The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Woe is Me

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Woe is Me
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2007 06:36 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Woe is Me
I need photos of coyotes standing still, downwind, very close, for a article.
Saturday, Mark Miller and I went out for the morning. I called in eleven coyotes. The photos were out of focus.
Sunday I made three stands and called in only one. No photo.
Monday morning before work I made one stand, called in two coyotes, kept them close for several minutes. The photos were out of focus.
Tuesday morning, one stand before work, called in two coyotes, close, photos out of focus. Tuesday evening got out the owners manual for the new digital camera and checked the settings. The mode dial had been turned to night shot. I reset it.
Wednesday morning, one stand before work. Brought a coyote in within ten feet, totally confounded. Framed it, pressed the shutter button and the camera shut down. Wednesday night pulled out the manual, reset all settings to default, and replaced the batteries.
Thursday morning called in two coyotes, brought one in within five yards several times. Got 21 photos. All in focus.
All were newbie mistakes. I'll be making more. That's my excuse. Woe is me. [Big Grin]

IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2007 06:56 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
[Razz]

[ March 28, 2010, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5062 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2007 07:47 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw it, a $600 ten megapixtal.

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
canine
Knows what it's all about
Member # 687

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2007 07:52 PM      Profile for canine   Email canine         Edit/Delete Post 
How good are you at photoshop Rich?

I have alot of up close pics of coyotes but they are in traps. [Razz]

JD

--------------------
Hunting The East "back to Basic's" Part 1

Posts: 162 | From: ohio | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2007 08:56 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich,

Are you still on dial up, or do you have a fast connection?

I can send some thumbnails if you like, then just let me know which one you want full sized.

Just holler if you want to look at them.

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted February 23, 2007 10:59 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe you need to wipe the snake venom off the lens.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Brad Norman
Okie Dokie
Member # 234

Icon 1 posted February 23, 2007 12:32 PM      Profile for Brad Norman   Email Brad Norman         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich, Get a hold of Calvin. He ought to be able to get you some good pics of the coyote he has at his house.

Edited to say, "Knowing Calvin, he'll probably charge you for them." [Wink]

[ February 23, 2007, 12:33 PM: Message edited by: Brad Norman ]

Posts: 298 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
coyote whacker
Member # 639

Icon 1 posted February 23, 2007 01:29 PM      Profile for coyote whacker           Edit/Delete Post 
Would this one work?
 -

--------------------
This is done on my time and my dime. My views may differ from those of others!

Posts: 376 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
scruffy
Member # 725

Icon 14 posted February 23, 2007 02:02 PM      Profile for scruffy           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that's a cute little guy there! Very nice pic CW!

later,
scruffy

--------------------
Git R Done

Posts: 361 | From: south central Iowa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
canine
Member # 687

Icon 1 posted February 23, 2007 02:45 PM      Profile for canine   Email canine         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice pic CW, what kind of camera you totin?

Looks like he is in a trap, is he?

--------------------
Hunting The East "back to Basic's" Part 1

Posts: 162 | From: ohio | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted February 23, 2007 02:51 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Great pic, CW. You know, I hate to suggest that you make a fast buck on those, but if you gets a lot of that quality, you oughtta contact our magazine and see if you can sell some of them. You might be able to pay off a real good camera pretty quickly.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted February 23, 2007 02:57 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
CW, that is a beautiful pic. Even though it is obvious that there is a trap on the left front foot it would be of interest to T&PC. They pay pretty fair for photos of that quality.
Thank you all for the generous offers, but we need to get real time pics of coyotes reacting to mist. Tyler went out with me for one stand this morning. Nothing. We are both working at Cabela's the next two weekends so the best we will be able to do is sneak in one early morning stand in each morning.
Thanks for the offers, Guys.

coyote whacker
Member # 639

Icon 1 posted February 23, 2007 03:00 PM      Profile for coyote whacker           Edit/Delete Post 
That is a sony camera and it works really well. I have others, what magazine by cropping I don't many could tell he is caught in a trap.

Here is another nice photo, I have a bunch of coyote photos.

-

--------------------

Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted February 23, 2007 03:01 PM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
Since we are on the subject of pictures. I need a digital still camera. A good one. 8 or better megapixel with a good telephoto lens. Priced at a grand or less. Any suggestions? I'm going to sell my older Canon XL1 to finance this purchase.

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted February 23, 2007 04:40 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Nice pic CW.
Cal, Gerry Blair recently bought such a camera for the clor photos that he used to replace all of the older photos in his revision of "Predator Calling with Gerry Blair". Gerry did a great deal of research be for deciding on a particular camera and he searched for the best price when he did decide. I've seen many of his photos and they are better than my camera is capable of producing. I believe he paid $800 for his. I'll get the particulars from him tomorrow.
First stand this morning.
 -

Cal Taylor
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted February 24, 2007 08:37 AM      Profile for Cal Taylor   Email Cal Taylor         Edit/Delete Post 
Our cactus is smaller. But since we are posting the "touchy feely" sissy pretty pictures, even I have had to stop and grab the camera.

-

--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

FoxPro Field Staff Member

Posts: 1069 | From: Wyoming | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
coyote whacker
Member # 639

Icon 1 posted February 24, 2007 10:31 AM      Profile for coyote whacker           Edit/Delete Post 
I guess we all have a soft side LOL!

-

--------------------

Wiley E
Member # 108

Icon 1 posted February 24, 2007 02:20 PM      Profile for Wiley E   Email Wiley E         Edit/Delete Post 
NOT ME!!

@!%*^&%#&*@!%&#@!*&*^@#!&!!!!!!!

Higgy, did you get that picture I sent you?

~SH~

[ February 24, 2007, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: Wiley E ]

Posts: 853 | From: Kadoka, S.D | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 24, 2007 02:57 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
[Razz]

[ March 28, 2010, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5062 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters