The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Ahhhh,... crap!!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ahhhh,... crap!!!!!
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted October 08, 2006 05:31 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Just looked at the forecast for this week. Danged coyotes ain't got no fur on yet and they're calling for snow flurries on Thursday. If they happen, it will be the earliest I've seen snow in this part of Kansas in about fifteen years.

Worse yet, it'll probably be the only snow we get all winter. [Frown]

[ October 08, 2006, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: Cdog911 ]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Outdoor Tripp
Knows what it's all about
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted October 08, 2006 07:12 PM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
Snow? What the hell is snow?

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com
"All great truths begin as blasphemies."

Posts: 805 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted October 08, 2006 08:39 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, been watching that forcast too. Maybe we'll actually get a winter this year.

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted October 08, 2006 08:44 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Here is some snow if you forgot what it looks like. LOL http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f208/TA17Rem/snowstorm1997001.jpg[/IMG]]  -

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted October 09, 2006 05:31 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Even though I suffer CRS, I do still remember snow. Since it's only been 3 weeks since I took these pictures:

-

-

Killed a couple coyotes on Sat. Fur is looking good from the outside, still a mite blue on the inside though.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted October 09, 2006 06:08 AM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Uh.... You said three weeks, didn't you mean three years? Dang he looks cold!

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted October 09, 2006 07:45 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Forcast for east slope of the Rockies is snow showers for the next 4 days. I checked 3 RK's on the way home from NE yesterday. Two were so-so, but one Sterling dog really had nice fur. I peeled her and she still had blue showing. Too bad she got so tore up, though.
Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 09, 2006 07:58 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know about you guys, but I think it is scary, how often the first weather of the season arrives the second week of October.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Freddie
Member # 952

Icon 1 posted October 09, 2006 08:11 AM      Profile for Freddie           Edit/Delete Post 
Geez, Thanks for reminding me why I live in AZ.
Posts: 29 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted October 09, 2006 10:45 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm less concerned as hopeful. We started the season off last year with two dandy snowstorms and near zero temps. Thought we were going to have a great season. Then, we had spring-like weather the remainder of the winter and hunted many days in shirt sleeves.

We had a brutal summer here with a major drought and many record temp hot days. The ol' timers are all saying to watch out. I guess it's them versus El Nino. Only time will tell.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted October 09, 2006 06:35 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Cdog,

Highs in South Central AZ are expected to be in the low eighties for the next couple of weeks, with overnight lows in the low fifties.

I bet it sure sucks to be stuck in Kansas!

--------------------
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted October 09, 2006 06:48 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, Tim, we were in the mid- to high 80's for the past week with lows in the 60's, so NO, it doesn't suck to be in Kansas right now. In the fifties right now and snow is out of the forecast. We went locating last night and got two other packs to answer us on one of five stops. Then, the wind was blowing so hard we couldn't hear spit.

--------------------

The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted October 09, 2006 07:01 PM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys, what's with all the white crap in those photos?

Give me a little help here.

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com
"All great truths begin as blasphemies."

Posts: 805 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted October 10, 2006 02:34 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
I got nothing for ya, Tripp. Just wanted to post again.

--------------------

Tim Behle
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted October 10, 2006 06:06 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Tripp,

If you head down to Mexico, the Beaches all look pretty much like that, only with a little more Sun tan.

--------------------
an ass kickin'.

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters