The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Midwest Hunt (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Midwest Hunt
Kelly Jackson
SECOND PLACE/GARTH BROOKS LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted November 09, 2008 06:07 PM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
I know you know, but yes it does LB. That upper is a 25 WSSM that Dan build up. Got it tuned up with some 100gr bullets as deer season starts here on the 22nd.
Posts: 997 | From: Comanche OK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
R.Shaw
Peanut Butter Man, da da da da DAH!
Member # 73

Icon 1 posted November 09, 2008 06:44 PM      Profile for R.Shaw           Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of uppers LOL.

Got this rifle from GAP just before we went to TX. Just sighted it in down there. Not really a night time coyote gun, so it did not see any action.

This is the first 5 shot group shot after I got home.
700 action
26 in. Lilja barrel
17 Fireball
100 yards

-

Randy

[ November 09, 2008, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: R.Shaw ]

Posts: 545 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted November 09, 2008 08:12 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
That will get them.. [Smile]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5075 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Jackson
SECOND PLACE/GARTH BROOKS LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted November 09, 2008 08:30 PM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
That will work Randy. It has cat wrote all over it.
Posts: 997 | From: Comanche OK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Q-Wagoner
FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2008 09:09 AM      Profile for Q-Wagoner           Edit/Delete Post 
Damn Randy you just can’t do anything right these days!!! It is .172 not .177!!! LOL

Good hunting.

Q,

Posts: 617 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2008 09:12 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I got it; I think?

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31471 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
R.Shaw
Member # 73

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2008 09:24 AM      Profile for R.Shaw           Edit/Delete Post 
I didnt get it.

Randy

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2008 09:54 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
BB gun

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Q-Wagoner
FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2008 10:36 AM      Profile for Q-Wagoner           Edit/Delete Post 
.177 is a pellet diameter .172 is the bullet diameter thus you should deduct .172 from your outside spread rather than .177
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2008 11:27 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
...which opens his wallet group to a very modest .344, right? Imagine, trying to impress the Peanut gallery with a .339" group!

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Q-Wagoner
FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2008 11:50 AM      Profile for Q-Wagoner           Edit/Delete Post 
LOL it is an inside joke inspired by recent events Leonard. Sorry.

Randy and the rest of the thugs were on chat the other night at the Midwest board. When a thread popped up on PM about bobcats. Randy, decided to entertain everyone on chat and posted that cats don’t smell any better than people do on the thread at PM. Then back to chat he goes and starts a betting pool on who would be the first to correct him in his misguided ways. Randy would have won as I understand it but everyone was surprised at the venomous attack that came from a dark horse. LOL I am not sure how all the contestants placed?

Good hunting.

Q,

[ November 11, 2008, 12:00 PM: Message edited by: Q-Wagoner ]

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2008 12:40 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I made one of my infrequent trips to PM INC. and read about bobcats and the shit stirers.

I'm afraid I have to agree with the WY guy. I know that a cat doesn't want to circle downwind, but that doesn't meran he cannot smell a human; if he just happens to approach from that direction.

A bobcat doesn't think you can harm him with anything, so why would he be afraid if he smells man? That's the exact opposite of a coyote who may not know, but he isn't taking any chances. A cat sits there, knows you are where you are, and doesn't think you can see him or doesn't understand why you might want to harm him? It's complicated, but I know damned well that a bobcat can smell me, downwind. Is his semse of smell not as good as a coyote? My guess is it is not. But, it's good enough to detect your stinky ass from downwind.

And, Geordie! Holy cow, man! You misspelled at least one word; twice! Zero credibility. lol

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Q-Wagoner
FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2008 01:30 PM      Profile for Q-Wagoner           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Is his semse of smell not as good
LOL Look who’s talking!! LOL The forest is not behind the trees Leonard. Randy was just jacking people around with the comment that cats smell no better than people do. I am sure a few pages of testimonials, tutorials and hot links to prove him wrong will entertain us for the next day or two. Ya just got to run with it. LOL

Good hunting.

Q,

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2008 01:54 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Oooooooh. This is like .172, huh? I'm just hung up on Georgie misspelling words and didn't notice the forest. Sorry.

Good hunting. LB

edit: Oops, I meant Geordie.

[ November 11, 2008, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

R.Shaw
Member # 73

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2008 02:32 PM      Profile for R.Shaw           Edit/Delete Post 
Snow in Nebraska and rain in Missouri. I guess it goes without saying that those of us who work outside got bored with just circling the trees.
LOL

Randy

CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2008 04:26 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And, Geordie! Holy cow, man! You misspelled at least one word; twice! Zero credibility. lol
Oh hell, I did? I proof read my post, and everything looked ok. I guess us Okies aren't much on spelling. We do at least know how to vote. [Big Grin]

Oh yeah.....maintain!

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Q-Wagoner
FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2008 04:50 PM      Profile for Q-Wagoner           Edit/Delete Post 
LOL Do I smell something burning!!

Q,

Wiley E
Knows what it's all about
Member # 108

Icon 1 posted November 17, 2008 09:53 AM      Profile for Wiley E   Email Wiley E         Edit/Delete Post 
L: "Of course, I was exaggerating about returning to check in four hours early (just like you have been doing) and of course, you jumped all over it. I know very well the rewards in making every stand count."

I know where you are coming from.

This is the problem with internet forums, one person would read your statement above ("just like you have been doing") to refer to checking in 4 hours early while others would read it as a reference to exaggerating. I'm sure Leonard was referring to exaggerating because the only time I have ever checked in early to a contest was during high winds and blowing snow that made it virtually impossible to call. Just wanted to clarify a potential misunderstanding with the readers.

Yeh Leonard, I know that taking a good number of bobcats is no easy feat even in an area with a lot of cats. First it would require finding a good area with lots of cats which would be a skill in itself plus the patience that would be required to to get the killing shot but cats are still cats. Of course night calling being different than day. Bobcats are not nearly as responsive as most coyotes due to their lazy and complacent behavior which in itself makes them difficult. They are slow to approach and slow to leave. Your description of cats in your recent post is consistant with my observations.

Cats can smell a lot better than people give them credit for, they simply don't react to those odors in the same manner as coyotes as you pointed out. I also realize that Randy Shaw and/or Q were just razzing some of the egos on the other forum with their comments and not necessarily being serious.

Nothing like picking on those who think they know more than they actually know. LOL!

~SH~

[ November 17, 2008, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: Wiley E ]

Posts: 853 | From: Kadoka, S.D | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
KevinKKaller
Member # 559

Icon 1 posted November 17, 2008 12:00 PM      Profile for KevinKKaller   Author's Homepage   Email KevinKKaller         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope this works.  - I went and hunted the Nv state hunt this last weekend and 2 of the coyotes we took had w tips 2 of the winning teem had w tips and I saw 1 other the winning teem came in with 12 dogs We tied for 4th but wear 2nd in so 5th I have killed w tiped in a lot of plases more in AZ because I have spent most my life thear but I think you will find the pigment all over the country Just my guess
Good Hunting Kevin

Well I cant make the photo work Sorry
Nasa can I sent it to you and have you publish it for me Thanks

--------------------
Maker of K-Kalls

Posts: 126 | From: Idaho | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 17, 2008 01:24 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin, once you click on "Image" you have to put the code between the brackets that you have previously uploaded to a hosting site.

Once upon a time, we never saw white tips in Nevada, now they are common. Wonder why?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

KevinKKaller
Member # 559

Icon 1 posted November 17, 2008 03:41 PM      Profile for KevinKKaller   Author's Homepage   Email KevinKKaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Lenord the photo I was trying to post was from a camra phone and did not need to be down sised I am not vary pc smart. LOL
I sent the photo to Nasa I think he will post for me
Thanks Kevin

--------------------
Maker of K-Kalls

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 17, 2008 05:04 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure he can figure it out; scientists are pretty smart.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted November 18, 2008 10:22 AM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
KevinKKaller, is that state championship contest held out of Elko?
Maybe leonard and I should go win it next year, just to show em old guys rule.

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas.....Average minds discuss events.....Small minds discuss people.....Eleanor Roosevelt.

Posts: 893 | From: Walker Lake Nevada. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
KevinKKaller
Member # 559

Icon 1 posted November 23, 2008 06:41 PM      Profile for KevinKKaller   Author's Homepage   Email KevinKKaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes it is I can forward the info next year if you are interested.
The GSPHA has its Id state champ hunt in Jan if interested!
We put on a prity good show for little money But it is also a little pay back as well.
Good food and challanging calling
Good Hunting Kevin

--------------------
Maker of K-Kalls

onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted November 24, 2008 01:41 PM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
I believe I was made an honorary member of the GSPHA a few years ago, my membership probably run out lol. Because of my operation I'd think Jan would be to early, but maybe next year. I'm not that far from Idaho.
I think I housed a couple of the GSPHA members at my motel down in NM as they went hunting with one of the ex winners of the World hunt. Geezzz, and I never got to go hunting with them that time.
Yes, I am interested in the state hunt up in Elko for next year. Sounds like fun, plus I'd get to meet some of the local pros. Thanks Kevin

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas.....Average minds discuss events.....Small minds discuss people.....Eleanor Roosevelt.

Posts: 893 | From: Walker Lake Nevada. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters