The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Back in Action

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Back in Action
Dusty Hunter
Knows what it's all about
Member # 1031

Icon 1 posted January 23, 2008 05:39 PM      Profile for Dusty Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
 -
First day's results of coyote hunting after spending so much time bagging a javelina. Enjoyed the javelina hunt, but now I'm back where the action is. One male and one female today out of four stands, 27 lbs each and approx 3 yrs old. The female had beautiful fur. Fred

Posts: 346 | From: AZ | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 23, 2008 05:46 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Love dem shades. Way to go, Fred.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31492 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 23, 2008 05:54 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Pleeeze no do rag Fred!
old joke Ill explain later.
PM

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Dusty Hunter
Member # 1031

Icon 1 posted January 23, 2008 06:14 PM      Profile for Dusty Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, Those coyotes didn't get past me today but your joke sure did. [Smile] By the way, a couple fellas stopped and looked at the coyotes and said they want me to come out and hunt them on their ranch. I don't know how big the place is - I'll soon check it out. I may need your help soon !!! Send me an email about that joke. Fred
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted January 23, 2008 06:49 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice looking coyotes Fred. and congrats..
Now you save some for me if i come out again next fall.. [Smile]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5084 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Dusty Hunter
Member # 1031

Icon 1 posted January 23, 2008 07:19 PM      Profile for Dusty Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, Still trying to figure the joke out. [Roll Eyes] Edited to avoid second guessing.
Just a note: today, Thurs, I was going to head back toward Heber but I got up early and it is snowing. Guess I'll have to check out that property another day.

[ January 24, 2008, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: Dusty Hunter ]

Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted January 23, 2008 08:34 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Paul, Still trying to figgure the joke out. Edited to avoid second guessing .
LOL For not knowing the joke, sure seems like you do. In fact, you just unwillingly participated! LOL

Good one Fred! [Big Grin]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2008 09:27 AM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
I re-read your post. I take it back. "Duuuuuuuh!" You were williningly participating.

Still a good one. In fact, even better than I originally thought!

Embarrassed that I overlooked the obvious! [Smile]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2008 11:57 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Now I'm in the dark? Shades and do rag can only mean one thing? I thought? Now, I don't get it, either?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Locohead
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2008 01:17 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
another hint then

quote:
Guess I'll have to check out that property another day.

Am I the one in the dark stating the obvious again. Just trying to be helpful but I might be foolishifying myself.

--------------------

Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2008 01:51 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Good job Fred.

Austin pointed out your boots in the pics you sent me. Did you get some like mine?

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
skoal
Member # 1492

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2008 02:42 PM      Profile for skoal           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey
local I be lovifing you new language

Posts: 251 | From: desert s.w. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Dusty Hunter
Member # 1031

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2008 03:51 PM      Profile for Dusty Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Andy, Yes, I did get some boots like yours. Really like them. And I'd like to have Austin on a stand with me sometime - he must have some sharp eyes to notice that!
Dusty Hunter
Member # 1031

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2008 04:33 PM      Profile for Dusty Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Fellas I like a good joke also. However I have to admit that what this is leading to is not what I intended. I wear sunglasses here in Arizona because to these pacific northwest eyes that sun is damn bright. Whenever friends come to visit from out of the area I remind them to bring their sun glasses. I haven’t participated on these boards very long so I don’t know the history from them. In my latter years I’m more interested in getting along and helping people. I was just excited that on my first trip out after a long absence of coyote hunting that I had such a good day. Just wanted to share it with friends. Glenn is welcome in my home. Fred
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2008 04:53 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think it's leading anywhere, Fred. It was a harmless joke. not like anybody was vilifying Glenn. Geeze, if we can't get the benefit of doubt from our regular customers, there are others that will undoubtedly criticize imaginary insults.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

KevinKKaller
Member # 559

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2008 07:06 PM      Profile for KevinKKaller   Author's Homepage   Email KevinKKaller         Edit/Delete Post 
D H Wear them shades or you might have to go threw Cateract sergery Like I have had to in Both eyes.
I would rather have my old eyes back in good condition.
Its Hell getting old! LOL

Good Hunting Kevin

--------------------
Maker of K-Kalls

Posts: 126 | From: Idaho | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2008 07:29 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
I worked as a weldor for maybe ten years or so. Welded aluminum for maybe five years. Heli Arc is the worst because it don't LOOK bright, but will still burn your eyes. Back in those days, my eyes were flash burned many times. Sometimes my eyes were burned so badly that I couldn't stand the light from my television without wearing sun glasses. I think the welding arc emits the same type of harmful rays as natural sunlight. Now get this--I am 67 years old, and no sign of cataracts. Splain that to me Lucy. [Wink]

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2008 07:55 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You should have been using a dark lens, Rich? You were, weren't you?

Maybe an 11 is adequate for most TIG applications, like stainless, at least back in the old days(?) but for my money, welding aluminum requires a bit stronger shade.

Those shades Fred has would probably be adequate for some cutting opperations using oxyacetylene?

Flash burns are usually caused when you are around somebody that doesn't know how to strike an arc, and you aren't wearing eye protection. Other than that, I can't 'splain it? Beats me?

Good hunting. LB

edit: come to think of it, that's the answer! Fred was doing a little welding, that afternoon.

[ January 24, 2008, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted January 25, 2008 05:39 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,
Yes on your darker lens for aluminum. It's been a long time now, but I think I used a #9 lens for steel, and #10 or 11 for aluminum. I was buliding the aluminum tanks for Fruehoff. The tanks were all lined up in a row, with many employee's welding on them. You have to raise your welding hood now and then to see what you are doing so ZZZAAAPPPP! Now those were the days. [Wink]

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 25, 2008 06:30 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Quote:Dusty Hunter
card carrying PAKMAN
Member # 1031

posted January 24, 2008 04:33 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Fellas I like a good joke also. However I have to admit that what this is leading to is not what I intended. I wear sunglasses here in Arizona because to these pacific northwest eyes that sun is damn bright. Whenever friends come to visit from out of the area I remind them to bring their sun glasses. I haven’t participated on these boards very long so I don’t know the history from them. In my latter years I’m more interested in getting along and helping people. I was just excited that on my first trip out after a long absence of coyote hunting that I had such a good day. Just wanted to share it with friends. Glenn is welcome in my home. Fred "

Thats what cracks me up about posting on the net most of the people that do battle would not have problema just sitting around the campfire. and would be welcome in my home as well.
Its easy to miss the meaning in a flat mode. ,no tone , no inflection ,and damnit no hand gestures.
PM

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Dusty Hunter
Member # 1031

Icon 1 posted January 25, 2008 07:22 AM      Profile for Dusty Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Good point, Paul. I was a steel fabricator/welder for many years. I learned to protect my eyes. It's just a habit now. At age 58, I don't think I have a big ego. When the doc tells me he needs a urine and stool sample, I hand him a pair of my undershorts. LOL I'm just looking forward to hunting as long as I can. Thanks for the good comments. Fred
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 5 posted January 25, 2008 07:53 AM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Fred, What did you do after you got out of welding/fabricating?
Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 25, 2008 10:36 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Let me field this one, Fred. He's retired, and dealing in investments. Man, you should see his charts!

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dusty Hunter
Member # 1031

Icon 1 posted January 26, 2008 06:42 PM      Profile for Dusty Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Lonny, Leonard is right about that one. I just got back from the Quartzsite, AZ experience. Man, I'm tired! Since my welding days, I've been hunting, traveling, meeting some awesome coyote hunters/trappers and anything else I like to do. Mostly, I like learning about predators and hunting them for 4 months of the year. I don't sleep in, I spend a good amount of time exploring the AZ desert. Fred "edited for better content."

[ January 26, 2008, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: Dusty Hunter ]

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters