The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Professor Higgins

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Professor Higgins
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 14 posted November 13, 2006 04:38 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
I always heard Vic call Rich that, but now I know its true. I spent 2+ of some of the most interesting time in my life having lunch with my family, Rich Higgins and his wife this summer. Tyler was supposed to be there, but I think he was, uh, slummin, in Flagstaff. [Wink] [Big Grin]

Rich and I were talking coyotes, imagine that, and my son was hanging on every word. I didnt realize how much until last night. He has brought up small things from our personal tutorial, but last night was the kicker.

We were deer hunting and Austin had a pretty good walk back to the 4wheeler and then a pretty good ride back to the truck. I got back just at dark and he was a good half hour or more. I had my Higgins Howler with me, so I got it out and started messin with the local coyotes and dogs. Let me tell ya, we were in a big, wide creek valley and I had answers from coyotes and dogs for miles, literally. It was fun. Anyway, Austin got back and just matter of factly started telling me the lonesome howl sounded really good, the whine, as he called it, made it realistic and commented the yip howls really sounded great and got the world awake. He was impressed. I said I thought maybe I would have fooled him into thinking it was a coyote out in the bottom. He said Dad, I knew it was you and like Rich said, you can never fool a coyote into thinking your another coyote. Your just an intruder.

I thought that was just pretty cool. The boys learning, right along with me about vocalizations.

Thanks Professor Higgins.

[Cool]

[ November 13, 2006, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: Andy L ]

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted November 14, 2006 01:45 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Andy, you are as lucky as I am. You are blessed with a son who has the passion and a talent for all things coyote. We are both proud of our sons, rightously so.
IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted November 14, 2006 02:47 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Rich....off topic, but we are speaking coyote. Do you have any kind of an audio or audio/visual tutorial of the howls,and how they are produced correctly on your horn?
Im amazed at how little air it takes to produce such good sounds, I was wanting to pust some steam behind it like an open reed call, and it's just the reverse.
Nice peice of work you turned out Professor.

Posts: 1627 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted November 14, 2006 02:54 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Vic, I don't have any formal tutorials. That gives me a great excuse to call you on the phone and talk howling.
IP: Logged
Freddie
Knows what it's all about
Member # 952

Icon 1 posted November 15, 2006 05:09 PM      Profile for Freddie           Edit/Delete Post 
This is quite a coincidence, I was just driving home from a 3 day coyote hunt and was thinking, during the drive, that I wanted to check and see if Mr. Higgins had anything out explaining the coyote howls and his vocalizing experience with them. I would certainly be interested in purchasing such a CD or DVD, if it was to be produced. Freddie P.S. You don't have time to call everyone who is interested.

[ November 15, 2006, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: Freddie ]

Posts: 29 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters