The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Camp-out coyote kills (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Camp-out coyote kills
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted November 01, 2006 01:18 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
[Razz]

[ March 28, 2010, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5062 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted November 01, 2006 02:24 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I took one about a 1/4 mi. from camp down the same raod.called in with woodpecker distress on the old foxpro . his demise was brought about by a 22-250/50gr. hornady.@40 yds.DRT.minor entry behind shoulder exit at gut a little messy but no major damage.

[ November 01, 2006, 02:29 PM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
stevecriner
UNKNOWN-before he was famous?
Member # 892

Icon 1 posted November 01, 2006 04:25 PM      Profile for stevecriner   Email stevecriner         Edit/Delete Post 
Shot one thursday evening with my AR in .223 with 52 gr berger varmint....minor exit
Using my open reed and buffalo horn howler from Brad H, about the 7 minute mark.

Fox the second evening no exit. Rabbit in distress #1 on the FX5. About the 6 minute mark..

Saturday i got a nice tail. Blew the sucker rightr off. Higgins called him up...

--------------------
"I love coyotes and put up with dogs....My neighbor has a slew of them."

Posts: 321 | From: missouri | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Knows what it's all about
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted November 01, 2006 05:01 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Steve, you really should share the details of that episode. A lot of us are wondering why you were aiming at the non-traditional end of the coyote. [Confused]
Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted November 01, 2006 05:11 PM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
NASA, give the poor guy a break.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with a guy aiming to get some tail.

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com
"All great truths begin as blasphemies."

Posts: 805 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
stevecriner
UNKNOWN-before he was famous?
Member # 892

Icon 1 posted November 01, 2006 05:53 PM      Profile for stevecriner   Email stevecriner         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok heres the story, Rich was calling and i seen one about a 75yrds out. I clucked and showed him the direction. As soon as i did a coyote came bustin in at 20yrds. I woofed him and decided since i had my sights set on the firstr yote i would just shoot his tail off. Catch and release. Trust me ,Rich and I could do some serious trouble makin if i hung out down there much....When we found that tail it was one of the best moments of my life. It was so fun to hear and seee Rich Higgins laugh at me. He said and i quote," Yoyu came all the way to arizona and all you got was a piece of tail".

It was alomost the end of one of my best predator day of my life. The end was 10 minutes later when we walked a hundred yrds further in and called another one in. I missed that sona bitch completly.. We seen 9 coyotes that day and i didnt kill one. It was such a good day! A very good day....The best predator huntin day of my life. Thats the story.

--------------------
"I love coyotes and put up with dogs....My neighbor has a slew of them."

Posts: 321 | From: missouri | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Freddie
Member # 952

Icon 1 posted November 01, 2006 07:41 PM      Profile for Freddie           Edit/Delete Post 
One coyote, small caliber no fur damage one shot at 80 yards.

[ November 09, 2006, 07:19 AM: Message edited by: Freddie ]

Posts: 29 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Hawkeye
Member # 216

Icon 1 posted November 01, 2006 09:26 PM      Profile for Hawkeye   Email Hawkeye         Edit/Delete Post 
I killed 4 on friday morning used 22-243AI with 75amax one at 50yds little damage one at 80yds hit high in spine damage, hit another high at 140yds some damage, hit last one at 190yds no damage. I was using foxpro cant remember exact sounds.
Posts: 71 | From: Tucson,AZ | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted November 01, 2006 09:43 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
We seen 9 coyotes that day....The best predator huntin day of my life.
My life's been a litle longer than yours, and I still haven't had a 9 coyote day. You done good. [Smile]
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2006 06:40 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Certain factors such as pressure, heat, water, and food sources at certain times will cause the coyotes to concentrate in relatively small areas. Jay Nistetter and I called 19 coyotes by 11:00 AM in August a few years ago. Cotton fields. 110+ degrees.
IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2006 12:14 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
My best was NE, 16 called, 7 killed. And yes, it is something you remember.

Steve,

I'd just go with it man. It takes a lot of talent to shoot the tip off a coyote's tail at any distance. As far as we're concerned, you did it on purpose.

Does that make him a PAK? He oughtta get some kind of special award for that.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dan Carey
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2006 01:31 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Shooting their a** off is the object of hunting.
Shooting off their tail is an art form. Good hit nevertheless.

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2006 02:59 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Wouldn't shooting tails off fall into the 'Harrassing Wildlife' catagory, much like hitting them with paint balls??

Heck of a shot at any rate!!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2006 03:57 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
AndyL and I shot a coyote simultaneously Saturday. Shot once with a .243 and once with a .204 I think (Andy?) He was still breathing when we found him after wading across a river in our bare mosquito covered feet and Tyler .38ified him.

Sunday, Tyler shot another with his .243 (I think)! Wierd thing though, we were hunting with Tyler Higgins but the coyotes came to an electronic of Andy's with some sort of African Hare distress.

[ November 02, 2006, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: Locohead ]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2006 04:02 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
NatWhoWhatAWallow or what ever his name is killed a herd of coyotes and foxes! [Wink]

I think hawkeye shot a bunch too.

Stories fellas. Stories Please.

[ November 02, 2006, 04:03 PM: Message edited by: Locohead ]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2006 06:02 PM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
Score one for Loco and the fine art of enunciation.

He's not bad at phonetics either.

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com
"All great truths begin as blasphemies."

Posts: 805 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pilgrim on Earth
Member # 314

Icon 1 posted November 03, 2006 04:48 AM      Profile for Pilgrim on Earth   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Saturday A.M., our little trio (RShaw, CrossJ, & myself) called in 4 and killed 3.

[ November 03, 2006, 04:49 AM: Message edited by: Pilgrim on Earth ]

Posts: 54 | From: Indiana | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
sparkyibewlocal440
Member # 397

Icon 1 posted November 03, 2006 04:55 AM      Profile for sparkyibewlocal440   Email sparkyibewlocal440         Edit/Delete Post 
Called in my only kill on Friday with a mouth call,whacked her at 240 yards....Saturday I was in the ag fields North of camp at first light.Walking back to the truck after my first stand ,I spotted a triple crossing the railroad tracks from one field to another a good 500 yards out.a couple notes on my mouth call brought 'em in,killing one.....
.22-243 Middlested/55 grain NBT's.Very little damage to the fur on these two,of course, one was a frontal shot.No follow up shots,seldom needed.They accounted for 2 in the stack at camp.

Posts: 170 | From: So. Cal | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nahuatl
Member # 708

Icon 1 posted November 03, 2006 07:02 PM      Profile for Nahuatl   Email Nahuatl         Edit/Delete Post 
8 coyotes and 3 foxes, all with a shotgun between 22 and 6 yards

[ November 06, 2006, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: Nahuatl ]

Posts: 202 | From: Mount Gleason, Angeles NF | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted November 04, 2006 09:17 AM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like a fun hunt.Wish I could of come down.Couldn't get off work though.I did manage to get out to do some calling for a couple days on the 27th and 28th of October(first time this fur season).We shot a few coyotes and had a good time.
 -

[ November 04, 2006, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: UTcaller ]

Posts: 1612 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 04, 2006 09:50 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Good going, Chad.

I don't mean to be critical, but....that looks like Nevada, and those dogs aren't as furred up as I would expect for the end of October?

Thanks for sharing. How's that 204 working out?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted November 04, 2006 10:00 AM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,

You are right it is Nevada.They were pretty furred up,might be because we just turned the hides fur side out for the picture.That .204 is still whacking them. [Wink] My calling Partner(Brother) was using his 17 Rem. Not to bad for a couple sub-caliber callers.LOL Shot a couple more coyotes after this picture was taken but didn't take a picture.It was pretty cool in the Morning(Low 20's)but would get in the low 60's in the day.Good Hunting Chad

Posts: 1612 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted November 07, 2006 06:11 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Gary. I wish you had left your photos and story up.
You did extremely well, hunting in an area with a lot of pressure. My hat's off to you.

NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted November 08, 2006 08:31 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Stalker issues.
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted November 08, 2006 08:48 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Huh? [Confused]

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters