The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Hey Gerald

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hey Gerald
Timberghozt
Knows what it's all about
Member # 707

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2005 12:20 PM      Profile for Timberghozt   Author's Homepage   Email Timberghozt         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Gerald.I need your advice.I went to check on one of my deer feeders today on property between Belton and Salado.I just had to carry my calls along with me and I stashed the pickup way off by the main road so I wasn`t gonna make a bunch of racket..Three weeks ago I hunted this area early in the morning and I am almost certain I had the sound of three or 4 different young dogs off about 500 yards from me.
I got one loner to come in and popped him but three or four together never did.The other night I played on em with a howler and was able to get an answer in the same vicinity with a lone howl and they responded with a heck of a racket. At that time they were a good 1/2 mile away..Today I went back in about 10 am and tried raising a response with some agressive barks, a few challenge bark-howls, a cottontail distress and and young dog yelping as he was getting whooped..Nothing,Nada,I though I saw movement in the elms about 250 yards out but nothing materialized or made any vocal response.I have listened to your tape on the CH1 howler and I know you are pretty much an expert on howling.If you would ,What tactic would you take in this late daylight howling session?Would you abandon trying to howl altogether and simply go with a few distress calls?I didn`t recognize or put it together here on the forum, but when I first started hunting yotes I had two old Johny Stewart cassette tapes my dad in law gave me,one with a cottontail distress and another woodpecker distress, an old tape player and a 220 Swift..I had to hunt alone most of the time and teach myself along the way.Many years later I have never forgotten how I got my start.Appreciate your products,knowledge,tips and thoughts.
Gene

--------------------
http://www.handloadersbench.com

Posts: 48 | From: Salado, Texas | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters