkered down. I threw a couple clods of dirt near him to try and stand him up but all he did was hunker down tighter. Finally, I did a couple very short whines as high-pitched as I could and his head popped right up, then exploded. Go figure.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 23, 2011 11:59 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Shit, I have had jacks climb trees just to see where the distress was coming from. And, I kid you not.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted February 25, 2011 03:18 PM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
Probably not wanting to see where the distress is coming from but rather wanting to see the carnage, like so many humans on the highways like to do. Since we don't have trees where I do most of my calling, most jacks just run to the highest hill near by to do the same.

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters