The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » "creamsicles"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "creamsicles"
stevecriner
UNKNOWN-before he was famous?
Member # 892

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2010 10:02 AM      Profile for stevecriner   Email stevecriner         Edit/Delete Post 
Knockemdown, I seen where you said somthing about colors like this in a few post back. Thought I would post the pics of these. Same ranch 3 miles apart in Oklahoma.
 -
 -

[ December 07, 2010, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: stevecriner ]

--------------------
"I love coyotes and put up with dogs....My neighbor has a slew of them."

Posts: 321 | From: missouri | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
ursus21
2nd place, John Denver lookalike Contest
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2010 10:41 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
That top coyote is absolutely gorgeous. Would love to kill its twin.
Posts: 780 | From: Montana | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2010 12:06 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Let's see? Left to right, top row, Geordie, Unknown, AR Shaw.

Bottom row, I don't know, that creamsicle color looks kinda like a very ordinary south Arizona coyote, to me?

Good hunting. LB

[ December 07, 2010, 12:08 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
stevecriner
Member # 892

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2010 12:15 PM      Profile for stevecriner   Email stevecriner         Edit/Delete Post 
I showed the top pic also because the bottom row he is in too. That pic is just to show we killed 2. The bottom pic really dont do em justice.

--------------------

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2010 12:16 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Is that little black dog about to show disrespect to Mr. A.R and hike it's leg on him?? [Eek!]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2010 12:28 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Judging by his expression...he already did!

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cayotaytalker
DOES NOT TEACH/SUSPECTED OKIE
Member # 1954

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2010 01:59 PM      Profile for Cayotaytalker   Email Cayotaytalker         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang rock stars.I think that dude on the far right is the sanger for Cross canadian ragweed. With his hair pushed up under his hat.Maybe not.

--------------------
Now thats prime coyote country!

Posts: 403 | From: LasVegas Nevada | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2010 02:08 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Stevecriner,
I believe that I see a Cronk Killer call in that top photo. Is that what you use in order to call those purdy coyotes?

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
stevecriner
Member # 892

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2010 03:04 PM      Profile for stevecriner   Email stevecriner         Edit/Delete Post 
I called the first one in with a sceery and the second with a Holzer. I remember those coyotes well not only cause of the color but how the first one handled hiself to the call working the wind and the amazing shot Geordie put on the second one at a million yards. Well it looked it anyway...
That was a long time ago but Shaw seen the first one raise up from his nap at a few hundred yards to his left. I was directly behind Shaw upwind about 70 over the hill. The coyote quartered the wind all the way in and Shaw shot hinm a 100 or so right before he cut the wind. Shaw always grabs that down wind spot if you let him,lol..

The second Geordie shot right at dark after several minutes of distress after I started mixing Ky Yi's in with the Holzer. Man I love that call and would still use it if I could get the reed right.

That day was so rememberable. The wind was blowin so hard the grasshoppers were getting stuck on the barbwire and the calls would play a tune just walkin"

--------------------

DEL GUE
SECOND PLACE: Mad Bomber lookalike contest
Member # 1526

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2010 03:56 PM      Profile for DEL GUE   Email DEL GUE         Edit/Delete Post 
The ones we have down here have a beautiful golden coat.

--------------------
"I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart." - Bear Claw

Posts: 588 | From: FL | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
JohnLK
Pro-Staff Great/Michigan Sector
Member # 1978

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2010 06:36 PM      Profile for JohnLK           Edit/Delete Post 
This color is getting fairly common around here.  -
Posts: 54 | From: Michigan | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted December 08, 2010 06:50 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
YEAH MAN!!!

Them's be creamsicles, all-right!!!
JohnLK, that one is especially 'creamy'... [Smile]

Thanks for posting up those photos, guys.

In an interesting turn of events, the farm kid up where I hunt saw a 'creamsicle' up by us a couple weeks back while spreadin' shit one evening. I'm gonna make it a point to see if I can't get that one in rifle range, after deer season winds down...

And I must add that AR Shaw is looking as dashing as ever in those photos!

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted December 08, 2010 07:17 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Knockemdown, I seen where you said somthing about colors like this in a few post back. Thought I would post the pics of these. Same ranch 3 miles apart in Oklahoma
A coyotes terr. is usually larger than just 3 miles and some have been known to move more than 40 miles to find its own terr. Not uncommon here to find another or same coloration in a group of coyotes 30 miles apart or more

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Patterson
19.6 miles down the Yellow Brick Road from THE EMERALD CITY
Member # 3304

Icon 1 posted December 08, 2010 08:25 AM      Profile for Patterson   Email Patterson         Edit/Delete Post 
Neat colorations.
Posts: 236 | From: Kansas | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters