The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Tell me about it… (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Tell me about it…
Q-Wagoner
FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted September 04, 2007 06:59 PM      Profile for Q-Wagoner           Edit/Delete Post 
Haven’t been keeping up on all the board gossip and goings on but I was wondering if any one knows why Murry Bunham dumped Foxpro and went to Maniska? Also I heard from a good source that Randy Anderson just got back from Africa and he was using a Maniska for his e-calling?

What is the scoop fellas?

Good hunting.

Q,

Posts: 617 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 04, 2007 07:22 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I heard something along those lines, but don't know details. Sounds like interesting stuff. I also heard that BS is a full time employee at Foxpro?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31467 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
albert
Knows what it's all about
Member # 98

Icon 1 posted September 05, 2007 05:43 AM      Profile for albert   Email albert         Edit/Delete Post 
$

--------------------
for what it's worth, eh!

Posts: 195 | From: Parkland, saskatchewan, canada | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
3 Toes
El Guapo
Member # 1327

Icon 1 posted September 05, 2007 06:58 AM      Profile for 3 Toes           Edit/Delete Post 
I honestly don't know Q, I haven't been able to keep up with all the trades. I'm planning on staying where I'm at and for me there are no $$ involved for being on the fieldstaff. I sell a few sounds and am happy with the Dillons and FoxPro.

[ September 05, 2007, 06:59 AM: Message edited by: 3 Toes ]

--------------------
Violence may not be the best option....
But it is still an option.

Posts: 1034 | From: out yonder | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
Randy Roede
"It's Roede, like in Yotie
Member # 1273

Icon 1 posted September 05, 2007 09:23 AM      Profile for Randy Roede   Email Randy Roede         Edit/Delete Post 
Q, I heard Randy and Murray's 40 yard times had been slipping a bit, I guess Randy's off season work wasn't what they had wanted,few lbs. over, common thing in Randy's, plus with the salary cap thing.

With all the good free agents out there it's tough to keep a good field staff team together anymore!

--------------------
The only person dumber than the village idiot is the person who argues with him!

Posts: 669 | From: Pierre SD | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted September 05, 2007 09:29 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
....like herding cats?

[ September 05, 2007, 09:29 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted September 05, 2007 10:41 AM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
If Minaska doesn't get my caller back to me by next week, I don't care if they add Jesus Christ, I'm going to dump them and pick up a new Fox Pro.
Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted September 05, 2007 10:54 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
As a matter of fact, Tom, there is an upcoming announcement that we've kept close to the vest, but I can't discuss it. If it makes you feel any better, they told me to hold onto my old style caller until the got caught up with you guys' which means I'm still using this thing from, like, the last century.

Sure, Q, don't even show up for eight or nine months, then when you do, you start stirring the big ol' turd pot. LOL

Actually, this "ours" vs "theirs" thing is getting pretty raucous anymore and it's sure pushing both sides to provide a better product. I'm trying to see the downside.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 05, 2007 11:23 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, guess what? These guys deserve a friggin' announcement. It's rediculous to send in an expensive machine for an upgrade and here it is, practically hunting season, and what the hell is going on? "Screw" this close to the vest shit. It's not good business, in my view. And, that's why I haven't sent that package. I don't trust the infrastructure.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Randy Roede
"It's Roede, like in Yotie
Member # 1273

Icon 1 posted September 05, 2007 11:40 AM      Profile for Randy Roede   Email Randy Roede         Edit/Delete Post 
Instead of update, maybe recall would be more believable.

--------------------
The only person dumber than the village idiot is the person who argues with him!

Posts: 669 | From: Pierre SD | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted September 05, 2007 01:28 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Lance, having a call to use is a little different than my situation no matter what technology it uses. Remember I was told 6 weeks in March so I sent mine in.

I'm afraid to say too much (sorry Leonard) because that seems to be part of the original problem. Here's a clue, don't announce a marvelous upgrade until you're ready to ship those units!!!

My new call is being shipped today, after talking with Brad I feel confident it will be a good caller. The downside is I had no problems with it to begin with.

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Q-Wagoner
FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted September 05, 2007 02:49 PM      Profile for Q-Wagoner           Edit/Delete Post 
Not stirring any turds here. Honestly I don’t have a bad word to say about the foxpro or the minaska or there owners for that manner. I have helped Mike get lined up on some African sounds and a photo of Shaw and I was in a flyer for Minaska. Just happy to help. I am in no ones pocket so it doesn’t matter to me one way or another who’s “side” who is on. LOL I hold a few guys on the foxpro pro staff in high regards and others I think are frauds. Same with Miniska so it is a wash for me. Hell I don’t even own an e-caller!

I just think it is odd that two very influential people jumped ship at foxpro? There has got to be a story to go with it. My first guess was that they were pushed out by a very territorial male [Big Grin] ? Could be wrong though.

Good hunting.

Q,

Posts: 617 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 05, 2007 03:11 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's interesting? Could very well be true?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted September 05, 2007 03:22 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Uhhhh, for the record, my remark about the announcement was in reference to Tom's remark about Jesus being a prospect for Minaska's Field Staff, and was meant purely in jest. As far as the announcement about the upgrade, I don't have any more current information on those goings ons than any of you. If I did, I'd have told you. As stated, I was told to hold onto mine until everyone else's was upgraded, aka, I'm Field Staff yet all the customers are being taken care of before I am, and that's not a problem for me.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 05, 2007 04:09 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the clarification, Lance. Not at all how I interpreted your previous post?

But, they need to hire some help, or something? Everybody is getting anxious.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

rainshadow1
Member # 899

Icon 1 posted September 05, 2007 04:27 PM      Profile for rainshadow1   Author's Homepage   Email rainshadow1         Edit/Delete Post 
Cdog, I read the close to the vest comment the same as Leonard did... Now that you clarify, that's purdy funny!

I have to agree with you, hard to see the downside with this competition. E-calls are improving exponentially... and FAST.

[ September 05, 2007, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: rainshadow1 ]

--------------------
- - Steve
RainShadow Game Calls & Custom Knives
Cougar E-Sound Library, Hand Calls, & Call-In Story Library.
www.rain-shadow.com

Posts: 152 | From: NW Washington | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 05, 2007 04:35 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Fast is right once we get the headphones distributed to all the coyotes the callers will be no larger than an Ipod
PM

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 6 posted September 05, 2007 07:32 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
"E-calls are improving exponentially... and FAST."
----------------------------
Rainshadow,
You think E callers are improving fast and I agree, but you should see my new digital camera results. It has a shutter speed so fast that I can get a photo of a woman with her mouth shut. [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted September 05, 2007 08:07 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Hell Rich, next thing you'll be telling us is that you got a picture of bigfoot. That there's two things that you hear about, but nobody's ever seen. [Wink]

--------------------

Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted September 05, 2007 08:51 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich,

Show me! That's something I can't believe. You should have said you caught a bigfoot, I'd have believed that one!

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
rainshadow1
Member # 899

Icon 1 posted September 05, 2007 10:31 PM      Profile for rainshadow1   Author's Homepage   Email rainshadow1         Edit/Delete Post 
Mr Cronk wouldn't lie... I don't think... Maybe she was sleeping. [Confused]

--------------------
- - Steve
RainShadow Game Calls & Custom Knives
Cougar E-Sound Library, Hand Calls, & Call-In Story Library.
www.rain-shadow.com

Posts: 152 | From: NW Washington | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted September 06, 2007 11:34 AM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Yea I'm confused too... [Confused]

Randy Anderson and Murry Burnam jumping the Foxpro ship for Minasaka,and Rich Cronk jumping the Minasaka ship for Foxpro.LOL

I feel like I'm watching the coyote version of "Jerry Maguire" "Show me the Money" LOL

Good Hunting Chad

Edit for spelling

[ September 06, 2007, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: UTcaller ]

Posts: 1614 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted September 06, 2007 11:47 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
UTcaller,
Money had nothing to do with my decision to resign my Field Staff position with Minaska. I'm just rather particular about who I hang around with is all. I have no problem with the Borland brothers or their products either. I am very happy at FoxPro now. The Dillons are great to work with, and my new FX-5 is top notch also.
Good hunting,
Rich

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted September 06, 2007 12:10 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich I'm just messin with you.I agree both E-callers are top knotch, I really like my Foxpro and think you made a good choice.

Good Hunting Chad

[ September 06, 2007, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: UTcaller ]

Posts: 1614 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted September 06, 2007 04:27 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Money! What money?

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters