The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Eat Crow lil boys

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eat Crow lil boys
Crow Woman
Knows what it's all about
Member # 157

Icon 6 posted March 11, 2008 09:43 AM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
Same scenario as Thursday night. I used the Mad Growl for the “lower deeper tone pitch” that my “eastern” coyotes back here like better and actually communicate back to. Then went into the “testosterone” chirps. Lots of chatting among them as one came in. Total time was about 12 minutes. 35lb male. March 10th 7:30 p.m.

Don’t understand how you guys aren’t getting any results from the chirping. So keep on cackling and I’ll keep on chirping and getting them to my gun. [Wink]

-

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Lord, Please give me peace, because if you give me strength, I might beat someone to death!

Posts: 687 | From: Covington | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted March 11, 2008 09:50 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Go get 'em, Sheri. Did you get the e-mail I sent you?

Good job!

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted March 12, 2008 03:04 AM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Lance, I think you'll appreciate this. His tail had some history of mange at one time or another. His hair was growing back but still it was scragly looking.

So I was going to have a pedastol mount done on him. While driving down to the taxidermist, an idea popped into my head... I know... it happens sometimes... lol

So I brainstormed with the taxidermist. He skinned half of the coyote, from the middle of the body, including the front legs and head.

The finished product will be, the coyote will be coming out of a rock ledge den. While it is doing that it will be, as if it is reaching up with it's mouth open going after a crow that will be flying off of the top of the den with wings fully in flight. He said he will have just the middle toe of the crow touching the top rock.

So after all of these years and giving my coyotes away other than the 60lb one, I will finally be having a piece of art for myself. I'll send pics when it's done. It will probably be sometime. Or maybe not. It only took him three monthes to get Gary's turkey back. He's pretty excited at the concept of this mount. And of course, so am I!

When he was skinning it, he found the left shoulder and neck area full of BB's. It must have crossed pathes with some rabbit hunter way back.

I'm also having the skull bugged. I want Rich to age it for me. He's got some lousy teeth, broken and worn down.

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Lord, Please give me peace, because if you give me strength, I might beat someone to death!

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted March 12, 2008 03:35 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll look forward to seeing the mount when it's finished. Sounds like a great idea.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
CBGC
Member # 643

Icon 1 posted March 12, 2008 03:19 PM      Profile for CBGC   Author's Homepage   Email CBGC         Edit/Delete Post 
Great stuff Sheri... with a capital "G"... This time of year coyotes are wise...tons of coyote hunts, deer season, bear season you name it...lots of people in the woods. Anything too give you an edge.... U keep chirpN!!!
--dave

--------------------
Save a Deer Shoot a Road Hunter!
http://www.CritterBuster.com

Posts: 46 | From: PA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Doug
Member # 31

Icon 14 posted March 12, 2008 04:07 PM      Profile for Doug           Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go Sheri. That should make a nice mount. [Wink]
Doug

--------------------
My mountain cur thinks I'm God.

Posts: 69 | From: Northern Colorado | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted March 12, 2008 05:21 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.wnep.com/Global/category.asp?C=13467&nav=menu158_1

That is a link to Sheri's TV interview.

HI Dave. Don't see nearly enough of you.

IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted March 12, 2008 05:48 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Which one is about her?
Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 12, 2008 06:08 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, that and who's Dave?

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted March 12, 2008 06:08 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Go down the left hand side to PA OUTDOOR LIFE and click on that link. Then you can click on the video links which are on the right hand side:

POL 3/2 Part 1 (Not much in there. Just talking about mange)

Pennsylvania Outdoor Life 3/9 Part 3 (Interview and hunting)

IP: Logged
Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted March 13, 2008 05:16 AM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
You are so right Dave... Thanks Rich is correct, we don't see enough of you around here!

Doug??!!?? My goodness, it's good to hear from you. I'm pretty excited at what it will look like.

Thanks Rich... didn't know you were going to post about my 5 minutes of fame... lol

NASA... hope you are doing better.

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

CBGC
Member # 643

Icon 1 posted March 14, 2008 12:13 PM      Profile for CBGC   Author's Homepage   Email CBGC         Edit/Delete Post 
Good interview Sheri.... I get over here usually a couple times a week and read... There are some good threads on this board... Speaking of good reads...great articale in the last PE Rich....enjoyed it very much...

--------------------
Save a Deer Shoot a Road Hunter!
http://www.CritterBuster.com

Posts: 46 | From: PA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2008 03:18 AM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Dave... as far as the PE article from Rich, it looks like I picked a bad time to let my subscription run out [Frown]

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters