The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » california varmint callers association

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: california varmint callers association
walt
Knows what it's all about
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted February 25, 2003 07:07 PM      Profile for walt   Email walt         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone know what going on with the california
varmint callers web site?

Posts: 16 | From: rialto ,ca | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2003 07:38 AM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
Walt, I'd like to know myself. [Confused] Frank was the guy that put that web site together and I think it was the very first one on the net that had to do with predator hunting. A few years ago it had over 100,000 hits on it and at the time I think it was the best site on the net. If it's gone it would be a big blow to predator hunting on the internet, [Frown] Good Hunting

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas.....Average minds discuss events.....Small minds discuss people.....Eleanor Roosevelt.

Posts: 893 | From: Walker Lake Nevada. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2003 04:28 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Frank built the site, and Jim Struble had been maintaining it for the past few years. But, Jim died last year, perhaps Mavis lost interest or needed to cut down on expenses?

I couldn't bring it up/504

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted February 27, 2003 08:37 AM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
If I knew how to do it I would. Maybe Frank could get it back up for the time being. The site has some of the history of predator hunting on it that's hard to find. Plus the fact it was the California Varmint Callers site and that club is a big part of the history of the sport. Somebody needs to do something? [Frown]

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas.....Average minds discuss events.....Small minds discuss people.....Eleanor Roosevelt.

RayG
Member # 9

Icon 1 posted February 27, 2003 12:04 PM      Profile for RayG   Email RayG         Edit/Delete Post 
The facts. The Host went belly up. Doug is trying to get it back on line with another host. We'll just have to wait and see.

Ray

--------------------
RG

If you don't vote, don't offer your opinions about the outcome.

Posts: 34 | From: Corvallis, MT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Greenside
seems to know what he is talking about
Member # 10

Icon 1 posted February 27, 2003 07:08 PM      Profile for Greenside           Edit/Delete Post 
http://web.archive.org/web/20010216103958/http://www.varmintcallers.com/wile.htm

Is this picture Danny?

[ February 27, 2003, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: Greenside ]

Posts: 719 | From: IA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted February 28, 2003 09:28 AM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
Ray, thank you, I sure hope things work out. Hey Ray....what's going on with the Riverside Chapter nowadays? Are they still together? Greenside, yes that's the old fart. [Big Grin] Frank helped me write that article, I kinda liked it. Good Hunting

--------------------

Greenside
seems to know what he is talking about
Member # 10

Icon 1 posted February 28, 2003 12:34 PM      Profile for Greenside           Edit/Delete Post 
There's still a pretty good chunk of the varmint callers on http://www.archive.org/ It takes a little work but it's there.

Dennis

Posts: 719 | From: IA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
RayG
Member # 9

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2003 08:01 AM      Profile for RayG   Email RayG         Edit/Delete Post 
OneCoyote, Yes the Rebels are still active. Not very, but still hangin in. There are only half a dozen that hunt and only 4 that hunt often. Things are picking up a bit. As for the site, I have been hounding Doug to get it back up as soon as possible. Seem to be having difficuty convincing soneone that Jim is gone and Mavis now owns the site, This is the glitch in the transfer.

Ray

[ March 01, 2003, 08:03 AM: Message edited by: RayG ]

--------------------
RG

If you don't vote, don't offer your opinions about the outcome.

Posts: 34 | From: Corvallis, MT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted March 01, 2003 08:50 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that, in itself, is comforting. I hope they get things sorted out. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2003 12:08 PM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
Ray G. as old Bob S. would say...."thank you for the good things report". [Smile] Ray did you hear anything about Bob not being with us anymore? [Confused] I have heard that O.C. and the H.D. are still together, [Smile] I don't know about S.G. or any of the other chapters? Did they have that Jim Struble hunt again this year? [Confused] I went to the check-in last year and saw some faces I have not seen for a few years, [Smile] I really enjoyed that. I like to see us all get together someday soon. Riverside, O.C., S.G., H.D. and anyone else who was in the club, it would be fun for sure., [Wink] Good Hunting.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2003 12:45 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
"Ray did you hear anything about Bob not being with us anymore?"

Danny, what does that mean? Are you talking about Bob Storey?

San Gabriel is no more. We canceled all associated charters. Then revised and combined their by-laws with the Stae by-laws, which I then wrote; and reincorporated as the umbrella for the nonprofit California State Varmint Callers Association.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2003 02:56 PM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, someone told me Bob Stinburger retired, moved to Arizona bought a small ranch then passed away. [Frown] I don't remember who told me that, [Confused] I hope it's not true. Leonard, if I understand you right, San Gabriel is history and it's members are now part of the California (State) Varmint Callers right? I'm lost nowdays when it comes to the club stuff, but it is nice to know things are still going. [Wink]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2003 03:12 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
For sure, Bob moved to Arizona, soon after his grandson drowned in the pool when they lived in Orange County. I didn't hear anything about him dying?

If so, it's still hard to believe. He could sure rack up some kills. On that Yuma hunt, we took second with six coyotes and he and Rick Rebel won with six dogs and a cat.

Just think of it as San Gabriel Valley Chapter changing it's name to CSVCA. Agreed to by all parties.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted March 05, 2003 07:53 PM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, I don't know the story about Bob to be true, I just heard it from someone, I sure hope it's not true. [Frown] I always liked old Bob, he did alot for the CSVCA when he was the prez. I remember when he couldn't bring back much.....then he learned where to go. As I recall years ago, Granville and I seen him down in Baja. He didn't see us and he hunted the road behind us and did alright, we beat him but not by much. I'm happy to see the CSVCA around no matter what you want to call it, that's good news, [Smile] Good Hunting

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters