The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Does anyone else have the same problem?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does anyone else have the same problem?
lupus caninus
Knows what it's all about
Member # 484

Icon 1 posted December 18, 2004 06:11 PM      Profile for lupus caninus   Email lupus caninus         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys,

I'm wondering how many of you have trouble finding land to hunt. I've move around a bit and have setteled back here in TX only to discover I should have invested in a company that makes those unfriendly little yellow signs. I live in East Texas and I have been unable to locate a place hunt.
So, my question to you is. Do you have the same problem or do you have the solution.

[ December 20, 2004, 08:45 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

Posts: 16 | From: East TX | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
GUTPILE
Member # 448

Icon 1 posted December 18, 2004 07:05 PM      Profile for GUTPILE           Edit/Delete Post 
Just keep asking. That's what I did. It's paying off. Ranchers don't like coyotes.........

--------------------
Guns have two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS.

TOO FEW PEOPLE MAKE TOO MANY DECISIONS FOR TOO MANY PEOPLE

Posts: 132 | From: Curlew Wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Byron South
Member # 213

Icon 1 posted December 18, 2004 07:53 PM      Profile for Byron South   Author's Homepage   Email Byron South         Edit/Delete Post 
Lupus,

I ive in North East Texas and can feel your pain. My only advise is to keep trying. Once deer season is over your luck should be better.

Byron

--------------------
"Coming to the Call" predator hunting videos. Volumes I, II, III and IV. Order two or more and pay no S&H www.comingtothecall.com

Posts: 313 | From: Texas | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 18, 2004 10:27 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the New Huntmasters, lupuscaninus. Glad to have you on board.

Your problem is one that I am familiar, and why I don't spend much time in Texas. I like good old Public BLM Land.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31508 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
lupus caninus
Member # 484

Icon 1 posted December 19, 2004 05:33 AM      Profile for lupus caninus   Email lupus caninus         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, for the encouragement. I'll keep asking.
Hey Byron,
I sent you an email. I just now thought about it or I would have mentioned it in the email. Do you use arial or Sat photos? If not let me know and I'll send you an example.

Rob

Barndog
Member # 255

Icon 1 posted December 20, 2004 07:55 AM      Profile for Barndog   Author's Homepage   Email Barndog         Edit/Delete Post 
Try leaving dead coyotes at the end of a farmer/ranchers gate with your number and a note saying that you had killed the coyotes near their place and if they have any problems to give you a call. If that doesn't work, find out where the farmer/rancher goes to church, become their friends, this also helps things on the other end with the wife and kids, might learn to be a better neighbor along the way. Good luck.
Posts: 185 | From: Idaho | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 20, 2004 08:44 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
leaving dead coyotes at the end of a farmer/ranchers gate with your number and a note saying that you had killed the coyotes near their place and if they have any problems to give you a call.
Barndog, that's one of the best suggestions I have heard, in a long time.

Going to church can't hurt, either.

Hmmm? On the other hand. Wonder if the local law enforcement might cite you for litering, or what we call, out here: public display ?

Still, small risk, I think; and worth a try, especially in rural areas.

Good hunting. LB

[ December 20, 2004, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31508 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Byron South
Member # 213

Icon 1 posted December 20, 2004 10:54 AM      Profile for Byron South   Author's Homepage   Email Byron South         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,

When you said "that's one of the best suggestions I have heard, in a long time", I felt sure you were talking about the suggestion of going to church [Roll Eyes] . That's the best idea I've heard of in a long time. Thanks Barndog.

LC,

Not much. I have looked at them on the internet but the pictures are usualy outdated. Theres so much logging going on and tree planting that maps from just last year are worthless. I rely pretty much on the old fashion method. Good luck finding some spots.

Byron [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Coming to the Call" predator hunting videos. Volumes I, II, III and IV. Order two or more and pay no S&H www.comingtothecall.com

Posts: 313 | From: Texas | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Thomas
Member # 482

Icon 1 posted December 20, 2004 01:56 PM      Profile for Thomas   Email Thomas         Edit/Delete Post 
Going to to Church is a real good I deal , I don't know about hanging up a old dead coyote near the mail box for the farmers wife to see.

get up early and go to the nearest cafe where all the pickups are parked, there is where the ranchers are tell them you don't deer hunt you just love to shoots coyotes and tell them you know the difference between a cow and a yote.
that is the way I do it.

Arkansas Frog.

Posts: 23 | From: Mtn. Home Ark | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
lupus caninus
Member # 484

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2004 03:40 PM      Profile for lupus caninus   Email lupus caninus         Edit/Delete Post 
Byron,

You are correct about the arials being out of date. Although they are out of date I usually can find some updated info as far as new road construction subdivisions and over lay the info on the arial. In some of the areas in Panola County they have heavy logging and yet the 1995 arials are quite accurate since most people who tree farm stay tree farming so you can almost always count on the same or simular type of vegitation. Just a thought though. I'll send you a rough job on a tract of land I just did in Wood County. Oh and it is also easy to overlay the USGS Quad. Just another option.

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters