The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » ask the panel of experts (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  12  13  14 

Author Topic: ask the panel of experts
Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2010 08:02 PM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
Smithers: the best tactical rifle is an AR. If you don't believe me just ask Leonard.

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1924 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2010 09:03 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
AzNative!! An AR is an assault rifle!! Hence the A & the R [Smile]
I need a good, suppressed, bolt action tactical rifle.
Stat, Trapper John...

IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2010 09:31 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really close to locking this thread, so consider yourselves warned! [Mad]

This sight is awsum [Eek!]

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2010 09:45 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like everyone to give a warm HM welcome to two of our newest sponsers!

Aunt Jemima Syrup and Barska Optics!!! [Cool]

Flapjacks just ain't the same unless they are slathered with the best syrup in the business. Click on the link and take a look around!! [Big Grin]

Barska has really come a long way in the past couple of weeks and their new scope specifically desinged for predators is sure to be a hit with an economical price! Click on the link and checkout the HM gear shop for more details.

Andy, Leonard, if he makes it through the upcoming coup, and myself are going to Africa and Alaska on HM business this year and you can bet Aunt Jemima Syrup will be in our bags and Barska scopes will be on our rifles! [Cool]

[ February 10, 2010, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: Lonny ]

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 11, 2010 12:01 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, and That surup makes dang good mosquito repellent, in a pinch. Mrs Butterworth sucks. Nobody better talk about any surup but our sponsers product as that would get you sideways with our TOS and Lonny is just itching to hang your scalp on his lodge pole.

Hey, I know what would be fun! What's your favorite Michael Jackson CD?

edit: bet it's either Killer or Billie Jean!

Good hunting. elbe

[ February 11, 2010, 12:02 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted February 11, 2010 04:40 AM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, now that you mention it elbe, I did read somewhere on another board where Kelly Jackson was slamming AJ surrup. It was a pancake board and he used a different name, but I'm pretty sure it was him....something about substituting corn glootten for shugger.
Just thought I'd mention it. Hate to throw a fellow Okie under the bus, but hey...we are all 'embasidors of the sport'...right? Besides, I was hoping to weasel an admin job out of this....or atleast a AJ pro staff position.

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted February 11, 2010 06:05 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Whoaaa there big fella. Geordie, I think maybe the AJ prostaff position could be doable for a guy with your stature in the world. But a Okie on the HM staff? I think we will see another Democrat president before that happens.

Im sorry buddy. I have to admit, for Okies, the ones here on HM are pretty good fellers, but just dont think we can trust em for runnin the show. Specially sense me an Lonnys fixin to throw elbies ass out and take over.

But thats all for PM and backroom talk. You caint know bout that stuff....

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Jackson
SECOND PLACE/GARTH BROOKS LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted February 11, 2010 06:16 AM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
G - what the hell are you talking about.
Both times I called a coyote in this year, I yelled

Ain't JA MOMA ON THE PANCAKE BOX

Stop them in thier tracks everytime.

Now that is sponser support.

PS you can see it all in my upcoming TV show.
AJ will be a proud sponser for sure.

Posts: 997 | From: Comanche OK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Greenside
seems to know what he is talking about
Member # 10

Icon 1 posted February 11, 2010 06:38 AM      Profile for Greenside           Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a picture of a large coydog that 2dog,my BFF(Best Friend Forever), took in snowfly 2000. It's at the 1/2 mark and if you look carefully yew'll notice that the top of his head stands above the fifth strand of that 5 strand Bob wire fence. Were quessen that he weighs over 70+ LB and at first thought he must be a wolf untill we saw his beade black eyes. The professor says when you see black eyes you now you dealing with a coydog.

-

EDIT:I should mention the system that me and 2dog came up with over the last 40 yrs on quessing coyoties weight. Works on the same principal as using your mildots on your fancy lewpold scopes for yardage estimets, except we use the strands of bob wire for etimating weight.. This is how it works and weve found that with the 5 coyote wheve taken so far, its vary accurate. If the back of the coyote is even with the first strand of bob the coyote is 10LB"S or less, 2nd strand it's 20LB'S or less, thrid strand it's 30pounds or less, 4th is 40 or less and 5th strand is 50 or less. If it's taller than the 5th, it's a BIGUN and all the rules are thrown out the truck window.

This system also works on 3 strand bob except we add 20LB and then subtract 15 from the totals. There are a few faribles that you have to fudge in at times, one is how many pups the female is carrying but over time it bacically washes out.

EDIT The EDIT: And don't forget the coyotes in the rear view mirror weigh way more than they appear

[ February 11, 2010, 09:58 AM: Message edited by: Greenside ]

Posts: 719 | From: IA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted February 11, 2010 06:46 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
That's my pic, Greenside. Did I give you permission to use it!? If I ever see you!!! Consider yourself lucky I will be golfing & not have time to pummel you!! [Smile] -VIP
Greenside
seems to know what he is talking about
Member # 10

Icon 1 posted February 11, 2010 06:57 AM      Profile for Greenside           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Smitie, but that's not your picture. This one was taken at the same place but a different time.

I know you guys have a hard time beleifing me and 2dog on the coydog, but are experiences are different than your"s and are experiences don't lye.

Good Hunting

[ February 11, 2010, 07:05 AM: Message edited by: Greenside ]

Posts: 719 | From: IA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Knows what it's all about
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted February 11, 2010 07:43 AM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, this is the most informative thread ever, Leonard, will you pin it at the top of the forum?
What I've learned from the experts so far is this: Ruger 10/22 ported, with a Leeopold Telescope, not too large of an objective though. Smear Aunt Jemima all over the Coffee Beans and make sure you see the CoyWolves eyes so you can tell that it's not a Black Cougar. Was that right? Thanks for the help, great forum. Where do I buy some shirts Leonard?

Posts: 857 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted February 11, 2010 07:52 AM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Kelly, had to do it. I have ambitions you know. Its tough to break into this 'Sport'. I mean come on.....you know they don't just give those prostaff positions away. besides, they are worth alot of money.

No problem Andy. When your done with your hostile takeover of HM, I am gonna head up a mutiny. elbe is working with me behind the scenes to overthrow the overthrowers!(he's on to you. Must be a spy amungst ya. Better shut her down for awhile....all in the name of suckurity ya know!) Besides, you can't prove I is or I aint an Okie....hid the ol' birf certifcate long ago.

Member Ant Jemima Prostaff
"Real syrup is sticky"

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted February 11, 2010 08:28 AM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Cross J,

Thank you for the information you provided about Kelly.... You seem to have the right qualities to join the HM Family. You aren't afraid to backstab or break the legs of a friend. We need that! Sometime tonight a non-descript van will drop a package off at your doorstep. Heed the directions of the tape recorded message in the package as it will self destruct in 10 seconds....

To the rest of you guys:

We Moderators do not enjoy banning people! 99% of the people on this board are great! It is the 1% that makes me HATE this job... And HATE the people involved, and HATE life in general! [Mad]

I'm thinking about enacting some sort of bounty system where if you provide information about another member posting defamatory rhetoric on other boards you will be rewarded with sponser merchandise! [Razz] Good idea? [Confused]

2010 Totals:

Banned by Lonny- 3. Koko, Dave Allen, and Kelly
Banned by Leonard- 0 [Frown]
Banned by Andy-0 [Frown]

"Two more kills and I'll be an Ace!"

Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted February 11, 2010 08:59 AM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Greenside,

I belive you are mistaken abou the identity of that coyote.... That coyote is Red.

I first saw Red circa snowfly 1967. Red was a wandering juvenile at the time with no territory. My Bro and I got a shot at him circa 1974 and by then Red had a deep, muscular chest, sharp teeth, and was the dominant coyote in the area.

My next chance at Red was winter circa 1996 with a strong noreaster blowing. My sextant took a false reading and Red was closer to 150 yards away rather than 900. My bro and I believe Red and his clan were responsible for the caribou killed south of interstate 80 last winter. Red will not tolerate any cougars iin his area either.

TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted February 11, 2010 10:17 AM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Greenside, I believe you on your estimut method, we've been using 10 pound coyotes for fence spacers for years.

Smithers we need to find a better answer to your delima than golf. I was just stumped and with Lonny in the mood he was in I had to thinkk of sumptin. We'll start a new thread and maybe have some benefit auctions for you so you won't have to work so hard.

Alright elbee, I got the backroom threads you needed copied so you guys better watch your back doors, you's is screwed!

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 11, 2010 10:34 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I can see that somebody around here has made a very detailed study of certain things.

I like the idea of a snitch system because I see my friend Andy becoming another "Ragin Cagen" type of character. He needs to be excommunicated and reinstated three or four times, sort od a rope a dope? Soften him up and run him out of town if he doesn't start centering his ass kissing, like it was with John Henry, if you remember?

Lonny, you make my heart swell with pride, you rascal! BFF! Barry has noothing on you. Stick with me and we might make a few bucks and score free rides on the pancake surup corporate jet.

We"re watching you Andy! I'm about to pull this conversation and discuss it in the backroom.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted February 11, 2010 11:14 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
For real. I just saw this post on PM:

" shot a yote with the hornady 30v-max from about 30 feet it hit with a thump and put it down fast.. the cci 30grain hollor point with blow a hole in a yote"

This was a thread about 22 magnums for coyotes...and I thought I was making this crap up [Roll Eyes] ..

[ February 11, 2010, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: Lone Howl ]

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dan Carey
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted February 11, 2010 11:20 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
The next thing you know they will be killing those yotes with their Daisy Red Rider.
predatorhunter
Member # 3559

Icon 1 posted February 11, 2010 11:24 AM      Profile for predatorhunter   Email predatorhunter         Edit/Delete Post 
This site is sooo awlsome; after reading Lonnys' post I rushed rite out and bought a new Barska skope and put it in my bag,and put the AJ on my gun! Now I ready to go to afrika with ya. Just one question though; how do keep Airport Security from lickin' my barrel and causing the AJ to be off zero? If a moderator would answer I would feel so Important. I could tell all my friends I've got connections! Even though he won'tbelieve me.

--------------------
In efforts to conserve electricity,the light at the end of the tunnel has now been turned off!

Posts: 76 | From: kentucky | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
predatorhunter
Member # 3559

Icon 1 posted February 11, 2010 11:28 AM      Profile for predatorhunter   Email predatorhunter         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey don't knock my Red Rider! It's a yote killin' Mochiene!

--------------------
In efforts to conserve electricity,the light at the end of the tunnel has now been turned off!

predatorhunter
Member # 3559

Icon 1 posted February 11, 2010 11:39 AM      Profile for predatorhunter   Email predatorhunter         Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of my Red Rider, I shot my first turkey with it this year! The manager of the frozen food section didn't like it much; but,hey it was turkey season and I had my huntin licence!

--------------------

Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted February 11, 2010 12:27 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, fuck it. You want ruthless?

3 Toes, Loco, Cross J and Brad. You guys are banned! [Mad] Ive had too many complaints and now warned by the head cheese. Besides, that puts me ahead of Lonny in bannings so you guys are just out.

AJ Syrup. Plate likkin good!!!

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 11, 2010 12:28 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
mini editorial

We're not making any of this up. This is all culled from current and archival threads on another board that shall remain anonymous. <wink>

Yes, we have a pro bono lawyer on staff, and they have somebody who has studied law, (whatever that means) but we have other things to do with our resources than defend ourselves against frivolous lawsuits, or more correctly the threat of lawsuits.

All of this stuff is an accurate and hilarious example of the kind of traffic seen everyday on the "most popular hunting website" on the 'net. Yes, it's a joke and the joke is on those guys.

And, I'm sure they can all laugh along with us. It's all in good humor. [Wink]

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

skoal
Member # 1492

Icon 1 posted February 11, 2010 01:14 PM      Profile for skoal           Edit/Delete Post 
A.J slurrup sho am good tastun!

PROSTAFF:
Charmin
Bounty
And
Velveeta

Posts: 251 | From: desert s.w. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  12  13  14 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters