The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » (Dr. Numi Mitchell) Narragansett Bay Coyote Study

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: (Dr. Numi Mitchell) Narragansett Bay Coyote Study
Buckwheat
Knows what it's all about
Member # 655

Icon 1 posted August 18, 2008 10:51 AM      Profile for Buckwheat   Author's Homepage   Email Buckwheat         Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a link that was posted on another board about coyotes by Dave at Critter Buster came calls. He spent some time there and liked the information and people.
Here is the link that was posted on another board about coyotes. I know it is in the north east, but some pretty good information. I am sure it can help put some myths to rest and probably start new ones.

http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=tYLY4WSp3Fs

Posts: 21 | From: Pa. | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 18, 2008 11:02 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
And, I stumbled across this video while losing attention for the lecture. I wonder if the guy in this video ever heard of the original innovator of Dykem for night hunting....me? And, the first to promote it on the Internet?

Some day, I will receive the glory I deserve.

http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=A0joMHaPqGo&feature=related

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31467 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Buckwheat
Member # 655

Icon 1 posted August 18, 2008 12:18 PM      Profile for Buckwheat   Author's Homepage   Email Buckwheat         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard
I already think you are known for a lot of stuff and a run with the well know or I would not have posted this information on your board for professional opinions and discussions.

But if you are up set with this kid just out of high school not giving you recognition and it makes you feel better, I will spend the rest of the day telling people the original innovator of Dykem for night hunting was you. However AL Gore invented the internet so I would have the ability to tell everyone. But when I do this I might be thanking Al Gore and you in the same time. If so, I will not be able to tell anyone, I never like Al Gore
Ernie

[ August 18, 2008, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: Buckwheat ]

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 18, 2008 12:45 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll get over it.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

bigben
Member # 864

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2008 09:59 AM      Profile for bigben           Edit/Delete Post 
sorry LB. that was me. I did not know who was the first guy that came up with it. I just thought one day that it might work. tried it and liked it. I have found that these boards now a days I do not say who was the first to came up with it. there is allways someone that came up with it first. I never say in the video that I was the first to come up with it. only stateing that is what I use. I caught a lot of hell about this video from all the pros saying that I am too new at this to be doing videos and putting them up. the way I figured atleast I was giving information that I came up with. this is the way I hunt not the way it has to be done. after explaining how I use lights a million times I figured it would be easier to make a short vid. I have nothing but the intrest in helping others learn how to hunt predators. takereasy LB from the ungrateful kid.

ps I hoped you picked up the sarcasim in the last line sir. I pretty much just lurk here and do not really post much. hopefully learning something along the way.

PSS ernie I been out of high school for 5 years so does that qualify as just out of high school?

[ August 19, 2008, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: bigben ]

Posts: 54 | From: sc pa. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
bigben
Member # 864

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2008 10:11 AM      Profile for bigben           Edit/Delete Post 
I imagine that you are or were also a machinist leonard? that was how i found out about dykem. takereasy. ben smyser
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2008 10:17 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
No need for apologees, ben. My point was that since I first began sharing knowledge of this (the use of Dykem) on the Internet, it has multiplied many times over and nobody remembers the source.

Believe me, I consider Dykem to be a very valuable tool for night hunting and am proud of my discovery. Previously, we were using plastic, or red paint. The plastic added weight, or wasn't durable, if using film. The red paint scorched. Dykem is virtually permanent, virtually weightless, and remains clear despite high bulb temperatures. It makes any spotlight a decent hunting light. After 25 years, I'm still excited about it.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Buckwheat
Member # 655

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2008 10:52 AM      Profile for Buckwheat   Author's Homepage   Email Buckwheat         Edit/Delete Post 
Lenard
Thanks, I know I new nothing about Dykem until you and a few guys talked about it on the internet years back. I have tried it and it works great.
Thanks for being polite Lenard, and yes Ben you are still wet behind the ears. LOL
Ernie

bigben
Member # 864

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2008 11:49 AM      Profile for bigben           Edit/Delete Post 
leonard I would like to thank you for all that you have given freely so that others learning curves do not look like circles. not many anymore give out good information. you are a good man. takereasy ben smyser
George Ackley
Member # 898

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2008 11:52 AM      Profile for George Ackley   Email George Ackley         Edit/Delete Post 
Dykem never held up for me, it would peel off ???
it would work the first night but it would start to peel after it was in and out of my truck a couple times, anything that would hit the lens world knock it off

what's the trick to keeping it on LB

Posts: 465 | From: PHILA . PA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2008 12:29 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
George! What are you talking about? That stuff will remain on and never peel off. In fact, it is almost impossible to remove, unless you use the special Dykem solvent. Either your application was incompetent, or you were not using Dykem. It's bulletproof! Sorry, I don't believe it. I'm totally serious. I need some specifics.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dan Carey
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2008 12:47 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
The stuff is as tough as a boot. Get it on your hands and see. I have a few pieces of metal laying around with it on them that could 20 years old.
IP: Logged
bigben
Member # 864

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2008 01:02 PM      Profile for bigben           Edit/Delete Post 
the only way i found to get it off is paint remover or dykem remover. or take your knife out and scrape it off. if you had grease or something on the lense it will not take as well.

ps don't mind me george I am a kid that is new at this and has no clue remember.

George Ackley
Member # 898

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2008 01:25 PM      Profile for George Ackley   Email George Ackley         Edit/Delete Post 
that's what I used red Dykem,,
could it have been to cold?
I put it on a lens up in Maine indoors used it 2 night when it start flaking off .
do you think the heat of the light then the sudden cold could do it?
candle power was I think 250,000
weather was in the low teens

you could peal it right of the lens with your finger tip, and yes it was red Dykem

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2008 01:39 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it is possible, if the bulb itself was below zero, that you applied it to a frosted, or on a very cold lens? I don't know, but if it flaked off, that falls under the catagory of (ahem) bad application.

Do yourself a favor and spray in on at room temperature: IT WILL NOT COME OFF ! I promise!

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Joel Hughes
SPECIAL GUEST
Member # 384

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2008 02:52 PM      Profile for Joel Hughes           Edit/Delete Post 
I will vouch for its durability as well. I have it on a LF and a q beam. It is there from now on. Like Leonard, I am shocked to read that someone has had that problem. In fact, I posted a question to Leonard some time back asking how to remove it. He pointed out to me that they actually se ll dykem remover. Maybe it was the cold, but there was definitely something wrong with your application process.
Posts: 145 | From: texas | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
George Ackley
Member # 898

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2008 03:25 PM      Profile for George Ackley   Email George Ackley         Edit/Delete Post 
could be, all I did was spay it on and go

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters