The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » ask the panel of experts (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  12  13  14 

Author Topic: ask the panel of experts
Bryan J
Cap and Trade Weenie
Member # 106

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2010 11:03 AM      Profile for Bryan J   Email Bryan J         Edit/Delete Post 
I have been misting to cover my sent. When I get yotes down wind they stand there for a second or two and are off like a shot. Will sent lock clothing help?
Posts: 599 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2010 11:25 AM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Dave Allen,

If you incest on picking up that lariat rope, you will pay the price! [Mad]

Your constant pot-sturring is really getting old! I'm getting lots of private messages from new members who are tired of you bullying them! Just so you know, shirts are $79.99 and I'll set aside a half dozen for ya. PM me your credit card # so i can bill ya. [Smile]

Now For the rest of you guys: this thread has really gotten off track and threw private eamils behind your backs, we are about to lock it down! Don't cross the line!

2010 totals:

Banned members-Kokopelli and Dave Allen
Number of members about to be banned-765

"My finger is on the trigger and the safety is off"

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2010 11:37 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Jeepers! This little bulldog has turned into quit a heel biter. However, after reviewing the whole incident in the back room, we will give them a time out rather than banishment. 30 days in the cooler. I hope this will become a teachable moment for the rest of you slackers. You guys are truly awesome!

Good hunting. LB

edit: koko, Dave, you have mail. [Smile]

[ February 10, 2010, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31532 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2010 11:40 AM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
UHH, HELLOOOOOO????

Will Jack Yote eat his sister Jill Yote if he is really, really hungry?

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Greenside
seems to know what he is talking about
Member # 10

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2010 12:20 PM      Profile for Greenside           Edit/Delete Post 
Ya LB, Me and 2dogs have been chums forever. Here's a picture of the lion we spotted last November. It took two years to catch him on film. Thank God for a good camera

-

Here's a picture of the lion when he was way out at the 1/2 mile mark. It's the pink in the middle of the picture

-

EDIT: IF anyone has the inklination, fill free to download the picture for your screen saver

[ February 10, 2010, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: Greenside ]

Posts: 719 | From: IA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2010 01:20 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
So I don't get banned by Lonny, I have a question for DAA.

What's the real max load for a 22-250?

While you're at it, a .223 and 243Win as well, they seem to be pretty popular. Maybe we could get this thread tacked so we don't have to answer all these questions again?

Lonny, BTW, you're doing an excellent job!

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted February 10, 2010 01:30 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree! Good job Java, uh, LONNY! Any more TOS ideas? Who's monitoring the other boards? They might be talking shit about us!

Dennis, are you sure that's a lion? From this distance, it could be a sheep or a tractor?

By the way, next year's hunt will be at the Space Needle. We are trying very hard to keep the cost under $1,000 per member.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2010 01:30 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard;
Isn't this just what happened over at P.M.????

Power hungry new guy comes in and takes over????

I'm just sayin...........

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7618 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2010 01:34 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Bryan, just got back from a hugely successful hunt.

That cover scent shit is a load of crap. Do not fall for it. Call them in close and you won't need a high dollar rangefinder! Either.

Good hunting. LB

edit: koko, DUH! The most popular message board on the 'net? They must be doing something right?

[ February 10, 2010, 01:37 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2010 01:42 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
email from Barry: Hunt cost next year will be $999 per day. Included is a full color program signed by all four of the brain trustees! Suitable for framing!

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2010 01:49 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
So what do you guys do with these yotes after you shoot um? Heard they make good dog food any recipies? If I shoot um with my .17 hmr will the bullet hurt my dog if he eats it? Whats all this talk about a backroom.I cant find no backroom. I havent got my first desert dog yet but with help from all you pros on an awesome site like this it wont take long. Is it best to hide a ladder in a tree or a boosh?

signed
YotesyerXtreme

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2010 01:57 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok ok I just saw the biggest yote of my life he was sleeping in a field the pikshr is below.

Shoud I call him or bait him
and where on the ladder do I put the bait?

Yoteslayerxtreme

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2010 02:02 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, Yotesteller. This is a great place to learn and share your knowledge with the best pro staff in the bisness! The back room is only visible to bootlickers and wannabes. You gotta earn respect. Post four photos of every blessed coyote you shoot, like hyperworks. It will get you noticed and in short order, you can even get to be PRO STAFF. LB

edit: it's kinda hard to tell from your picture, he's a big boy, for sure! Or, a tractor?

[ February 10, 2010, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2010 02:08 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
With my hmr it may be messy do I post hole side up or hole side down?
now theres two yotes in the field piksur below

yoteslayerxtreme

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2010 02:19 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
MAN! You got the eyes of an eagle!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2010 03:12 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, just fill the case with your favorite powder (I like ones that smell good) and put your favorite bullet on top. The max. loads shown in the books are for lawyers and pansies.

Have your favorite in-law try the load out first though. Just to make sure there isn't anything wrong with your rifle that would make the load unsafe.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2010 03:13 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, Gawdammit, if Lonny gets to be a TOS PoPo, I wanna be one too!!!! [Mad] Im pretty good at talkin shit and pissin people off when I feel like it.

And DAA, you aint off the hook neither. Hunt is on in Utah and your the man to put us all on em!!

Lonny, good job on bannin KoKo. That fella has been causin waaaaayyyy to much problems lateley....

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2010 03:22 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Andy, your're in! Ya got to be a hardass though and use the ban hammer often or these jerks will run ya like a dog! [Mad]

Just don't let Leonard know about us planning to overthrow this joint and take control. [Cool]

See ya in the back room [Wink]

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2010 03:43 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Lonny!!

I got a great idea on the overthrow. Lets ban all Californians!!! [Smile] Just like in the real government, that would be a huge step!!! [Razz]

--------------------
Andy

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2010 03:44 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yup, its a shame guys like that have to riun it for the rest of us. Whut he do, I forget?

Andy"s a good ol boy, we need guys like him to keep the place setled down some. They are just kidding about plotting a Palace Koo....I think?

Biggest hunting site on the 'net! WooHoo!

Good hunting. LB

Take it easy, Andy. You don't want all this authority to go to your head, quiet yet anyway.

[ February 10, 2010, 03:46 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2010 03:52 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
HI I HAVE A NEW RUGER 1022 AND I BOUGHT A BRAND NEW LEEPOLD MARK4 SNIPER SCOPE FOR IT, SWEET SETUP, HOW SHOULD I SIGHT IT IN? I NOTICED IT HAS QUIET A BIT OF KICK MAKES IT HARD TO SEE THE HIT IN THE SCOPE IS THERE A WAY TO REDUCE KICK

SWEET BOARD
HOOTIE OUT.

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2010 03:58 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, T hunter. You han have that beast ported. Might help some? I'd trade that Leapold, they don't hold zero fer beans! Get a Beeman 3x9. Darn good glass 4 the money!

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2010 04:01 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
I am getting blow-off-ified...HELLLLLLLo!!!!!

See, I know this guy that claims he put a big 'ol pile of skinned yotee carcasses behind the barn. I am pretty sure he is a REAL fur guy. But he said, "the coyotes never eat at the pile of naked dead yotee." I think any self-repecting, hungry, songdog would eat a dead yotee.

I saw a sonddog poop one time with a candy bar wrapper, cricket, paper-clip and plum seed all in one poop. So anyway again, will a songdog eat a songdog you think? I know you guys know way more about coyotes here at this awesome site. So hep a brutha, out!

P.S. Any recipes for coyotee enchiladas...mmmmm. Boy if even if coyotees won't each other, I might BWAAHAAHAA

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
3 Toes
El Guapo
Member # 1327

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2010 04:26 PM      Profile for 3 Toes           Edit/Delete Post 
Mr LOCO, in short order the answer is no, except if they are hungry and then they will, so the answer is yes, but once I shot a coyote and it never got ate, so the answer is no, except for once I shot a three legged cripple eating another coyote I shot, so the answer is yes, but have only seen it twice or maybe three times so the answer is maybe. As for coyote enchiladas. I have a recipe. It is the same recipe I use for quiche. Make it up and put it in the oven at 325 degrees. Meanwhile get out a t-bone steak, grill it, and when its done, eat it. As for the coyote enchiladas (or quiche), continue to let it bake, but otherwise ignore it.

--------------------
Violence may not be the best option....
But it is still an option.

Posts: 1034 | From: out yonder | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2010 04:48 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok you too, settel it down.

Loco, consider this your only warning. If you ask that question one more time, you will be taken to the back room for a whuppin. We aint blind and seen your question. Its being discussed in the backroom. When we have a great answer, like when this coyote either eats that dead stinkin bastard or dies of hunger, we will tell you. So CHILL!!! or Else!!!

3 Toes, your lucky. You aint on the damned panel and I was gonna write you up for answerin kwestions out of tern, but since you gave a great answer from multpal real live xperences, we will let it slide this time.

Signed,
Po Po

--------------------
Andy

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  12  13  14 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters