The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Texas Predator Pursuit, or....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Texas Predator Pursuit, or....
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2005 05:52 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Somebody please, STOP THE SLAUGHTER"

Damn, that was entertainment! I liked the country they hunt, most of it, anyway.

One thing they like to do is set up on the edge of fields with a decoy, out a ways. They pull in some cats and dogs to the decoy, I may have to resume bringing one along?

I'm sure Marvin (other thread) was refering to the last scene in the bloopers section. I'm not kidding, I laughed out loud three or four times; that was funny! Reflecting on my own experience.

The night hunting shows you what an animal really looks like as he comes in, and they wait patiently as they call them right up to the truck.

I didn't count them, but a lot of bobcat kills, 6-8 maybe? About the same number of grays, and a whole lot of coyote action.

Even a badger; and he is actually coming in! First badger; they won't do that too often.

Interspiced with chitchat about various gear, but it's stuff that people want, and need to know about.

An honest amount of (less than) clean kills and near misses. But, the thing is, they have quite a few guest hunters, and they are various shades of green, all the way to, quite experienced.

But, you know. An established team works together like a fine machine, and in this case, you need somebody to work a light and run a camera.

I didn't look at the instructional part, maybe they went over the rig, but in the main video, I only saw the rack once, a standard pipe rack with wrapped (2") foam rubber.

I heard mention of a 22 Hornet, once, but that's another thing that might be in the instructional section? I have read elsewhere, that Todd prefers good 55 grain bullets, in line with my thinking, but don't know what they were shooting out there, for the most part....except the 10 gauge.

Long video; you sure get a lot of action. I tell you what, if you can't get interested in this one, you best take up golf or chess, and turn in your HM membership.

I'm not a video cowboy, but I know a good hunt video when I see one. Buy it. It's money well spent.

You guys did good. [Smile]

Good hunting. LB

edit: Nancy says that Jeff is a hunk

[ August 19, 2005, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Todd Woodall
Knows what it's all about
Member # 439

Icon 14 posted August 19, 2005 11:21 PM      Profile for Todd Woodall   Author's Homepage   Email Todd Woodall         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Leonard, Thanks for the kind words. Its nice hear a good response to a product you worked so hard on. Thank you for your honest opinion. We really love all aspects of predator hunting, night and day. We try to share our feelings with anyone who watches the videos. Some scenes we may seem to excited, but thats how it is so thats what we show. If I have a cat a 10 yards I am going to be pumped and the video will reflect that excitement. I hate watching a show thats 4 hours long but 2 hours is a bunch of talking. We try and make our vids as exciting as possible, but show enough instruction to give the new guy a solid head start. Once again thanks for the review, It means alot.

By the way I think Nancy has Jeff and I confused. I'm the hunk!

Todd

[ August 20, 2005, 12:25 AM: Message edited by: Todd Woodall ]

--------------------
Texas Predator Pursuit videos
110 hunts on 2 DVD's
www.texaspredatorpursuit.com

Posts: 181 | From: Weatherford Texas | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jeff Thomason
Member # 691

Icon 1 posted August 22, 2005 08:09 PM      Profile for Jeff Thomason   Author's Homepage   Email Jeff Thomason         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Leonard, Glad you liked the video! You sound like you really know what you are talking about! But Nancy seems to be the smartest! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Predator Pursuit
4 Videos Day and Night
www.predatorpursuit.com

Posts: 21 | From: Weatherford, Texas | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 22, 2005 08:22 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Jeff, I sure did like it. And, next time my son and granson come over, we are going to watch it again. And, yeah, I like to think I know what I'm talking about. We could talk a little shop about night hunting, stuff I don't discuss with just ANYBODY! [Smile]

Good hunting. LB

PS the China girls probably want to know if you are married? That was a very pretty lady in the video but I don't know who's wife she is?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Todd Woodall
Member # 439

Icon 1 posted August 22, 2005 08:36 PM      Profile for Todd Woodall   Author's Homepage   Email Todd Woodall         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, you hitting on my wife? [Big Grin] Thats my wife Amanda and my oldest daughter Paige(youngest is Addison in the credits). Amanda was kinda ticked that she didnt have her face on and her hair was a mess. I told her who cares you are holding a gun and that any guy on the boards will think shes hot just for that. She didnt like my response. She made a pretty good off hand shot on that fox at about 75 yards. Yeah I think she's a keeper.

Todd

--------------------
Texas Predator Pursuit videos
110 hunts on 2 DVD's
www.texaspredatorpursuit.com

Posts: 181 | From: Weatherford Texas | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 22, 2005 10:23 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Todd, She's a cutie....

especially with that gun!

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Jay Nistetter
Legalize Weed, Free the Dixie Chicks
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted August 24, 2005 10:16 AM      Profile for Jay Nistetter   Email Jay Nistetter         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard.
I was fairly amazed at the lack of action on my TV. The first one was much better IMHO but that may change after I see Volume 2.

--------------------
Understanding the coyote is not as important as knowing where they are.
I usually let the fur prime up before I leave 'em lay.

Posts: 1006 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters