The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Good Bye 2009

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Good Bye 2009
Crow Woman
Knows what it's all about
Member # 157

Icon 14 posted January 01, 2010 09:54 AM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
This is what I kissed at 11:41 p.m. New Years Eve! 55 1/2 inch stretch and 25" girth. Happy New Years Everyone!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v117/crowfly/Pennsylvania%20Coyotes/goodbye2009.jpg

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v117/crowfly/Pennsylvania%20Coyotes

Edit cause I can never remember how to post pics... [Frown]

[ January 01, 2010, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: Crow Woman ]

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Lord, Please give me peace, because if you give me strength, I might beat someone to death!

Posts: 687 | From: Covington | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2010 11:06 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, what did you kill him with? You know, bullet, cartridge, MV, terminal damage, etc.? At least you didn't use a machinegun! (AR) Pay attention, Kelly! It can be done!

Happy New Year! LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2010 01:17 PM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
lol... forgive me LB for letting a few minor details out. I was just so danged thrilled to say goodbye to 2009 [Wink]

I used my usual Leonard. My .243 that was overhauled by Bob Hart. Wood stock, painted black. Hart barrel, 8 X 18 X 50 scope Bushnell Banner. And I also used my usual bullets. My factory loads. Winchester power points 100 grain. They have not let me down EVER! Operator error has let me down before [Big Grin]

I shot a coyote and he jumped the fence. The boys are going to track him in a little bit. I found two spots of blood where he layed down to lick his wound. I got right on the open reed and started yelping. Then this one came out. I did my "Kiss of Death" and he stopped for a great shot at about 125 yards away. I tried to get him before he hit a diverstion ditch and then I would lose him.

Now, someone please explain this next step to me because, not being allowed to hunt them, I'm totally baffled. After shooting this one, I got on the open reed call again and yelped some more. One coyote barked once and then out came an animal right for the distress yelp. It was a Bobcat! Why in the heck would they respond to a distress coyote yelp? Anyway, he got up to within 30 yards and still coming when I figured I should do something about it. So I whispered really loud... "Hey... shhhhhh... get out of here... go away... you take one more step and I'll have to shoot you!" It sat down then and stared. So I let out a sailors burp that would make a grown seaman blush and you should have seen him get up, do an about face and head for the scrubs at a dead run! lololol

Is that enough details or do you need more? Color of underwear of something [Big Grin]

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Lord, Please give me peace, because if you give me strength, I might beat someone to death!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2010 08:16 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Quite sufficient, thank you.

Can't hunt bobcat? How's that for chickenshit?

Happy New Year! LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted January 02, 2010 03:05 AM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
Yup... we are overrun with bobcats up here. And if you didn't pay your extra dollars on a furtakers license to enter the lottery for a tag then you have no chance at winning. And then lets say you did enter the contest, no guarantee's you will get picked. Just another freakin money maker for the good ole PA Game Commission. Don't care about the over populating problem... just the almighty dollar IMHO. Last year I think they were up to 1250 tags they gave out for the entire state of PA. Someone else from PA can correct me if this number is wrong.

It's totally BS. Either way... it's a p*ss poor low number of tags issued! I saw three bobcats before I saw the coyotes New Year's Eve. This place is crawling with them anymore [Mad]

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2010 04:34 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Sheri, that is a pretty blond. Very nice color.
Do we guess his weight?
Did you take the photo the next morning?

IP: Logged
Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2010 04:43 PM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
lol... 47lbs and yes... my SIL demanded a photo opp that morning after they got the cows milked, since I didn't come home until 12:30 that night lol She is our family photographer and must have pics of everyhting... lol

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Okanagan
Budding Spin Doctor
Member # 870

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2010 06:49 AM      Profile for Okanagan           Edit/Delete Post 
Good hunting and shooting, Lady!

Yes, that is an exceptionally pretty and light colored coyote and big to boot. I'd sure tan that one and keep it. Wish I had one of the light silky ones I sold many moons ago.

Posts: 269 | From: 49th Parrallel | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2010 03:13 PM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Thanks Okanagan! I'm not sure yet what colors for the felt I'm going to go with yet, but I think it will make an awesome rug! I wasn't intending on getting anything done with anymore for awhile, but couldn't resist when I saw him... lol

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Kelly Jackson
SECOND PLACE/GARTH BROOKS LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2010 03:50 PM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, what did you kill him with? You know, bullet, cartridge, MV, terminal damage, etc.? At least you didn't use a machinegun! (AR) Pay attention, Kelly! It can be done!

Happy New Year! LB

Just saw this LB. I been hunting.
If she had been using an AR she would have had 10. lol

-

PS nice job on the coyote Crow Woman.

stay after them
Kelly

Posts: 997 | From: Comanche OK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2010 05:31 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Just saw this LB. I been hunting.
If she had been using an AR she would have had 10. lol

Yep and if she was shooting a custom bolt gun chambered in a 17 cal. she would of had 14. [Razz]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2010 02:35 AM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] Too Funny Tim and Kelly! I guess I will forever have to walk in your shadows because my overharted custom bolt .243 will probably be the only gun I will ever own [Wink] I will just have to live vicariously through ya'lls lives [Frown]

[Wink]

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2010 09:08 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Score one for the Okie! Keep after them, Kelly!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

sparkyibewlocal440
Member # 397

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2010 08:24 PM      Profile for sparkyibewlocal440   Email sparkyibewlocal440         Edit/Delete Post 
I have no explanation, but every once in a while I will call in a Cat using Ki-Yi's. Last season, I had both a Coyote and a Bobcat answer my yelps at the same time. Both met the same fate.
Posts: 170 | From: So. Cal | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2010 02:51 AM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Sparky for you response. I just found that very odd! I wish they both could have followed the same path that night as well [Wink]

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

CBGC
Member # 643

Icon 1 posted January 20, 2010 04:06 PM      Profile for CBGC   Author's Homepage   Email CBGC         Edit/Delete Post 
Great story and picts Sheri..... You always make them look good.... by the way pretty coyote also!!! The cat tags are going to change next year.... anyone will be able to buy one.....

--------------------
Save a Deer Shoot a Road Hunter!
http://www.CritterBuster.com

Posts: 46 | From: PA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters