The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Politics forum   » Oil drilling with a twist.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Oil drilling with a twist.
Joe Manes
Knows what it's all about
Member # 686

Icon 1 posted August 22, 2006 08:25 PM      Profile for Joe Manes   Email Joe Manes         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello
I was fabricating some parts today when it occured to me that it might be witin the realm of possiblity to suck all the oil out of Iran and Iraq without those fools knowing it.

Why not set up an oil pump in international waters (caspian sea) and drill under Iran by drilling/underwater tunneling at an angle?

Tunnel and drill right to the heart of the black gold and keep it.

[ August 22, 2006, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: Joe Manes ]

Posts: 31 | From: Phoenix | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 22, 2006 09:08 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I just want to know what their sand is doing on top of our oil.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7585 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Knows what it's all about
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted August 23, 2006 09:25 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, why not? Isn't that what China is doing off the coast of Cuba? Slant drilling towards FL?
Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 23, 2006 10:12 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
The technology (probably) exists to drill straight down through the center of the earth?

Wouldn't that blow their skirts up?

Oh, wait!

Those are more like bathrobes, not skirts?

If we ever smarten up and start dealing with them on a realistic basis, like a million dollars for a loaf of bread, and a gazilion $ for a Mercedes, then (maybe) we can get realistic about the price of their friggin' oil.

Oh, wait!

The French will mess up the deal.

So.... Okay, plan B.

Bomb them back to the STONE AGE , which is, (truth be known) not very far back; like a couple generations, at most?

Like, why in the hell did we build the infrastructure to extract all that oil? Why are we providing them with discounts on spare parts?

Oh wait!

If we don't, our friends, the French, will. <sigh>

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31485 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters