The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Texas Predator Pursuit Reloaded (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Texas Predator Pursuit Reloaded
Todd Woodall
Knows what it's all about
Member # 439

Icon 1 posted August 12, 2005 12:15 PM      Profile for Todd Woodall   Author's Homepage   Email Todd Woodall         Edit/Delete Post 
Well it is finally here. It took us a while but I think it was worth the wait. Vol II features 60 hunts both day and night. We added a few more tips on vol II without loosing our high energy style. We also added a full DVD menu with scene select and a optional 12 minute beginners section. Just a few of our thoughts, things we do and why. From exploding cats to some great bloopers I feel this video will be well worth the money. Our website is www.texaspredatorpursuit.com so come over and give us a shout.

Take Care,

Todd

[ August 12, 2005, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: Todd Woodall ]

--------------------
Texas Predator Pursuit videos
110 hunts on 2 DVD's
www.texaspredatorpursuit.com

Posts: 181 | From: Weatherford Texas | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 12, 2005 01:10 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Wish you luck with Vol II. I was talking to Higgins a couple days ago and (apparently) he got a preview copy? He said it is the best he has ever seen. This from a guy that has a whole library of predator hunting videos.

Good hunting. LB

[ August 12, 2005, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Todd Woodall
Member # 439

Icon 1 posted August 12, 2005 06:58 PM      Profile for Todd Woodall   Author's Homepage   Email Todd Woodall         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, I talked to Jay and he said you probably wouldnt want one. Yep thats what happened. [Big Grin] Or, It could have been my wife she makes mistakes all the time [Big Grin] .

Todd

--------------------
110 hunts on 2 DVD's

Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted August 12, 2005 09:46 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
I downloaded the preview from the website and it alone reveals it is a must-have.

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Q-Wagoner
FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted August 12, 2005 11:03 PM      Profile for Q-Wagoner           Edit/Delete Post 
How many coyote kills do you have on this one Todd?

Good hunting.

Q,

Posts: 617 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Todd Woodall
Member # 439

Icon 1 posted August 13, 2005 08:31 AM      Profile for Todd Woodall   Author's Homepage   Email Todd Woodall         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Q,

I think we have around 45 coyotes on this one. We have a few fox and 6 or 7 Bobcats also. We concentrated more on coyotes this year than anything.

Todd

--------------------
110 hunts on 2 DVD's

Q-Wagoner
FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted August 13, 2005 11:20 AM      Profile for Q-Wagoner           Edit/Delete Post 
That’s great. Are you guys planning on another video? If so what are your goals for Volume III?

Good hunting.

Q,

Posts: 617 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
varmit hunter
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted August 13, 2005 12:09 PM      Profile for varmit hunter   Email varmit hunter         Edit/Delete Post 
Help guys. I cant order with my credit card. No Jay I haven't maxed it out on Sheep jewelry. Speaking of jewelry, never mind you will find out.

--------------------
Make them pay for the wind.

Posts: 932 | From: Orange,TX | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Todd Woodall
Member # 439

Icon 1 posted August 13, 2005 02:05 PM      Profile for Todd Woodall   Author's Homepage   Email Todd Woodall         Edit/Delete Post 
Q, There will be a vol III. We are still pondering what we want to do. We know we want lots of action, but everything else is still up in the air. Now that you asked,do any of you guys have suggestions? We used several from the boards last year. Like the beginners section(which I really like), The full DVD menu with a way to skip right to your favorite parts, and showing what gear we use and why. We make them for you guys so tell us what you want to see. I was thinking about a hunt in some of your honey holes, but thats just me [Big Grin] .

varmit hunter, We do all our credit card orders through paypal. If you are not registered with paypal you can click on the buy button and then the register with paypal link. That should lead you through the steps. You can also send us a check or money order to the address on our site. In a few days we will be able to take credit cards over the phone. Thanks for the your order and tell us what you think after you watch it.

Todd

[ August 13, 2005, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: Todd Woodall ]

--------------------
110 hunts on 2 DVD's

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted August 13, 2005 02:57 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Todd, Tyler and I watched it again this morning. We enjoy this video more than any of the other 50 or so that we have. Not only do you guys do everything right but you have so much fun doing it that it is infectious. It really is a pleasure, a good time, to watch this video. From a purely critical standpoint, I like the fact that the shot seems to be secondary to video of the approach. You and your shooters hold off the trigger much longer than most which resulted in a lot of great video of many, many critters up close, which I appreciated.
A really great video.

IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted August 13, 2005 05:26 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Here an idea guys.
How about an interactive coyote video where the viewer can use his remote to contol alternate scenes and alternate endings?

Also, lots of DVD's now come with games on an extra DVD and you could have a locate the coyote game. While the hunters are looking about for the perfect calling locations they could get busted by coyotes or pick up powers pills to help them shoot better.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 13, 2005 07:30 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
What are you smoking, ***?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Jay Nistetter
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted August 13, 2005 07:38 PM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Uh Oh! I've been bleeped again.
I was watching Kung Fu Hustle and this is a must see. Highly entertaining for some reason I can't explain. Even has a happy ending and a moral to the story. The whole enchilada.

Everyone should really get this video (after TPP vol 2 of course)

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 13, 2005 07:48 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You're not bleeped, I just like calling you that, amigo.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Todd Woodall
Member # 439

Icon 1 posted August 13, 2005 07:50 PM      Profile for Todd Woodall   Author's Homepage   Email Todd Woodall         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich, I am glad you liked vol II. We did have alot of fun filming this one. We tried not to cut too much out and really show everyone exactly what we do. We always want to get em close , its kindof addictive. Most guys I know call me and say "man you guys are killing me, I would have shot him 2 minutes earlier". Getting them that close really does help to learn their body language. We got alot of requests for beginner info. We are alot better at showing people what to do that telling them. Thanks again for your comments it means alot coming from such a respected source.

Well Jay, Thanks for the interresting ideas for vol III. Have you been hanging out with injun joe again? Put down the peace pipe and walk away man, just walk away!

Todd

--------------------
110 hunts on 2 DVD's

varmit hunter
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted August 14, 2005 05:51 AM      Profile for varmit hunter   Email varmit hunter         Edit/Delete Post 
Todd. Just charge mine to Jay's account. In the condition he is in, he won't notice.

--------------------

varmit hunter
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted August 14, 2005 05:52 AM      Profile for varmit hunter   Email varmit hunter         Edit/Delete Post 
Todd. Just charge mine to Jay's account. In the condition he is in, he won't notice.

--------------------

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 14, 2005 06:18 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Todd, this is not a slam against yours or anybody else's video, just something that I see on the Outdoor channel often enough that it 'bugs' me.

Close-up of the hero aiming at the species victim of the week.

More aiming.

Close-up of the safety being clicked off. More aiming. Much drama.

View of the critter, boom, cut to the hero cycling another round into the chamber.

Hero and guide approaching downed animal, much back slapping & Hoo-raa!!

This is all well & good except by the timeline shown to the viewer, the hero is carrying a loaded weapon with the safety off. Now, to (most of) us old timers, gun safety is second nature but to the beginner who just took his first coyote....he's pretty damn excited. Excited & firearms is bad.

It would be nice, once in a while to hear the comment "Allrighttt, he's down!!! Lets safe the weapons and see what we've got."

Again, I'm not ragging on anyone in particular. Just a pet peeve that I've picked up from watching to many Sat. outdoor programs. Predator hunting has an outstanding safety record. We just don't need anybody getting hurt, the bad press that goes with it, and some Game & Fish Dept deciding that we all need to wear orange.

End of rant.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Todd Woodall
Member # 439

Icon 1 posted August 14, 2005 07:23 AM      Profile for Todd Woodall   Author's Homepage   Email Todd Woodall         Edit/Delete Post 
Kodopelli, nice rant.

Have you seen our videos? [Confused] The same stuff that "bugs" you also seems staged to us. We do very, very little of that sort of thing in our videos. We go out of our way not to stage things. We have a few pic in pic scenes taking off the saftey but none that take away from the video. We just try and show how we do things to put the animal on the ground. Making a video is tough. Its hard to keep the excitment up and make the viewer really get into it. If after every hunt you stop and say "now lets put the saftey on and watch for rattlesnakes" you killed the excitment you have just worked so hard to capture. I see your point and agree with you, but we are not some self appointed TV personalities that try and seem better than anyone else. We just hunt like we always have, but take a camera to show others what we do. We jack in another shell and put the saftey on but thats not what people want to see so thats not what we are going to show. With 60 hunts you would repeat yourself for 20 minutes throughout the video. 18 hours of footage hit the cutting room floor on this video. I think we did well to show our no-nonsense approach to hunting, Thats what people like about us. I guess what I am trying to say is that we go out of our way not to seem scripted or staged because we dont like watching that stuff either. Take a closer look at our videos compared to some others and I think you will see what I am talking about. [Smile]

Take care,

Todd

[ August 14, 2005, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: Todd Woodall ]

--------------------
110 hunts on 2 DVD's

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted August 14, 2005 11:23 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with you Todd. This was not a Safety instructional video. It was a predator calling video of the first order. I stated in my first post that you did everything right and that included proper firearm handling. It also included proper stand selection and set-up although you did not belabor those points either. I especially liked the scene in which one of you was lying prone behind his rifle overlooking the big open field, Foxpro and decoy setup aways out in the field. Your cameraman pans back and to his left to show another camoed hunter sitting up well behind and at right angles to the prone caller and covering his back door which was comprised of thick brush out to a ridge that looked to be 30-40 yards out. Not a word was said about the set-up. I liked that. Very well done. As was all of the editing, especially the use of picture in a picture to show simultaneous action of two different subjects. I was very impressed with this video and with you guys. Very well done.
IP: Logged
Jeff Thomason
Member # 691

Icon 1 posted August 15, 2005 08:53 AM      Profile for Jeff Thomason   Author's Homepage   Email Jeff Thomason         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok Guys, We have 6 videos charged to Jay! If anybody else wants theirs charged to him you better hurry and order. Thanks for all the compliments guys. We really appreciate it.

--------------------
Predator Pursuit
4 Videos Day and Night
www.predatorpursuit.com

Posts: 21 | From: Weatherford, Texas | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jay Nistetter
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted August 15, 2005 09:53 AM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Better go ahead and actually add one for me while you're at it. Looks like I'm buyin' huh?

--------------------

Jeff Thomason
Member # 691

Icon 1 posted August 15, 2005 11:48 AM      Profile for Jeff Thomason   Author's Homepage   Email Jeff Thomason         Edit/Delete Post 
If you didnt move around like a gypsy, you would have yours already! [Big Grin] Get on Todd's rear end and have him send another one.

--------------------
Predator Pursuit
4 Videos Day and Night
www.predatorpursuit.com

Posts: 21 | From: Weatherford, Texas | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Todd Woodall
Member # 439

Icon 1 posted August 15, 2005 04:37 PM      Profile for Todd Woodall   Author's Homepage   Email Todd Woodall         Edit/Delete Post 
You try and be nice and all you get is flack, YOU GYPSY! That was pretty good Jeff, for you. Well the mailman brought your video back today. E-mail me your address Jay, I dont know if any of the 4 I have are the right ones. Give me a shout.

Todd

--------------------
110 hunts on 2 DVD's

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 15, 2005 05:37 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Ha! Emails come back on him, too!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters