The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » SAVE A FAWN HUNT

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SAVE A FAWN HUNT
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted May 10, 2005 08:11 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Az F&G, Az. Deer Assoc., Az. Elk Society, Antelope Foundation and Arizona Predator Callers, are promoting a "Save a Fawn Hunt" up on the Mogollon Rim near Heber this weekend. Two day campout. Tyler and I are going to go. Anyone else interested?
IP: Logged
Cal Taylor
Knows what it's all about
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted May 10, 2005 08:58 AM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd love to go Rich. Could you see about sending your private jet to pick me up? I'll start packing.

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted May 10, 2005 06:37 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Cal, head out to the airport now and wait for the plane. It will be there to pick you up. Honest. Be patient and wait,----in the rain,----in the mud. It will be there.
IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted May 10, 2005 07:50 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
I was planning my own little "Save the Antelope Fawns hunt" down here next weekend.

That was until my son came home Sunday night With out my truck that he left with.

Looks like I am going to spend my weekend playing mechanic instead of coyote hunter. (What kind of idiot designs a fuel pump to fit inside of a gas tank, instead of on the side of the engine where they belong?)

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted May 10, 2005 10:22 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
...another good reason not to let your tank get too low before filling up...who would have ever thought of gas as a pump cooler outer?!?!

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted May 11, 2005 04:20 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Dodge.

Is anyone else doing that now on their new stuff?

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Baldknobber
Member # 514

Icon 12 posted May 11, 2005 06:40 AM      Profile for Baldknobber   Email Baldknobber         Edit/Delete Post 
Chevy is like that too. If it goes out with a 34 gallon tank about full, that's a bitch. The last tim I took the bed off instead of dropping the tank.

Rich, sucker grabbing is over and I'm done guiding turkey hunters. I contemplated your save a fawn hunt, but my first batch of moonshine is about done so.......oops did I day that out loud!!

--------------------
JTBMO

Posts: 202 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted May 11, 2005 07:03 AM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich,
You must have given your pilot bad directions. I sat at the airport till midnight last night, and no plane showed. I was sitting on the edge of the runway with my new shotgun across my lap. Boy, did that create a stir. Anyway, after my wife bailed me out of jail this morning I tried to get back to the airport to see if the plane was waiting, but the sherrif wouldn't let me near the place. But if he's not here by now, I doubt if he can land. It is going to be a full scale blizzard. They are starting to close roads and we are supposed to have 7 to 14 inches more snow with high winds. Save a fawn my ass.

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bryan J
Cap and Trade Weenie
Member # 106

Icon 1 posted May 11, 2005 07:40 AM      Profile for Bryan J   Email Bryan J         Edit/Delete Post 
Lance, I regret to inform you that you have a fuel pump in your tank as well, your wife’s car too. Keep the fuel filter changed 20-30 K and all will be well. The old pump on the side of the block went the way of the carbs.

Tim good luck with your project. I know that you have some good help maybe you could get it done Friday evening, and still get out and make a stand or two.

Cal, I feel your pain I e-mailed Rich and asked if it would be too far out of the way to land in Brigham City, I stood in the wind and watched lightning, then light rain turn to a down pour, and then it turned to snow. I’m sure the plane showed up right after you got arrested and I gave up due to being soaked to the bone and precursors to hypothermia had set in. Oh well, I should stay home and supervise the mud drying anyway. [Big Grin]

[ May 11, 2005, 07:49 AM: Message edited by: Bryan J ]

Posts: 599 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Hawkeye
Member # 216

Icon 1 posted May 18, 2005 07:56 PM      Profile for Hawkeye   Email Hawkeye         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich how did the save a fawn hunt go?
Posts: 71 | From: Tucson,AZ | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters