The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » More Mattie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: More Mattie
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2005 07:15 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
I called in a few coyotes yesterday morning for Mattie to film.

-

-

-
 -

-

IP: Logged
The Outdoor Tripp
Knows what it's all about
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2005 07:24 AM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely amazing pics Rich. Stuff like this adds a unique dimension to the board and to the discussion of coyotes in general.

What else can you mount on that dog?

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com
"All great truths begin as blasphemies."

Posts: 805 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2005 07:31 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
"What else can you mount on that dog?"

Hoo Boy you had to ask didn't you?

Melvin
Member # 634

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2005 08:23 AM      Profile for Melvin   Email Melvin         Edit/Delete Post 
That's some good filming ,coming from the dog...That was a good idea you come up with,mounting a camera on a dog...You ever consider mounting a camera on the other side of mattie?,get a full panarama,plus a view of any other coyotes out of view of the first camera...To much weight on mattie?..I know it would cost some extra bucks,but what a good view it would be.
Posts: 661 | From: PA. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
coyotekid
PAKMAN
Member # 656

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2005 08:42 AM      Profile for coyotekid   Email coyotekid         Edit/Delete Post 
those are great pictures
Posts: 8 | From: kanasa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted May 31, 2005 09:08 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. Especially, the jackrabbit coyote is real good. Palm trees in the desert wilderness?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31468 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2005 10:15 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Too cool!

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
2dogs
Member # 649

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2005 11:08 AM      Profile for 2dogs           Edit/Delete Post 
VERY COOL! pics.
Posts: 1034 | From: central Iowa | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2005 11:25 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
WOW!!!!

Keep 'em coming.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
InjunJoe
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2005 12:27 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Those are pretty amazing photos.
Aren't you afraid to shoot them though?
They really are amazing.
Do you have a movie out?

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2005 12:42 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
InjunJoe, I don't understand. Afarid to shoot the tape? Afraid of the coyotes? Afraid for Mattie?
InjunJoe
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2005 12:55 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Afraid to shoot the coyotes for fear of Matte geting in the way?
Has Matte ever get into a fight with the coyotes while filming?

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2005 01:07 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Joe, he doesn't normally shoot them, especially when he sends Mattie out. Especially this time of the year.

The dog and the coyotes have a strange ritual, chasing back and forth, but they don't actually fight. In some cases, it is because Mattie is too slippery for them. In other cases, it is the coyote's fear of the dog, ballanced against the coyote's territorial instincts. Two against one is also fair.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31468 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
InjunJoe
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2005 01:12 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Leonard. I seen coytoes ambush a dog one time and messed him up pretty good. The dog was a lot bigger too. They had him turning circles and never attaked from the front.
varmit hunter
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2005 01:25 PM      Profile for varmit hunter   Email varmit hunter         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich. it is amazing what you can do when you remember to have batteries in the camera. These are so much better than the ones you sent me with no battery.

Have a extra large can of Mighty Dog on the way for Miss Mattie.

Ronnie

--------------------
Make them pay for the wind.

Posts: 932 | From: Orange,TX | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lungbuster
Member # 630

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2005 08:46 PM      Profile for Lungbuster           Edit/Delete Post 
How big is the camera?
Can you add some pics of Mattie with the camera mounted on her? So we can see what it looks like.
Thanks.

Posts: 225 | From: Idaho | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted June 11, 2005 11:15 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Incredible!! I'm with lungbuster, I'd love to see how it is mounted. LOL You are very clever Rich! Great idea! [Smile]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted June 12, 2005 10:44 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
I have the helmut cam mounted on the right side of her neck. It is small about the size of a tube of lipstick and I use foam under it to align it properly.

-

The backpack contains the battery pack on the right side and a small camcorder as a recording device on the left side.

-

RanUtah
Member # 18

Icon 1 posted June 12, 2005 11:09 AM      Profile for RanUtah   Email RanUtah         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh I get it now Rich, Hel-Mut cam! [Big Grin] Pretty cool! Did you make the "vest" that Mattie wears?
Todd Woodall
Member # 439

Icon 1 posted June 16, 2005 08:39 PM      Profile for Todd Woodall   Author's Homepage   Email Todd Woodall         Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome pics Rich, Really give you the dogs eye view.(that statement was not meant to hurt any birds feelings) I have never hunted with dogs, but it sure looks like a blast!!!

Great job,

Todd

--------------------
Texas Predator Pursuit videos
110 hunts on 2 DVD's
www.texaspredatorpursuit.com

Posts: 181 | From: Weatherford Texas | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters