The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Badgers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Badgers
Cal Taylor
Knows what it's all about
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2005 05:13 PM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice badgers went to the fur buyer today. Some were already sold to taxidermy.

-

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
GUTPILE
Member # 448

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2005 06:41 PM      Profile for GUTPILE           Edit/Delete Post 
Nice , I wish I could of kept mine. Neat animals.

--------------------
Guns have two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS.

TOO FEW PEOPLE MAKE TOO MANY DECISIONS FOR TOO MANY PEOPLE

Posts: 132 | From: Curlew Wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2005 08:25 PM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
None of them were cased....Why? lol.

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas.....Average minds discuss events.....Small minds discuss people.....Eleanor Roosevelt.

Posts: 893 | From: Walker Lake Nevada. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Q-Wagoner
FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted January 23, 2005 05:32 PM      Profile for Q-Wagoner           Edit/Delete Post 
I haven’t shot a badger yet this year. I would like to get a nice one for a mount. There fur should be as good as it gets by now. They seem to prime up later than most other animals. Skunks are good to go the first week in Oct but Badgers and bobcats seem to look there best in January and February. Speeking of bobcats, how is the trapping this year Cal?

Good hunting.

Q,

Posts: 617 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted January 23, 2005 05:39 PM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate to even try to describe how terrible it has been Q. I have literally had hell with cats this year. I have a few, but it has been slow. I'm trapping a bunch of new country and I sure thought there was alot more cats there than obviously there is. And every weather type available. 2 weeks ago it was -20. Today it was damn near 60. Muddy, you have no idea. I spent half the day today on my ass. Trapping rough country when it's muddy, what fun. The frost is going out so fast, there is no chance of getting around in a pickup. I bet I put 60 or 70 miles on my Polaris today, it is just a giant mudball. And so was I when I got home.

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Q-Wagoner
FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted January 23, 2005 07:48 PM      Profile for Q-Wagoner           Edit/Delete Post 
That sucks! LOL You never know how things like that will work out. Could have just as easily went the other way and you could have knocked the hell out of them. About the time you get rolling good it will be time to pull out. That’s the way it goes too. This warm weather isn’t doing me any favors either. Wind always comes with warm weather this time of year. Warm and windy doesn’t mix well with late season coyote hunting. I haven’t shot any numbers worth mentioning in quite a spell. Damn near forgot what they look like!!

Good hunting.

Q,

Posts: 617 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters