The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Texas Predator Pursuit Hunt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Texas Predator Pursuit Hunt
Todd Woodall
Knows what it's all about
Member # 439

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2005 04:23 PM      Profile for Todd Woodall   Author's Homepage   Email Todd Woodall         Edit/Delete Post 
Well everyone,
We just got back from our hunt with Noel in West Texas. This was a very fun hunt. We took lots of Predators and had some very good company. There were many laughs had and we gained a new friend. Noel is from Washington and was wanting to call lots of predators to study their body language and kill a few in the process. The first night the preds didnt respond very well but we still managed a few coyotes. The next few nights the action was back to normal. Noel came with a few goals, #1 was to kill a bobcat. I had talked to Noel several times before he came down and we told him not to get his hopes set too high on a cat. We hunt very good coyote country but the cats arent as plentiful. Well as you can see in the pics Noel got his cat and he was a BIG one! The biggest I have ever seen in person.
 -
The cat came in just like a coyote and never checked up. The white light to our suprise didnt bother him a bit. He came to my side of the truck but I was not going to pull the trigger until Noel got a shot. The cat hung around for a minute and decided to leave.
 -
I had the 10 gauge and was going to hold off as long as I could then take him at 50 yards if Noel couldnt get a shot. Well the cat took one last look and Noel drilled him. We knew it was a big cat but we had no idea of the trophy Noel had shot. Folks this cat is HUGE!!!We proceeded to the next stand were Noel took his first double. Here is a pic of the first coyote right before the shot.
 -
Noel put the old bang flop on both dogs and it turned out great on video. Here is the coyote during the bullet impact.
 -
We had a great time and in all took 16 coyotes, 3 fox, 2 hogs, 1 Javalina and yes one BIG cat.
Here are a few Hero pics of the hunt. Noel sure makes this cat look small. He is 6'3" just a hair over a hundred pounds. [Big Grin]
 -
Here is Skeet Jones, Jeff and I with the take of the 3rd night. Not a bad night by anyones standards. The cat was the biggest out of all of the preds killed.
 -
We had a great time and my side is still hurting from laughing so hard. Noel is pretty sharp and quick to point out the humor in any situation. We got some great footage and gained some really good bloopers for the video. Noel is a really good guy and an equilly good shot. On the last day he took a coyote running at over 200 yards with his AR-15 and drilled a coyote that ranged at 311 yards, bang flop. I wont mention the one that he missed at 20 yards, I will let him tell that story. [Big Grin] Hope you guys enjoy the pics, man I have been long winded lately.

Take it easy,

Todd

[ January 12, 2005, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: Todd Woodall ]

--------------------
Texas Predator Pursuit videos
110 hunts on 2 DVD's
www.texaspredatorpursuit.com

Posts: 181 | From: Weatherford Texas | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2005 05:11 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Todd,

Way to go!

As long as you can keep posting pictures like that, don't worry about being long winded, just keep posting.

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2005 06:08 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Well I'll be darned...

A guy from Western Washington had to go to Texas to see coyotes, imagine that. [Roll Eyes]

Krusty  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2005 07:46 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Good Job Todd. Looks like some excellant video "fer sure, fer sure" to qoute a friend.
Were all the coyotes heading up Washington way?

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2005 05:04 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Nicely done!

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
varmit hunter
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2005 08:39 AM      Profile for varmit hunter   Email varmit hunter         Edit/Delete Post 
That had to be more fun than a weekend in New Orleans with someone else's credit card.

Ronnie

--------------------
Make them pay for the wind.

Posts: 932 | From: Orange,TX | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2005 03:34 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Ronnie,

I've never tried that, but if you want to send me a credit card, I'd be happy to give it a shot!

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
GUTPILE
Member # 448

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2005 05:05 PM      Profile for GUTPILE           Edit/Delete Post 
That is just too coooooooooooooooool !
I can be adopted.

--------------------
Guns have two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS.

TOO FEW PEOPLE MAKE TOO MANY DECISIONS FOR TOO MANY PEOPLE

Posts: 132 | From: Curlew Wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
varmit hunter
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted January 15, 2005 09:14 AM      Profile for varmit hunter   Email varmit hunter         Edit/Delete Post 
Tim, My credit cards would not do you much good. There all with in $8-$10 of being maxed out. I love guns to much, And am a fanatic for hunting lights. If I turned on all the lights I have at the same time you would think you were in New Orleans.

Ronnie

--------------------
Make them pay for the wind.

Posts: 932 | From: Orange,TX | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Todd Woodall
Member # 439

Icon 1 posted January 16, 2005 10:32 PM      Profile for Todd Woodall   Author's Homepage   Email Todd Woodall         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Guys,
Thanks for your comments. It was a very fun trip. Sorry I didnt reply sooner, Jeff and I just got back from Ozona on another hunt. We have hunted hard 9 out of the last 10 days. Needless to say we are pooped. It felt pretty good to turn the old truck twords home tonight. I will post some pics tommorow of our last hunt.

Thanks again,
Todd

--------------------
Texas Predator Pursuit videos
110 hunts on 2 DVD's
www.texaspredatorpursuit.com

Posts: 181 | From: Weatherford Texas | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters