The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Is anybody actually killing coyotes? (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: Is anybody actually killing coyotes?
Jrbhunter
PAYS ATTENsION TO deTAIL
Member # 459

Icon 1 posted February 08, 2006 10:39 AM      Profile for Jrbhunter   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Four more yesterday...

-

Higgins I talked to Merta this weekend about your trip to his place this month, I'm still looking forward to that cold one you promised me six months ago. [Wink]

Posts: 615 | From: Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
RedRabbit
Knows what it's all about
Member # 796

Icon 1 posted February 08, 2006 07:43 PM      Profile for RedRabbit   Email RedRabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
AZ, your killing me, that had me rollin... Geeezz! I just wanted to know if that was the same "chirps" that I heard on "The Tuth Calling All Coyotes W/ ***** Anderson"...You guys are crazy!
Posts: 241 | From: SE IDAHO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
RedRabbit
Member # 796

Icon 1 posted February 08, 2006 07:47 PM      Profile for RedRabbit   Email RedRabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, whats the deal with not being able to say someones name?
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted February 08, 2006 07:54 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
He's Probably one of those ****** O’***** ******* who live down on the *********** near ***** .

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 08, 2006 10:29 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
No prob. Red. You can say anyone's name, unless it's a banned word. Heavens no, R andy Anderson ain't a banned word.

Tim, you are mistaken, dude. He ain't an ****** , and he don't live in ***** .

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31492 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted February 09, 2006 03:16 AM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
My mistake,

I must have been thinking about Joe [Wink]

--------------------
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
RedRabbit
Member # 796

Icon 11 posted February 09, 2006 08:59 AM      Profile for RedRabbit   Email RedRabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Joe? Oh! never mind its none of my buisness.
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 09, 2006 09:29 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Just a joke, dude. After you have been around a while, you will understand. Some of these guys have been on the boards for 5-10 years and probably that many different message boards. It's difficult to bring a new guy up to speed when you don't know everybody; takes time. If you have a lot of spare time you can read some of the back pages. One guy registered and said howdy....and he didn't make another post for three months, while he was reading the whole enchilada. Now, that's committment!

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

RedRabbit
Member # 796

Icon 1 posted February 09, 2006 09:52 AM      Profile for RedRabbit   Email RedRabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
I know it an inside deal. I was just joking too. I get to looking around on some of these post and get caught up on some of the most mundane topics. I can only read so much of that, but some of its informative.
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2006 03:28 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Vic said
....Now is this "chirp" issued by the female, pre-coitus,or post penetration? Does it start out low, then reach a crescendo,or are the "chirps" furtive and shrill?
Are these "estrus chirps", solicited to an all ready present male? or does the female elicit these chirps as she "walks the wash" on her midnight sojourns?
Does it attract other males to the area in hopes of sinking the pink, or merely attract the voyeuristic, sub-alpha males to peek over the fence and watch?
---------------------------------------------------------------

Leonard said
just answer the man's question
---------------------------------------------------------------
Vic, since the coyote is monestrus and the female is receptive for only a few days of the year the males produce sperm and are fertile only about four months of the year. Spermatogenesis usually begins in Oct. or early Nov.
The males androgen and testosterone levels are some times not high enough in Feb to be interested in breeding when the female is receptive. The females have evolved a "female solicitation behavior" designed to arouse the male at that time. This includes pawing at his flanks, sometimes to the extent of wearing oval bald patches there, and an enticing play behavior that looks exactly like a puppy attempting to solicit play from an adult coyote. The female leaps back and forth in front of the male, sometimes with her head and chest on the ground and her rump and tail up high,then bounds away while issuing very high pitched excited yipes or chirps, if you will. Obviously these would be mated pairs.
Some callers that I have been corresponding with have been having luck bringing coyotes in with that call when nothing else has worked for them.
Gary, JD, Brent, Jim ???? Anyone want to share your experiences with this vocalization?

IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2006 03:42 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Good reply. So, what are you using to mimic the chirp?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2006 03:51 PM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
So where can I buy one of these post penetration chirp calls [Confused] Does R. Anderson have them out yet? [Wink]

[ February 10, 2006, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: onecoyote ]

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas.....Average minds discuss events.....Small minds discuss people.....Eleanor Roosevelt.

Posts: 893 | From: Walker Lake Nevada. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2006 04:07 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Danny and Leonard, actually Lohman produces the "She Howler" that Ronnie designed for that very purpose. I field tested Ronnie's prototype for Lohman two or three years ago and videoed several coyotes that I called in with it. Lohman provides that video with each howler that they sell. I haven't seen it yet. They never provided me with a copy or a production howler or even a kiss my --- ooops sorry Ronnie. Jeremy said he just bought one and enjoyed the video. I don't know how much they used.
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2006 04:09 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
BTW Danny they are PRE-penetration chirps. No need
to solicit something that already happened, is it? [Smile]

Tim Behle
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2006 04:13 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Danny,

The post penetration sounds just like a twist off cap and a bic lighter. [Wink]

--------------------
an ass kickin'.

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2006 04:16 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Very, very good Tim. I'm going to Globe tomorrow. Buy you a beer?
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2006 04:25 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
I have one of them She Howler prototypes, and also got no "instructions".

With Ronnie's permission I made a She Howler Replica, that reportedly made the esterous chirp, without ever knowing what the sound was.

Danny made a brief mention that someone "took" that idea and is trying to make money off of it. I just hope I wasn't involved, by being ripped off too.

Don't feel bad Rich, Danny told me to kiss his ass, and it didn't feel good at all. You're not missing out on anything.

But if it makes you feel better what the heck... kiss my ass. [Smile]

Krusty  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2006 04:28 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
only a week and you are starting to sound a little fruity?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2006 04:28 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Just kidding....how do you like your new ride? [Smile]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2006 05:57 PM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
I've used the female chirps during the last two winters, about mid. Feb. to March is when I started using them, as my ace in the hole sound that I hadn't used all year. I had success with the sound, all by itself. The first day I used the sound two years ago, all I took out calling was a horn howler and that's the only sound I did! In three sets, I called in and killed two females. I saw no other coyotes on those three sets, coming or otherwise. So I've wondered ever since, were these females coming into the set looking for a possible male with another female?
Last year, I used the sound again in late Feb., but not by itself. I also used some distress after several minutes of the female distress. and I called in and killed a mix of male and female. None of them came to the call charging, which wasn't a surprise! But they came in none the less!
I'll be using the sound this weekend again, although the ranch we are going to hunt has been called very little, so I'm told. We'll also be relying on distress sounds as well!! We'll see!
It's very easy to go from the female chirp to pup distress, if ya don't really listen to yourself!

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2006 07:25 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
As with all coyote vocalizations, the resident coyotes will approach to investigate the new coyote, regardless of sex. Attributing human logic to a coyotes response is usually a mistake. One of my favorite posts from PM was from the fellow who
"blew a female invitational howl and a female came in to it. Was this coyote a lesbian?"

keekee
Member # 465

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2006 07:48 PM      Profile for keekee   Author's Homepage   Email keekee         Edit/Delete Post 
One of my favorite posts from PM was from the fellow who
"blew a female invitational howl and a female came in to it. Was this coyote a lesbian?"

LOL....Now thats funny!

We been useing the chirps some. And have called coyotes while useing it. I use a criter call standard and also my howler to get the sounds.

When I use the chirps, I tend to start the stand with them, then switch over to howls and puppy destress as the stand goes on. We have had coyotes show up to just the chips. Most of the time the go strait down wind. We havent had no hard chargers. And they have been a mix of male and female coyotes responding.

Brent

--------------------
Kee's Custom Calls
http://www.keescalls.com

Posts: 295 | From: Southern Ohio | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2006 07:58 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
"So where can I buy one of these post penetration chirp calls Does R. Anderson have them out yet?"
--------------
Danny,
You mean R. PRIMOS right?

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2006 08:55 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich,

I tried to make a thread asking about the fur sale, but you were the only one to respond ( And I thought you were just yanking my chain ) Before Joyce, Judy, Nancy and Sue decided to turn the thread into some kind of Artsy Fartsy Estrogen thread. [Eek!]

It was simply out of self preservation that I went out and bought an 8# jug of H50BMG powder and two boxes of 210 grain Bergers. I'm going to the 1K match at Three Points in the morning.

If I can bring home wood, I'll buy the beer and mail you one!

--------------------
an ass kickin'.

onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted February 11, 2006 09:42 PM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
Rich, I'm not sure anymore buddy. All I tried to do was ask where I could find one of these calls or sounds.
R. A. seems to always be the guy the has the new sounds. To be honest, I'm not sure I belong in this forum anymore.
You ask an honest question and somehow it turns against you. I'm about at the end of my rope.

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas.....Average minds discuss events.....Small minds discuss people.....Eleanor Roosevelt.

Posts: 893 | From: Walker Lake Nevada. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters