The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » World calling Contest ??????? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: World calling Contest ???????
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2007 10:17 AM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody know when and where? I've heard Williams again and Dec.1,2 any body heard anything?
Posts: 1612 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2007 10:24 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Williams. Nov. 29-30 Dec.1
IP: Logged
KevinKKaller
Knows what it's all about
Member # 559

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2007 07:59 PM      Profile for KevinKKaller   Author's Homepage   Email KevinKKaller         Edit/Delete Post 
If you have hunted Before you should have gotten your invitation in the mail about 1 month ago or so.
Hope to see you thear.

Rich are you going to be thear?
Would like to see you Lenord Cal and More again

Good Hunting Kevin

--------------------
Maker of K-Kalls

Posts: 126 | From: Idaho | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2007 08:39 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Yup, Tyler and I entered again.
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 20, 2007 11:09 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang, I hate hearing that. I wonder if Tom sent in our application, yet? Oh well. LB

edit: PS Chad, you need to contact them and tell them that you know somebody he knows, like me or Higgins, or anybody that has received an invitation in the past. I forget the man's name, but Rich knows it. I hope you make it, and if you do, I think you stand a real good chance of success, since you already know the area where most will be concentrating their efforts.

Good hunting. LB

[ September 20, 2007, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted September 20, 2007 11:21 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
What does it take to get in?

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 20, 2007 11:54 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
What? Cost? I don't remember if it was $250 each, or for the team, then you have to survive the auction for your team, which I think you can buy for $300?

Well, I have the application, come to think of it...duh!

Let's see....

Arizona Predator Callers
PO Box 1172
Mesa, AZ 85211-1172
Mike Burris VP 1-480 654-1411

It's $250 per team. plus the Calcutta, if you want it? And yes, it will be in Williams. Some Honky Tonk? Forget the name of the place? I guess they give you that information when you pay?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted September 20, 2007 12:33 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Just curious. Hearing about invites, didnt know if it was "open" or not. If I dont get healed and a truck by campout time, I thought this might be a good time?

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted September 20, 2007 12:50 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Leonard and Rich for the info.I don't know for sure if I will be going but my brother wants me to sign us up real bad, so just wanted to get the info down.I don't know about how successful we would be,with You and Higgins and Cal, a guy doesn't stand much of a chance.But sounds like loads of fun anyway.$250 per team isn't to bad.Tell me about the calcutta...

Good Hunting Chad

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 20, 2007 01:13 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Calcutta. They offer a chance for you to buy an interest in any team. Bidding starts at $50, and if nobody else wants it, you can buy your team for $50. A lot of these guys jack up the price, not because they want your team, but because they want you to pay more for it. I think it's the same as shilling, but the purpose is to create a larger pool of money for the winners. I think if the bidding goes to $300, then the team involved has the option. Most of the teams are auctioned for less than $100, but maybe ten or so go for the top price? This would be those that have done well, in the past, of course. Potentually, you can double your money between the competition prize money and the Calcutta money.

There is also a pool for small dog and large dog, $20 each. Lots of ways to spend your money.

But, if you are thinking of entering, get your money in as early as possible, because I think there is a limit on the number of teams and there are no last minute sign ups at the hunt?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted September 20, 2007 02:26 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Yea it really does sound like alot of fun.I guess I'll have to decide soon.Hell, it would be worth it just to talk with You,Rich H. and some of the other guys from Huntmasters.....

Good Hunting Chad

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted September 20, 2007 05:34 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
I hope you do make it, Chad. There will be lot of guys there that you know. The 1st and 2nd place teams last year hunted N. Nv. A place you're kinda familiar with. Mike Burris runs the show and he will accept applications until Nov. 15 or 100 teams sign up.
KevinKKaller
Member # 559

Icon 1 posted September 20, 2007 06:11 PM      Profile for KevinKKaller   Author's Homepage   Email KevinKKaller         Edit/Delete Post 
I think a good time is had by all
I even met Lenord last year. Nice guy (Old but Nice)LOL
Sorry len I just had to. Hope to see you again!

Dont forget the mid west champs Git your info at

www.predatorsniperstyx.com

Brent realy puts together a great hunt too.

Hope to see you thear
Good Hunting Kevin

--------------------
Maker of K-Kalls

JeremyKS
Member # 736

Icon 1 posted September 20, 2007 07:28 PM      Profile for JeremyKS   Author's Homepage   Email JeremyKS         Edit/Delete Post 
I sure wish this was about a week earlier. It always falls during Kansas' Deer season.

Does anybody ever go to the Rawlins Hunt?

Posts: 369 | From: Texas panhandle | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
22-250
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted September 21, 2007 12:15 AM      Profile for 22-250           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,

We were submitt three weeks ago. Have not got the information back from Mike Burris.

--------------------
The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him and even the flea would desert him for a velocipede.

Posts: 108 | From: Longview, Texas, glad to be gone | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bryan J
Cap and Trade Weenie
Member # 106

Icon 1 posted September 23, 2007 08:53 AM      Profile for Bryan J   Email Bryan J         Edit/Delete Post 
“I think if the bidding goes to $300, then the team involved has the option.” LB

Leonard this is not the case. In 2005 when we were in Elko I watched a bidding war go as high as $2,000 for a team. The two parties got together and made a deal. Apparently the bidder outside of the team was willing to go as high as $3,000. That is when I knew this particular team had found some coyotes. I had seen them let others buy them for $150 in the past. If you want to buy out for the $300 or whatever it is you have to do it before the auction starts.

I guess it is official Kirby and I are not going this year. I kind of have mixed feelings about it.

Cal, when is Rawlings?

Posts: 599 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
KevinKKaller
Member # 559

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2007 08:32 PM      Profile for KevinKKaller   Author's Homepage   Email KevinKKaller         Edit/Delete Post 
JeremyKS I havent seen Your name on the midwest list yet?

You arnt planing on sitting out this year are you?

Hope to see you again. Try the world It is also a good hunt
Lots of people you will know.

Rich and Lenord Cant wait to see you guys again Hope to get to talk to you a little more this year.
Last year was pritty fast and furies I wanted to go on down to SE AZ to see my Mom and kids but had to hury back to Id I hope to have a few more days this year

See you in AZ
Good Hunting Kevin

--------------------
Maker of K-Kalls

Hawkeye
Member # 216

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2007 07:56 PM      Profile for Hawkeye   Email Hawkeye         Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin I will be at the world hunt see you there.
Posts: 71 | From: Tucson,AZ | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 27, 2007 11:16 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Watch out for Hawkeye, he's a real killer. I want my money back!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted September 27, 2007 12:00 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin, Jeremy can't hunt the St. Francis next year with his regular partner, because they won twice in a row. (Contest rules.) I doubt he will pick another partner to hunt it with, so I wouldn't expect him to participate.

[ September 27, 2007, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: NASA ]

Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted September 27, 2007 01:33 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
But, wait until '09, huh?

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 27, 2007 02:31 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe? But, if he doesn't hunt with someone else, this year, I'd be a little disappointed.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted September 27, 2007 04:07 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
You have to consider Jeremy's unique situation. Only he and his partner have the XXX super top secret cryptographic knowledge of where those contest winning honey holes are located. Is he willing to risk sharing that ultra-secret information with another "partner"? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 27, 2007 05:03 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's exactly what I mean, Tom.

I don't want to put him on the spot, here. But, the information I have heard says that he has exclusive access to this property anyway, and it is close to the venue. Perhaps it would support two teams? If not, perhaps they could just hunt one day within the honey hole and one day behind some other locked gates in the neighborhood, as I also have heard that he is a local with quite a few connections.

Jeremy, believe me, I have nothing nothing personal, I'm just talking. But, I think it would demonstrate goodwill to split your team and risk your entry fee for the sake of the hunt.

Another thing. One reason why I would not attend the Midwest again is because of access, virtually all the top teams have secured access behind locked gates. This is not possible driving from California. I had to hunt the property assigned, or drive to open range a great distance away, with no scouting, which is not a fair situation, as far as I'm concerned. This is why I like the World format better because they expressly forbid hunting where access is restricted. It is strictly public ground hunting, or ranches that allow hunters to sign in and out with free access.

Now, I wasn't born yesterday, but we had a situation where we saw three coyotes and killed two coyotes, in two days. I don't think a situation where someone else kills fifteen animals demonstrates that we were playing on a level field.

However, I don't know what to do about it, other than spending a month or two back there, and that's not practical, either.

Good hunting. LB [Smile]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

KevinKKaller
Member # 559

Icon 1 posted September 27, 2007 05:53 PM      Profile for KevinKKaller   Author's Homepage   Email KevinKKaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Nasa as you know I have hunted the midwest the last 2 years and that is wy I asked if JK was going to set out or team up with another pardner.
:enord It is hard to compeat with the locals that have privet land But it is still a great hunt!
I will Continyou to go to Ks. Last year My hunt pard Gary from AZ and I hunted walk in (Public) only got to hunt the first day couldent get off the main roads the second and still took second in the Non pro class.
Wold have been at the bottom of the money in the pro class. We had no scouting time. This year we are hunting the pro class

Hawkeye cant wait to see you again.
Are you going to make it to ID next Month? I havent herd back from you.

The worl hunt is going to be funn I wont get to scout but plan on hunting the same country We hunted last year Gary and I did respectabole and think we will again this year

Good LUCK To all that hunt. and hope to meet you all ate the hunts

Good Hunting Kevin

--------------------
Maker of K-Kalls

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters