The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Politics forum   » Libertarian Party

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Libertarian Party
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 5 posted September 25, 2006 06:16 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone here belong to the Libertarian Party?

I've been thinking of switching over to them for years. I vote for a number of their candidates each election.

The core values that they post on their web site, run pretty much the same as mine. Smaller Government, lower taxes and more Freedom though more personal responsibility.

Tell me some of the Pros and Cons that you see with the Libertarian Party.

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2006 06:23 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's the good thing about the libertarian party: 85% of people, philosophically, are libertarians and don't know it.

Here's the bad thing about libertarians: Nobody wants to cast a vote unless they think their vote is with the winning party. Nobody wants to make s statement or stance by voting their true convictions, so they vote GOP or Democrap, and for how many years have we put up with enough of both parties' crap.

I agree... it's time for a change and the libertarian party is it.

I'm registered Republican but vote all over the board in every general election. And yes, if there's a libertarian candidate and I agree with his stance, he's got my vote.

Boortz is the bomb!

[ September 25, 2006, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: Cdog911 ]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2006 07:46 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
I think I would probably vote for a third party, if I thought they had a prayer. Actually, I know I would. But, the sad truth is, they dont and you wont even get recognized for it. Third party candidates get hardly any exposure to their views and are hardly mentioned on election night. Just a sad truth.

Scares me that if enough people vote third party, it would take enough away to elect some goof like Kerry. You know the votes gotta come from somewhere and liberals arent smart enough to go for a positive change. So, the votes will be taken away from the GOP.

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2006 11:39 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, as in Ross Perot? Did we get the boobie prize in that election, or what? Eight years of the Bill Clinton Follies. I notice he is making a serious attempt to rehabilitate his image. No skirt chaser, no sir. He was hunting Osama Bin Laden, full time. Hardly got a wink of sleep. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2006 05:22 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Nobody wants to cast a vote unless they think their vote is with the winning party.
Then how did Kerry get any votes?

At this point, the only negative I can see is the loss of voting in the Primary elections. Not too many Libertarians run against each other.

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Freddie
Knows what it's all about
Member # 952

Icon 1 posted September 27, 2006 03:53 PM      Profile for Freddie           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd vote for the Libertarians in a heart beat. Something needs to be done to get us out from under this back and forth pendullum we have been under for many years. I'd write more, but Andy and others pretty much covered my thoughts.

[ September 29, 2006, 05:35 AM: Message edited by: Freddie ]

Posts: 29 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2006 06:22 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
In the local online newspaper this morning is a poll, for US Senator. Its a heated battle here between Rep Incumbent Jim Talent and Dem Claire McCaskill. There is also a Libertarian candidate. The poll is dead heat 49 to 49 for the Dem and Rep. The Lib has 1 vote.

I know there are millions out there that would vote Libertarian and feel the same as we do. But, like I said, those millions vote 99% Republican now. What can be done to get everyone to do it at once so we dont let a bleeding heart win? The way it stands now, any Democrap would love it if the Libertarians got alot of votes, that makes them the winners.

I am game. Very game. Just dont know how to do that. Convince me its going to work, and Im in. Until then, Im doing my part to defeat the infidel dems....

--------------------
Andy

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2006 09:07 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not positive, Andy? But, seems like I heard that your buddy JH leans toward liberal Dem?

I have a very few friends that favor the Democratic party......but, I usually avoid them.

It's a pipe dream. If a charismatic leader were to suddenly create his own party, like "Bull Moose" or something like that(?), but we have a two party system, and it's going to remain that way for the forseeable future.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2006 09:31 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
LOL, you think LB? You think JH is a liberal?

I never saw that? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Andy

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted September 29, 2006 11:00 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I was afraid you were in the dark on that issue, hence, the heads up. You are welcome. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2006 03:31 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters