The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » First blood and first snow trip.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: First blood and first snow trip.
Doggitter
Knows what it's all about
Member # 489

Icon 1 posted January 02, 2005 08:52 PM      Profile for Doggitter   Email Doggitter         Edit/Delete Post 
Took the new to me Grand Cherokee and the new .17 Rem. CZ over the pass this weekend and drew first blood with the 8th shot from the gun and did a shake down with the Jeep. Both worked pretty durned good. [Big Grin]
 -
Turned a possible double into this single in short manner. [Frown]
 -
Even with 15 miles at bumper to bumper stop and go on the hiway back still averaged 17.5mpg. Think I'll keep both for a while. Loren

Posts: 273 | From: Oregon rain forest | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
catskin
Member # 51

Icon 1 posted January 02, 2005 09:05 PM      Profile for catskin           Edit/Delete Post 
Ain't that a trip. Frozen mist all day today. Nice looking coyote, you should have stopped by.
Posts: 76 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2005 06:55 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
That sure is a pretty coyote. Good job!

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Doggitter
Member # 489

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2005 07:11 PM      Profile for Doggitter   Email Doggitter         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang it anyway! I got so into making the trip and trying to get Pop on a dog I plumb forgot about heading your way. Dealing with trying to get my dad a good weekend and a dog of his own turned into quite a chore. Poor hearing, not very nimble anymore so getting to the stand, staying comfortable enough to stay still and getting back to the truck is only half of it. He wears glasses and has the self-tinting kind. They were so dark most of the time he couldn't see better than half of normal. Towards the end of the weekend he started going without. Put a real bummer on his hunt. I'm figuring on doing another hunt a week or two into Feb, you interested? Going to Elko contest in a couple weeks. Loren
Posts: 273 | From: Oregon rain forest | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
GUTPILE
Member # 448

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2005 04:41 PM      Profile for GUTPILE           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't get any better does it ?

--------------------
Guns have two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS.

TOO FEW PEOPLE MAKE TOO MANY DECISIONS FOR TOO MANY PEOPLE

Posts: 132 | From: Curlew Wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2005 07:18 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
My Wife's Grand Cherokee looks just like that! I love that car. It drives her and the kids around all week, and on the weekend it'll take me to the top of any mountain I've ever asked it to climb.

I've been seriously considering buying a second one just to use as a trapping and hunting vehicle.

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters